Top Gear

Jez

awesome episode.

Id love to know if they really do get pissed off at each other and leave each other in the lurch. Obviously for viewing purposes each member probably always has at least 2 or 3 other people with them at the time but do they now help them at all?? Very very funny.

Not the best 'epic' they've done, but still a very very good episode. Had moments that were quite funny and was very eye opening to what my opinion of Vietnam was.

"For most people, Vietnam was a war; not a country". A very very good comment.

I thought that episode was fantastic. And I think there were a few times in it where the lads genuinely did have a 'mood' on. It simply can't be that they're always smiley. Hamster wasn't too enamoured with his bike being painted. Very funny when your one went off and painted some randomers bike afterwards :lol: Jeremy got a right kick out of that.

And when they were concerned for Hamster's safety so they tested his helmet. Jeremy said 'oh yes, James fell over a few times he was so concerned' :lol: Made me laugh out loud.

And kudos to them they really did seem to love Vietnam. Much like when they go to America, they really let you know what they think of a place.

All in all that was a real bonus cuz I wasn't expecting that episode at all :)

I'm glad they didn't use the Sprinsteen bike. I thought that would've been hugely disrespectful to the locals and to be honest I think it was there purely for the show and would never have been used. The threat of it was funny, but they'd always fix up the main bikes so they wouldn't use it.

It's up there with the Florida to New Orleans episode for me. 2nd to it admittedly, but up there.

I Liked how they showed 'nam for how beautiful it is, but as ever, far too contrived. Hammond 'fixing' the boat then lifting it really high into the air so the ceiling fan destroyed it again....or getting the train to the wrong place, you'd think one of the production team would notice...

The fact it's all scripted doesn't mean its not funny though

It was a quality episode. very funny and also hugely interesting.

The suits bit cracked me up.

And I bet they would get in a mood. If someone told me I had to ride the length of Vietnam on a crappy motorbike I'd tell them to **** right off.

• 3 weeks later...
Saw an old jeremy clarkson motorworld the other day, set in Vietnam.. Clarkson happily riding around effortlessly on a Honda moped!

I saw one with a jet ski on water and taking a 4x4 over ice and snow.

Twas the prototype for the past 3 series i think!