Next Villa Manager

Richard

4 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

It's a shame Southgate isn't available. I'll throw my support behind whoever we appoint, although the field is largely uninspiring. I think Bruce is the obvious choice. 

We can't chant that though can we ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's astonishing, it really is.

I don't think he was quite as unpopular with many fans in the ground ......as he was on this forum.

The club had to sack him when they did, but both him and Garde  were sold a pup......and too many interfering bodies at large.

We need someone now who has seen it all, someone formidable......and more importantly knows what to do with us.

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

some of the names being mentioned on here :crylaugh::crylaugh:

You mean they are worse than the ones we have had?

Nah.... couldn't get any worse.....could it?

22 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dr Tony went up North in an F1 McLaren

Got run off the road by me

F*** Steve McLaren

dump the notion of giving your job up.......

or "Britain's got Talent"

Edited by TRO

So Swansea sack Guidolin and immediately have Bob Bradly lined up to take his place.

Here's hoping we are as pro active as them.

Also hope Xia and his peep's doesn't look at the world of football and come up with any of the names that have already been here and failed the club in various ways.

MON, Lambert, Sherwood!? I mean seriously people, have we not suffered enough?

• Like 2

Bruce and Hughton would be the obvious, if uninspired choices. 

Both managed basket case clubs, so have a track record of dealing with pressure over an extended period of time.

I like the cut of Wagner's jib, and with Klopp's star in the ascent, having a Klopp clone complete with gegenpress and all those other modern things appeals on some level. But the gig might just be too early for him. 

There is also no real pressure on Huddersfield to go up.  He does it there, and it's some achievement. It opens more doors for him than doing the same here or (cynical hat on) bombing here and being punted at the end of the season.  

For all that, I reckon Tone will probably go with a 'name' in world football, with an eye on the Asian and other markets. Lothar Matthaus, or someone of that ilk. 

Zenga at Wolves looked barking, but that seems to be working out OK for them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Zenga at Wolves looked barking, but that seems to be working out OK for them.

It really did, and I've still not give up all hope that it'll end in hilarity tears.