Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, JE- said:

Well Bruce has achieved fck all of any value to any club he's been at.. In fact he leaves them in a bigger mess than when he went in... Consistently everytime 

Absolute tosh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JE- said:

Well Bruce has achieved fck all of any value to any club he's been at.. In fact he leaves them in a bigger mess than when he went in... Consistently everytime 

Wagner is a manager destined for larger things.. Bruce is destined for fck all

Our manager is as poor as any manager of the last 7 years 

Taking teams to the Premier League has no value? Okay. So Wagner has achieved nothing and will achieve nothing this season. After all, getting teams to the Premier League has no value. ^_^

Just now, Wezbid said:

Absolute tosh. 

OK then... Answer me this... How many times has he been head hunted by other clubs whilst in a job? 

He's either been sacked or walked Because the club don't trust him with anymore money 

4 hours ago, JE- said:

Anyone who has a clue about football knows that wagner is head and shoulders above Bruce in every single way from tactics to innovation to building sides to playing proper modern day football

Dortmund are likely to want him at some point do you think Dortmund will want Bruce LOL just the mere thought of that is bloody hilarious

Bruce is a soul destroyer and will lose fans going to the ground if this continues...

Bruce won't get us up next season he's out his depth.. Even if he somehow did with his dire football I'd want him out as soon as the promotion is confirmed the premiership is no place for the dinasour that is Bruce 

All total speculation.

1 minute ago, JE- said:

OK then... Answer me this... How many times has he been head hunted by other clubs whilst in a job? 

He's either been sacked or walked Because the club don't trust him with anymore money 

"As required under the terms of his contract, Wigan agreed to pay Birmingham a then-world record compensation for the loss of his services of around £3m"

• Like 1

Shortly after taking charge at Sunderland Steve Bruce was asked if he had considered experimenting with a Christmas Tree formation. "I'm not really into tactics," 

Yes this is the very man you are all thinking is fabulous based on some comments 

5 minutes ago, JE- said:

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

"As required under the terms of his contract, Wigan agreed to pay Birmingham a then-world record compensation for the loss of his services of around £3m"

He also left Wigan to take the Sunderland job. So that's another one.

He also left Hull in the Summer because of transfer funds (or lack of them) too. So that's another club he wasn't sacked from.

Something tells me JE hasn't done his research :) 

• Like 1

So fellas that really amazing club Wigan got paid for him LOL.. One club out of how many managed clubs? 

I'll ask another question.. How many prem jobs is he going to get in the future? His only chance is being promoted with us.. 

1 minute ago, JE- said:

So fellas that really amazing club Wigan got paid for him LOL.. One club out of how many managed clubs? 

I'll ask another question.. How many prem jobs is he going to get in the future? His only chance is being promoted with us.. 

I don't think Bruce is capable of getting us promoted but you're going a bit far. 

It doesn't matter how many prem jobs he will get in the future. We aren't a premier league team. 

• Like 1

Just now, JE- said:

Yes, a small club paid a World record fee for him. That's even more of a big deal than a massive club doing it because of the financial risk.

And it's not 1 club. Stevo mentioned another. But apparently you've little interest in reading the facts or doing research of your own. Outside of quoting headlines.

1 minute ago, JE- said:

You asked how many times he'd been headhunted by other clubs or hadn't been sacked or walked "because the club didn't trust him with money". You didn't say anythign about how good the teams were. We gave you three examples. You clearly weren't expecting any.

I'd say there's every chance Bruce could get a Premier League job. Not that I see what that has to do with anything.

Sorry for the separate posts but just look at these facts 

If he failed to cut it as a tactician, the 50-year-old did not seem much of a strategist either. Including loans, 30 players were signed – several of whom have subsequently been moved on – during Bruce's two-and-a-half years on Wearside. That represents an unsettling "churn" factor and hardly proved conducive to developing either a clear playing philosophy or strong team spirit.

Truly disturbing 

So you're calling it "truly disturbing" that Bruce didn't have any kind of stability within his playing squad. So your answer is to sack him and bring in yet another new manager, who will want his own players, causing instability here. Right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You asked how many times he'd been headhunted by other clubs or hadn't been sacked or walked "because the club didn't trust him with money". You didn't say anythign about how good the teams were. We gave you three examples. You clearly weren't expecting any.

I'd say there's every chance Bruce could get a Premier League job. Not that I see what that has to do with anything.

So one club? He left for Sunderland? Lol really.. How come they ain't had him back and Birmingham for that matter 

I don't think Bruce is addressing, nor has he shown the ability to address our core problem.  My difference with many who would also like to see hime out, I think, is that I very much want to be wrong, because while I think I'm right, I think there are too many at the club that are buying the excuses that are given here.  

"Things were bad when he took over" is true of every manager since MCLeish at least, if not longer.

"he didn't have his own team."  No manager in the world gets to pick whatever players he wants.  Lambert had plenty he tried to get but couldn't.  Garde never got to sign a one.  

"He had too many new players to fit in, in January" He signed them voluntarily.

"he has no other strikers to play"   He got rid of how many, in January ?  And  was playing gabby-a man who showed no concern for this club or his own waistline.

"he has too many injuries in the squad." Which of those injured for us have a history of turning matches single-handedly?  

"bad luck."  (That s appears to be the favored excuse for Huddersfield)  You make at least 90% of your own luck with preparation and intelligent positioning.  Clearly we aren't mentally prepared to finish.   

"The opponents keep getting lost cry with one shot". You don't get repeatedly beaten by one shot on goal unless you continue to be ill prepared mentally for a 90 minute match.  

The excuses, while completely inadequate, IMO, are being accepted in the name of stability.  But stably mediocre is still mediocre at best.  

Because the excuses are acceptable to many, I think we're stuck with Bruce.  For that reason. I'm desperately hoping I'm wrong about his inability to turn this around and take us forward.  COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS!!!! 

(But if Dr Tony is reading, I'm not wrong.  Better for us to replace him.).  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

So you're calling it "truly disturbing" that Bruce didn't have any kind of stability within his playing squad. So your answer is to sack him and bring in yet another new manager, who will want his own players, causing instability here. Right.

Show me the evidence of managerial changes causes 'instability' within a club? 

Swansea crystal Palace have had 2 and 3 managers this season alone and have improved to get out the relegation places.. Hull have improved under Silva overall also 

Absolute excuse for the board to save face on Bruce for appointing him 

1 minute ago, JE- said:

Show me the evidence of managerial changes causes 'instability' within a club? 

Swansea crystal Palace have had 2 and 3 managers this season alone and have improved to get out the relegation places.. Hull have improved under Silva overall also 

Absolute excuse for the board to save face on Bruce for appointing him 

Evidence? Look at the the team you purport to support.

Just now, Frobisher said:

Evidence? Look at the the team you purport to support.

Sorry but our old owner caused instability not the managers... 

95% of lerners appointed managers were never ever good enough in the first place 

Â