Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, JE- said:

Yes 

Oh. Because I thought he assembled competitive teams, usually on relatively small budgets, and gets them promoted. 

Seemingly I have the wrong Bruce. Hate it when that happens, last time was when I found out we hadn't appointed Forsyth. 

• Like 1

I don't remember many people moaning that we were signing too many players in January, I was loving it and so were most others. If people thought that would destabilise us I don't remember many saying so... hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Bruce football is worse than mcliesh! 

I just literally don't think I can stomach much more of his garbage tactics 

When he takes off all our strikers in games aswell is just infuriating the negativity is so ripe in him.. 

The Richards saga and gabby saga alone should be enough to want to see the back of him 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh. Because I thought he assembled competitive teams, usually on relatively small budgets, and gets them promoted. 

Seemingly I have the wrong Bruce. Hate it when that happens, last time was when I found out we hadn't appointed Forsyth. 

Small budgets? You really haven't looked into it he's spent loads with his clubs 

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Do they? Not sure that is a reflection of the views on here. 

Fair enough, I'll rephrase. Would you agree that most on here seem to think there's a great likelihood us getting promoted with Bruce?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JE- said:

Bruce football is worse than mcliesh! 

I just literally don't think I can stomach much more of his garbage tactics 

When he takes off all our strikers in games aswell is just infuriating the negativity is so ripe in him.. 

The Richards saga and gabby saga alone should be enough to want to see the back of him 

Stop going on about it then, or stop watching, or stop spending every waking minute posting about it on here. Do yourself a favour mate; if it winds you up that much, just try and ignore it.

3 minutes ago, JE- said:

Small budgets? You really haven't looked into it he's spent loads with his clubs 

Relatively seems to be the word you've chosen to ignore. And no, he hasn't.

He hasn't spent loads with the teams he has got promoted.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Relatively seems to be the word you've chosen to ignore. And no, he hasn't.

He hasn't spent loads with the teams he has got promoted.

Hull? 

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Fair enough, I'll rephrase. Would you agree that most on here seem to think there's a great likelihood us getting promoted with Bruce?

Fair play fella.

Honestly, I don't know. I've largely avoided this thread until the last few days when it has got a little silly, I just wanted to try and bring a bit of balance.

I would never try and speak for anyone other than myself. Personally I've had my doubts about Bruce in recent weeks, the last three games have reduced them somewhat.

I would say I'm optimistic given his track record that he will have us challenging for promotion next season. But that I want to see continued improvement over the remaining games to carry into next season, if we have a repress of the 8 horrible games prior to this run my view on the direction the club should take will change.

I think that is perhaps probably a view shared by quite a few in this thread and in the wider fan base.

I think that is quite a long way short of thinking there is a "great likelihood of us getting promoted next season".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Then you would have had plenty reason to say good game good game :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This is what I keep reading, on a daily basis, and surely this part at least is fact, not just your opinion? Most seem to think it's more or less a guarantee we'll get promotion next season, if we simply stick by Bruce. Given what we've seen thus far, I'd say it's highly unlikely we'll get promoted with him at the helm.

I do however agree, the squad certainly is strong enough now, and I'd argue it was so before January too.

It is fact that he's proven at this level, but no I don't think that guarantees promotion. I think that we should, but nothing in life, or especially football, is guaranteed. 

FWIW I thought we'd finish upper mid table this season. I still think we will, but it's not quite in the manner I expected!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE- said:

29 mate 

OK. So tell me which Villa managers, presumably Premier League era only, do you think played 'decent' football?

You honestly think this is worse than McLeish? I can only assume you were hibernating that season. 

Â