Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't wait for when Bruce to go and then everyone to moan at the next manager. Rinse, spin and repeat.

I gather you don't have much faith in the people running the club?

Considering our previous appointments and the way we spunked Xia's money away I can kinda see why.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

There is no way Brendan Rodgers is leaving Celtic for villa - we are a championship club with no money to spend.

I agree, it would be a big shout to step down. My only hope would be that he wants to come back to England having achieved all he can in Scotland. His reputation floundered a little at the end of his Liverpool stay and he may see us a perfagain stepping stone back to a top club. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree, it would be a big shout to step down. My only hope would be that he wants to come back to England having achieved all he can in Scotland. His reputation floundered a little at the end of his Liverpool stay and he may see us a perfagain stepping stone back to a top club. 

Would be looking for a mid table premier club I’d expect if he did come back 

What's bruces vision thats my question ? If its more of the same he might as well go. If he wants to build a team for the future then perhaps ill give him another season.

My worry is bruce is right we need a certain type of player one that isn't afraid to play for a club this size. That's why a host of players have failed here. The big spotlights terrify them

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The thing with china is that you could have Huddersfield winning the premier league, and all of a sudden thousands of Chinese would start supporting them. I have no doubt wolves have suddenly became popular in China, but a few seasons of struggling in the prem, and no one will bother with them over there. I read about 3 years ago, that villa were the 13th most popular European football club over there, which is astounding as we have done nothing for years. Villa are a much bigger club than wolves, even though wolves fans all of a sudden believe they have overtaken us. As for any manager or player that comes to us, they always spout the same big club talk about us, but it really means nothing as we have spent the last 7 years struggling. Historically we are one of the big clubs, but we are nothing at the minute. 

Yes you are right. Here is a white piece of paper & our younger fans will support any team that plays a game/ style  that suit their taste. It’s all la liga ‘s market share. 

It’s s huge untapped market here & with new official  streaming TV , the money a club can get is huge. Wolves’s Owners Fosun group is very sharp outfit. Their strategy is spot on they went with a manger / style of football that is what our market like.For official live streaming ( all others are block even with VPN it’s stop start u can’t watch) They charged now £5 a game x 36 games x projected 750k subscrition , such numbers definitely achievable. With such income stream plus their owners deep pockets , they will be a force soon.

I am a true blue Villa fan & it really sadden ne to see our rivals getting it right & we are still stuck in this second tier football. 

• Like 3

Bruce build team on individual ability not tactics. So ffp will hit us we will definetly have to sell and we definetly wont buy that quality players that we had. If we didint got promoted this year with bruce and his individual player ability style the next season will be even harder. I think that logical right?In my mind its clear we need to change the manager.

I personaly would like to see that ostersund manager Graham Potter but that probably imposible hes ex  birmingham player and his there for 7 years and now they in europa league if im not mistaken.

5 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Bruce build team on individual ability not tactics. So ffp will hit us we will definetly have to sell and we definetly wont buy that quality players that we had. If we didint got promoted this year with bruce and his individual player ability style the next season will be even harder. I think that logical right?In my mind its clear we need to change the manager.

I personaly would like to see that ostersund manager Graham Potter but that probably imposible hes ex  birmingham player and his there for 7 years and now they in europa league if im not mistaken.

He’s gone to Swansea I believe .

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

TRO there’s not going to be a rethink. We all knew what we were getting with Steve Bruce and that’s exactly what we got. He’s not going to morph into anything different. 

I’ve not been his biggest fan, but I recognise that he has played a significant roll in getting us back to being a properly run football club again. Whether he goes or stays for me is all about who takes his place. I believe it’s time to find someone who can build a new, exciting and hopefully successful culture. 

If we can do that, and it could take time and patience, then when we are promoted we will have a basis to move forward. Hopefully we can have players and a manager that have bought into a philosophy, which can be something that people identify with and that we as a club draw strength from. The Villa way perhaps, or even “The Villa Engine” as someone once said.....?

Its all histrionics Dave.....He is best placed to succeed, but the old player syndrome has to change...

He has spent much time watching the academy so he knows what they are about.....He just needs the conkers to play and develop them and see them prosper.

but i still think we need and experienced not old, No9 and a centre half....the rest play the kids.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its all histrionics Dave.....He is best placed to succeed, but the old player syndrome has to change...

