Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Nailed it.

Ridiculous notion there is a Bruce-in camp.  

You don’t want Bruce in charge any more we ALLLLLLL get it, but as @briny_ear pointed out he has just been backed to the hilt so it’s extremely unlikely they are considering sacking him for oh I reckon the next 4 Months at least. 

errrrrrr

second attempt.....If there was no unfair criticism, there would be no need to defend, so you wouldn't hear from the likes of me on the subject.

We sometimes have to remind ourselves, he is actually in the job.....There is only Out as the option.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s see how many points we can accumulate against Stoke and Boro at home. Swansea, Norwich and Derby away.

if we also manage 11 I’ll be over the moon. 

offensively we have an impressive line up, now.

lets see if we can turn whats on paper in to a cohesive unit.

We have the potential to be a powerhouse in this division.

• Like 1

Said it before and will say it again no excuses now.  Just send the team out to win every game and everyone will be happy.  Let's be honest with a makeshift defence we are not going to keep clean sheets as all league games so far have shown.  So let's attack and blow teams away with the part of the team which is on paper at least miles better than anything else in this league.  The on paper bit is down to the Manager and coaches to figure a way to make them play as a cohesive scoring machine!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

There is no Bruce in camp its a figment of the imagination of those that want him out.

The group you refer to are simply defending the bloke against some of the stigmatized comments aimed at him.....In some cases justified and in some wide of the mark.

We have made a start that has many of us divided......2 draws at home is not good enough in my book and we clearly need to do better and win more convincingly.

We are just 5 games in and the top of the table clash tonight was hardly riveting stuff....in fact parts of it was very scrappy for league leaders.

We all know that our football, needs to improve and with all these encouraging names coming in, we would expect to turn our future games in to positive results.

He has been backed after a close season of disruption....lets see if he can make something of it......If he can't , then I don't think the fanbase will be divided and the owners won't be hanging around either.

In the meantime, without indulging in blind faith.....its is quite nifty to eke out some positivity amongst the wreckage.

Sorry TRO, No Bruce-in camp - that is Rubbish. There are those on here that would defend him regardless of the situation (in some cases it seems just to be contrary - not you btw).

Its not the start that has us divided - it is the two years of Dross and failure that we have endured. I do agree that we are not good enough and more needs to be done, but what do people expect will change after 20 years of the same management style?

I want to be positive, I really do - but there are so many things wrong that need fixing and our manager does not seem to have the tools to do so. Anyone expecting any different to last season is going to be disappointed.

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

Whilst I may have been posting about football changing. I’m still old fashioned in the sense that you must have a strong base. We have such a weakness at the back I can see us conceding pretty much every game we play. I’m really interested to see how we cope. Especially against stronger teams.

Im hoping the answer is Axel along side Chester and no injuries to either of them until Jan. Either that or Jedinak cuts out all the errors.

In terms of Current back 4 id argue we have one of the worst in the league right now. Conceding 6 in 5 against mainly average opponents backs that up.  How we can expect promotion with such a weak defence is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Nailed it.

Ridiculous notion there is a Bruce-in camp.  

You don’t want Bruce in charge any more we ALLLLLLL get it, but as @briny_ear pointed out he has just been backed to the hilt so it’s extremely unlikely they are considering sacking him for oh I reckon the next 4 Months at least. 

Right - so there is no Bruce -in camp then? EVERYONE wants him gone? All the posters who criticise any negative statements about Bruce are doing it for the sake of being argumentative then?

Yeah, OK, No Bruce-in camp. LOL. 

Bolasie - El Ghazi - Kodija - Abraham - Grealish 

With those 5 players available to choose from there is absolutely no excuse in not getting promoted. I'm disappointed we didn't upgrade our defence, i think that French dude would have helped but we have enough attacking talent to outscore teams! 

Bruce simply has to deliver now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bolasie - El Ghazi - Kodija - Abraham - Grealish 

With those 5 players available to choose from there is absolutely no excuse in not getting promoted. I'm disappointed we didn't upgrade our defence, i think that French dude would have helped but we have enough attacking talent to outscore teams! 

