Top Gear

Jez

I wasn't too impressed, either. It's still more entertaining than most rubbish on TV, but I don't find a lot of it funny any more. I don't know if more of the show is scripted, or if it's just more obviously/badly scripted, or if it's simply me noticing more, but it makes me laugh a lot less than it used to.

the study fire may as well have come with a neon light saying " telegraphed gag alert"

Agreed. Its bits like that that let the rest of the show down because you just don't trust what you're watching. Same with Jezza not being able to get a tyre for the SLS and the whole "I wonder if its Good morning America or Letterman" garbage.

the most tiresome thing forme was it being the same old cars when they do these things, you knew hamster would take a porsche and it would be a ferrari something or other (im not bashing the merc though as its gorgeous)

they should have taken some cars that they hadnt already had features on last series

then add to that the rubbish studio fire gags, the once again half interview and bum licking of the guest, the jokes about captain slow, hammond getting lost, the half hearted nascar stuff, the blatantly obvious excuse to go to new york but make it last an hour by throwing in the blue ridge stuff, the shite about the stig...

poor episode, will no doubt watch the next one but then i'll go back to the same routine of only watching the show if i remember its on

It is scripted, it is formulaic. But it can still be fun.

I did think the episode was quite slowly paced, I had the advantage of watching it on play back so was able to skip through the star in a car section and the christmas present twaddle etc..

I thought the Stig stuff was quite funny, especially the turn the target around and shoot him in the back variation. As far as telegraphing goes, I claim my prize for guessing Clarkson would have a bigger gun than the others. But then I also predicted someone would get out of their car and properly execute a target.

It's all scripted yes, I've had to power past that because I hate fake but I do like the visuals, the sweet cars in the cool places.. love it. That NYC bit was interesting, to see stuff I recognised. They should've dumped the cars and got on the metro tho but that might've defeated the object a tad! I'd love to do most of the driving trips they do!

Poor programme with god awful clearing in the woods of a lead presenter.

Way forward, ditch that cnut Clarkson, a few more articles like they had a few programmes back on Senna. Change the format a bit