Top Gear

Jez

The thing that needs to be remembered is that it isnt a serious motoring program. Its a light hearted comedy which uses the medium of driving to bring people together in certain circumstances.

It doesnt pretend to be unscripted, and the acting that goes on has become part of the charm of the show.

Agree with Tonyh, Clarkson makes the show.

ditch that word removed Clarkson

for a presenter that votes labour no doubt :winkold:

Clarkson makes the show , it would die without him

Eh? Who brought politics into it?

He is an obnoxious clearing in the woods with views that belong in the gutter on many subjects true. He is a poor presenter who believes he is the show completely. His actual presenting skills are boring at best and you have to sometimes wonder if he actually does know that much about cars

without it it would not die at all. It's not the Clarkson show its supposed to be motoring show, its now nothing more than a set old old rerun ideas

Of course it's the Clarkson show. In no way is it supposed to be a serious motoring show. It's the Jeremy Clarkson chat/sketch show loosely based around cars. You either like him or you don't I suppose.

ditch that word removed Clarkson

for a presenter that votes labour no doubt :winkold:

Clarkson makes the show , it would die without him

Absolutely it would. The show is also a popular format and fairly successful, no need to change it.

The only thing that prevents Top Gear from being more successfull is the sheer number of repeats that get shown on the BBC. If i ever see it shown on the listings I assume it's going to be a repeat and dont bother watching it. I only watched last night's episode because there was nothing else on, but if I knew it was a new episode I would probably have had it on record.

for me the highlight is the tiny car that he drove around the BBC , when he gets stuck in the lift .. was it the same episode where he goes to a BBC meeting with a yogurt knitter , lesbian , Asian and a man in a wheel chair that goes on for about 6 hours

tbf they have some good material at times ..it's the little running jokes I like .. the Will Young photo on Clarkson desk , the ultra white toothpaste on Hammonds desk for example

for me the highlight is the tiny car that he drove around the BBC , when he gets stuck in the lift .. was it the same episode where he goes to a BBC meeting with a yogurt knitter , lesbian , Asian and a man in a wheel chair that goes on for about 6 hours

The Peel P50 - manufactured on the Isle of Man.

Poor programme with god awful clearing in the woods of a lead presenter.

Way forward, ditch that word removed Clarkson, a few more articles like they had a few programmes back on Senna. Change the format a bit

Whilst the Senna one was a good episode, and very interesting - I would stop watching the show if it was all like that.

It's an entertainment show. They are characters more than they are presenters. Yes, it's sometimes over the top and very scripted - but it's still also damn entertaining.

Can't wait for the Persia Special. Boxing day, isn't it?

Low on laughs but a decent enough show

I've been to Jerash where they did the car race , they didn't really do the place justice , nor Palmyra for that matter , both are amazing sites ..

Amman is home to the Royal Automobile Museum and they missed a trick by not going there , fantastic collection of cars ,old and new

Amman

• 4 weeks later...