Bruce simply has to deliver now.

Maybe if it was a 5 aside league.

Whilst we should be out scoring weaker teams I’m not convinced we are strong enough for promotion. Bruce’s success has always come from making his teams being solid and hard to beat.  How can you gain momentum when you concede all the team? Are we really good enough to be blitzing teams so don’t need to care about the defence? 

I can’t see promotion. Bruce or no Bruce. Not unless we keep in contention and then shore up the defence in Jan. 

What’s all this backed to the hilt so won’t be sacked crap? Wasn’t RDM backed to the hilt and sacked 11 games later.  We haven’t just signed a load of average players that only Bruce can get the best of out. Any new manager can work with these players because they are quality for this league. 

Looking at our next 5 games we should be looking at bare minimum of 10 points. Even that will put us at 1.9 points a game which is behind the ideal 2 points a game to secure top 2.

So any less and we are playing catch-up with a 5th of the season under way. 

Dont get fooled by an unbeaten start. Those draws are like defeats when taking opponents in to consideration. All unexpected  lost points will bite us on the ass.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s all this backed to the hilt so won’t be sacked crap? Wasn’t RDM backed to the hilt and sacked 11 games later.  We haven’t just signed a load of average players that only Bruce can get the best of out. Any new manager can work with these players because they are quality for this league. 

Looking at our next 5 games we should be looking at bare minimum of 10 points. Even that will put us at 1.6 points a game which is way behind automatic promotion. 

So any less and we are massively playing catch-up with a 5th of the season under way. 

He won’t get sacked based on the above. But he will be massively under pressure.

Dont get fooled by an unbeaten start. Those draws are like defeats when taking opponents in to consideration. All unexpected  lost points will bite us on the ass.

i've got a feeling if our new owners had taken over earlier in pre season then Bruce would have gone. I think the uncertainly all summer and the lateness of our takeover saved him. 

My view on Bruce last season was 'promotion or go'. I think he's fortunate to be here now and he is drinking in last chance saloon.

p.s 10 points from next 5 games would give us 19 after 10 at 1.9 per game which equates to 87 over a season - just a bit short of automatic IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I applaud your optimism TRO, but this is where I can't share your enthusiasm.

It's not "WE" who will have to turn this impressive line up from a paper tiger to a frightening attacking unit .... It's Steve Bruce.

I've given up hope of SB ever being willing or able to coach an exciting cohesive attacking team.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2018 at 11:56, bannedfromHandV said:

To be fair to the guy, whatever your perspective may be anyone would think we have been in a constant state of crisis with the ongoing crusade to have him sacked. 

Most clubs only sack their Manager when doing badly, i.e. During crisis.

Id rather he just shut up about this stuff now because its not achieving anything positive but it's not as though he's fabricating it all.

You can't have 1500 pages of Bruce out and then call him out for referencing it. 

The past 5 managers have had much worse.

He failed at his job, what does he expect? A **** knighthood?

To be fair to the guy, whatever your perspective may be anyone would think we have been in a constant state of crisis with the ongoing crusade to have him sacked. 

Id rather he just shut up about this stuff now because its not achieving anything positive but it's not as though he's fabricating it all.

You can't have 1500 pages of Bruce out and then call him out for referencing it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Said it before and will say it again no excuses now.  Just send the team out to win every game and everyone will be happy.  Let's be honest with a makeshift defence we are not going to keep clean sheets as all league games so far have shown.  So let's attack and blow teams away with the part of the team which is on paper at least miles better than anything else in this league.  The on paper bit is down to the Manager and coaches to figure a way to make them play as a cohesive scoring machine!

Our manager loves a good excuse, he is under pressure and the excuses start. Lose today and he will mention the fans and the players. 

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

Houllier and McLeish had it the worst, man it was awful. Lots of xenophobia towards Houllier as well.

Even RDM got dogs abuse within 11 games and was summarily sacked.

Bruce can't even handle people going "I don't think he's the man to get us promoted"  :crylaugh:

• Like 3

Â