Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me as bad as we have been recently I think ALOT of our problems stem from all the manager changes and changes. I think we definitely need stability.

I think bruce should be given until end of season see where we are at. If it gets worse then questions should be asked.

What I would love for one just once the fans even when we hit a rough spell get behind the manager and team. Against Barnsley fans sing Bruce's name to show he hasn't lost the fan Base.  I think that would reflect so well on the team instead of all the moaning and.complaining.  always a majority of the fan Base ask for the head of the manager when you hit a rough patch.

Ferguson would have been sacked after a few games of the fan Base bck then was like it is now. The impatience is ridiculous 

Overall I think you are right, but I cannot deny, I think it is getting worrying again, just simply too many defeats, blimey we can't even fight for a draw.

The thing I was expecting When Steve Bruce was signed was

• Grit and determination
  • players winning their duels and tackles
  • fierce competitiveness
  • a robust defence
  • intensity
  • and a industrious and workman like approach
  • I though we could keep the ball and dominate it.

I don't see any of that and it worries the like out of me.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we are going to play hoof ball why buy a small goal poacher and sell our only  target man?

......because it isn't the plan to do that.....its desperation at work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm fed up reading the problems stem from changing Managers.

Had the Managers been half decent they'd still be here.

What Club ( or profession) retains failing Managers ?

Political parties?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we are going to play hoof ball why buy a small goal poacher and sell our only  target man?

Maybe the guy who buys and sells isn't the Manager and they are preparing for the next guy ?

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm fed up reading the problems stem from changing Managers.

Had the Managers been half decent they'd still be here.

What Club ( or profession) retains failing Managers ?

but any manager requires time to implement his theories in to practical solutions.....thats only reasonable Terry.

Look, reflecting on yesterdays result, I am stuffed if I know whats wrong.....It seems like we have tried everything.

Maybe, I am joking a bit......but I would get Eddie Jones to come down and give them a pep talk......watching the England boys yesterday ( Well the Welsh lads too) it was grit and determination personified.....I don't see that in our lot.

I must admit, I am running out of reasons.

I don't believe Steve Bruce is as bad as these results......something isn't right.

I am not convinced another throw of the dice will bring up another manager, that can fix this......I think we will just compound the problem.

just look at :

• Man City
  • B,Ham
  • Sunderland
  • Crystal Palace

All changing managers to better themselves and probably making it worse.

ps However saying all that, I don't think Dr X will run with these results indefinitely......whether i like it or not.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

TRO you have no evidence for that. 

There is plenty evidence it's a plan.

Sorry, Terry I don't believe that and if you are right, I don't support "hoof ball"

show me the evidence.

I've outlined it in several posts since last night and over the weeks if you can't see it fair enough. But very briefly..

Hes always done it.

He is selecting MORE defenders not less.

Lansbury clearly under instruction not to cross halfway.

Hutton Elphick and Taylor or Bacuna Green and Adomah ? Which is the selection you'd make if you wanted to play football ?

The evidence of my eyes, we do it every game.

If he didn't want the GK and Baker to continually hit it long why not tell them ! It happened over and over again ( as usual).

And the nonsense of the counter argument that in some weird way our players uniquely have no idea what to do with a football.

Finally IF you were right and this garbage is CONTRARY to his instructions he is failing totally in his job which is to get his players to play football.

• Like 1

I think we have to stick with him.

The season is a write off and has been for a long time. We have no chance of going up this season and haven't done since Christmas.

What we need to hope for is a strong finish to the season. If Bruce can't produce that then I've no doubt he will be replaced in the Summer but to change managers now would be futile.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dukes said:

I seriously doubt it, 1 post that in the short term looks to have been correct does not make you Nostradamus.

i've read many of your other 600 odd posts, and I'd trust the psychic octopus Paul from the 2010 World Cup over you.

1 post?

Go and read the General Predictions thread and the 'Squad/Team - How do you see it?' thread.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

but any manager requires time to implement his theories in to practical solutions.....thats only reasonable Terry.

Look, reflecting on yesterdays result, I am stuffed if I know whats wrong.....It seems like we have tried everything.

Maybe, I am joking a bit......but I would get Eddie Jones to come down and give them a pep talk......watching the England boys yesterday ( Well the Welsh lads too) it was grit and determination personified.

I must admit, I am running out of reasons.

I don't believe Steve Bruce is as bad as these results......something isn't right.

I am not convinced another throw of the dice will bring up another manager, that can fix this......I think we will just compound the problem.

just look at :

• Man City
  • B,Ham
  • Sunderland
  • Crystal Palace

All changing managers to better themselves and probably making it worse.

I'm all for giving them time. I stuck with Lambert until Christmas in his final season. I would've given RDM another half dozen games than most.

But what we are watching is awful, and the results are awful, and it's with good players.

And I don't just mean performances, selection, tactics, substitutions, explanations, the whole lot is appalling.

At the moment he is going to get us relegated. 

Fwiw I would still stick with him. I was earlier than many in saying hisvtavtics were awful but I've said all along give him time and, purely on principle, ( not on signs of progress) I would still give him time.

But whereas logic says until the end of the season there is no way we could do that if we continue to fall.

In addition points alone wouldn't make me want him next year.

I said at half time yesterday I didn't even want us to win playing like that and was not alone. The last thing I want is for those tactics to be vindicated in the short term because in the long term they will get us nowhere.

What is really frustrating me is how we come out for the second half. Yesterday would have been the perfect chance to come out and get right at them, pushing high up the pitch and going all out for an early goal. They'd just had to sub their second player in the first half, we were pushing until the whistle and we come out and look like theyre half asleep. I'd love to see us really go at a team. 

People will quote the statistics yesterday but other than one great save did their keeper really have much to do? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I've outlined it in several posts since last night and over the weeks if you can't see it fair enough. But very briefly..

Hes always done it.

He is selecting MORE defenders not less.

Lansbury clearly under instruction not to cross halfway.

Hutton Elphick and Taylor or Bacuna Green and Adomah ? Which is the selection you'd make if you wanted to play football ?

The evidence of my eyes, we do it every game.

If he didn't want the GK and Baker to continually hit it long why not tell them ! It happened over and over again ( as usual).

And the nonsense of the counter argument that in some weird way our players uniquely have no idea what to do with a football.

Finally IF you were right and this garbage is CONTRARY to his instructions he is failing totally in his job which is to get his players to play football.

I think he is failing to get them to do what he wants , yes.

you get 50/50 in a team of 10 outfield players, sometimes 60/40 (depending) defenders v Attackers.

We play Kodjia, Hogan,Lansbury,Hourihane,Adomah......5 attacking players....so where is this imbalance you talk about in terms of too many defenders.

When you play football.....If you cannot win the ball and the opposition has it eventually there is a tendency to retreat.....that is not a plan necessarily, its more of a failure of players not doing the job.

It maybe nonsense to say that the new players did not know what to do with the football in their previous teams......but it is not nonsense to say they are learning to play together, to know what to do with the football in OUR team.

Terry, I am genuinely not arguing with you......Hey , you might be right......I am just offering some alternative thoughts.

Look, I have to dig deep to come to terms with that result.....I didn't see the game.....but have seen all the previous ones. I am told we played well in the first half, but I still feel the results that we was getting when SB first arrived has slipped away again.....That result yesterday was a bad one and we are now slowly becoming TOO EASY to beat again.

Â