He has spent much time watching the academy so he knows what they are about.....He just needs the conkers to play and develop them and see them prosper.

but i still think we need and experienced not old, No9 and a centre half....the rest play the kids.

TRO, I would say keeper, one of the center back, one of the center mids, not too worried about the number 9. I believe Davis can step up and play Grealish behind him. I look forward to the youth coming through, I don't think we will have much option but to play them when all is said and done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

TRO, I would say keeper, one of the center back, one of the center mids, not too worried about the number 9. I believe Davis can step up and play Grealish behind him. I look forward to the youth coming through, I don't think we will have much option but to play them when all is said and done.

yeah.

There are positions on the pitch at this level, where muscle is essential......we need to understand and embrace that.

That is not to say its at the expence of talent either.

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Yes you are right. Here is a white piece of paper & our younger fans will support any team that plays a game/ style  that suit their taste. It’s all la liga ‘s market share. 

It’s s huge untapped market here & with new official  streaming TV , the money a club can get is huge. Wolves’s Owners Fosun group is very sharp outfit. Their strategy is spot on they went with a manger / style of football that is what our market like.For official live streaming ( all others are block even with VPN it’s stop start u can’t watch) They charged now £5 a game x 36 games x projected 750k subscrition , such numbers definitely achievable. With such income stream plus their owners deep pockets , they will be a force soon.

I am a true blue Villa fan & it really sadden ne to see our rivals getting it right & we are still stuck in this second tier football. 

Fosun group are the real deal. It saddens me that they chose Wolves over us. Doesn’t really make sense. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fosun group are the real deal. It saddens me that they chose Wolves over us. Doesn’t really make sense. 

It’s depressing mate - what a shit weekend - I live in Coventry and for us to lose a final and they win one it has really made me feel very depressed indeed :(

mrs east thinks she’s upset me as I’m so quiet but non football  people don’t realise how football can affect the mood when suffering such a shit experience as Saturday was .

Hopefully tomorrow there will be some clarification as to whether the club are backing or sacking Bruce and we can then get on with things either way 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

don't take the bait....its early days.

Have faith in your own team.

They have had a great season, very good side.....but don't be lost on the fact that when they met us at villa park with a full team, not half a team at Molineux.....we blew them away.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

don't take the bait....its early days.

Have faith in your own team.

They have had a great season, very good side.....but don't be lost on the fact that when they met us at villa park with a full team, not half a team at Molineux.....we blew them away.

Scant consolation Tro - we beat them yes but they finished miles ahead of us and played far better football over the season with better players and a better manager - one game means nothing in comparison to where we both are now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It’s depressing mate - what a shit weekend - I live in Coventry and for us to lose a final and they win one it has really made me feel very depressed indeed :(

mrs east thinks she’s upset me as I’m so quiet but people don’t realise how football can affect the mood when suffering such a shit experience as Saturday was .

Hopefully tomorrow there will be some clarification as to whether the club are backing or sacking Bruce and we can then get on with things either way 

Don't be so depressed... we were close, despite the wankfest over Fulham, so football won the day Tom Cairney , that was the most cynical they have been all season.....such a *****ing rich comment.

look its gone we have to regroup and more importantly rethink.

If there is no rethink........TRO says Steve Bruce out.

There you heard it here first.

ps do I think he is capable of a rethink?....yes I do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Scant consolation Tro - we beat them yes but they finished miles ahead of us and played far better football over the season with better players and a better manager - one game means nothing in comparison to where we both are now 

usually a manager with better players .....is a better manager.

Eastie, lets be fair we lost this against QPR/Norwich & Bolton.

Just now, TRO said:

Don't be so depressed... we were close, despite the wankfest over Fulham, so football won the day Tom Cairney , that was the most cynical they have been all season.....such a *****ing rich comment.

look its gone we have to regroup and more importantly rethink.

If there is no rethink........TRO says Steve Bruce out.

There you heard it here first.

ps do I think he is capable of a rethink?....yes I do.

This is a tough defeat to take Tro - it will take time to get over it - the stakes were so high and to play so poorly first half is hard to take .

bruce is long  in the tooth , I don’t think he can or will change his ways now - he has always favoured a negative brand of football - I don’t think that style will cut it anymore and I’d like to see a few of the younger lads get their chance next season even ifs its a rebuilding job 

Â