Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dave my post was meant about bruce leaving not about promotion ( it wasnt made clear when i look back at it)

I would like to think everyone would be thrilled with promotion!

Apologies for making you sound like the bad guy DC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dave my post was meant about bruce leaving not about promotion ( it wasnt made clear when i look back at it)

I would like to think everyone would be thrilled with promotion!

Absolutely correct - although I will say the same as GH promotion could come in spite of Bruce and not because of him 

• Thanks 1

The more I think about our team and squad it's actually dawning on me on why we have to sack Bruce.  It also explained all the arguments in the thread because many have misunderstood the problem. 

The team is not good enough. We need a manager that can improve them to get them promoted.  Bruce can not do this!  A change is needed asap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The more I think about our team and squad it's actually dawning on me on why we have to sack Bruce.  It also explained all the arguments in the thread because many have misunderstood the problem. 

The team is not good enough. We need a manager that can improve them to get them promoted.  Bruce can not do this!  A change is needed asap.

Oh, I don’t know.  All he needs is another window (or 4) !

he’s “rebuilt” a team over two windows and 30 million and assembled a squad that aren’t good enough.  In fact, they’re so far substandard that he can’t get them to play something resembling football.  So all he needs is more money, and time, and fewer injuries.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Oh, I don’t know.  All he needs is another window (or 4) !

he’s “rebuilt” a team over two windows and 30 million and assembled a squad that aren’t good enough.  In fact, they’re so far substandard that he can’t get them to play something resembling football.  So all he needs is more money, and time, and fewer injuries.

You're sarcastic post makes no sense. Why on earth would anyone suggest you give a manager who can't get the best out of the players he has bought more money to buy more players he can't get the best out of? 

Dont really get the point of your post. Care to explain? 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He probably needs another pre-season ;)

He needs to go if he can't get the team he has mostly assembled with the budget he been given promoted. 

Not because the team is brilliant and he is shit. 

Not because the team is shit and he is brilliant.

simply because he can't get this team promoted. Is that so hard to understand?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He needs to go if he can't get the team he has mostly assembled with the budget he been given promoted. 

Not because the team is brilliant and he is shit. 

Not because the team is shit and he is brilliant.

simply because he can't get this team promoted. Is that so hard to understand?

While I agree with you, I dont think the powers that be will sack him anytime soon :(

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The problem is there always seems to be something. 

Needing a pre season.

Having that holding player to allow the team to attack. 

Now it's the forward line. 

I'm still waiting for when the manager might actually take responsibility for under performing

You missed out time to settle in...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The problem is there always seems to be something. 

Needing a pre season.

Having that holding player to allow the team to attack. 

Now it's the forward line. 

I'm still waiting for when the manager might actually take responsibility for under performing

You mean you want him to admit it's his fault? 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes I did, sorry. But I think for me play-offs is a failure 

Well if we make playoffs and lose I'll be with you posting about the managers failure. 

But if we win the playoffs I'm afraid you're own your own talking about managers failure  because I'll be too busy celebrating ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You're sarcastic post makes no sense. Why on earth would anyone suggest you give a manager who can't get the best out of the players he has bought more money to buy more players he can't get the best out of? 

Dont really get the point of your post. Care to explain? 

Explanation in bold

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Bristol v ManUre

Bit sickening seeing BC making a fist of it, getting stuck in, moving the ball well with purpose when they have it, when they do go long it sticks or they get a throw in, keeping possesion/creating chances from throw ins.

Lee Johnson doing a great job with limited resources, Bruce cant even beat top 6 (or is it top8?) in the championship, let alone beat 3 PL teams. yes they are cup games, we couldnt even beat Boro.

Lerner, Mclose, Lambert, Captain Bellend and Bruce have literally numbed us into a low sense of expectancy.

Bruce really must go.

We need someone who can instill a bit of positivety into our play and create a bit of fear into our CH rivals.

We are AVFC ffs

Gone are the days when we were stagnating watching everyone around us pass us by waiting for Lerner to sell up so that we could take on a new directive and philosiphy.

Now were waiting for Bruce to give up and go (or get sacked) so that we no longer have to witness teams playing better football and/or taking points off us as we slide down the table whilst the likes of Cardiff, BristolC are above us soon to be followed by SheffU Leeds & Boro

Johnson has built his own team. Didn't happen over night. If you think he would come in and make us play the same way straight away then you will be disappointed. 

You want Villa to play a certain way and get promoted (like we all do) then be prepared to spend a lot more years in the league. Because it won't happen this year I assure you. We either go up this year the Bruce way or we do not go up at all. 

The sooner you accept that the better.

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Johnson has built his own team. Didn't happen over night. If you think he would come in and make us play the same way straight away then you will be disappointed. 

You want Villa to play a certain way and get promoted (like we all do) then be prepared to spend a lot more years in the league. Because it won't happen this year I assure you. We either go up this year the Bruce way or we do not go up at all. 

The sooner you accept that the better.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Â