Football Manager 2017

V01

7 minutes ago, V01 said:

The official update is usually late feb/early march. 

This guy does an unofficial data update which is usually never more than a week behind any real life changes, currently it's correct as of yesterday.

I've seen this guy but wasn't sure if he came recommended. So if buy the game and then Download his update I should be able to play with current squad after that? Do recommend this update? Are there any problems etc

It's just a database, download the update and store it in the whichever folder it says and you're good to go. All you'll need to do is select it when you start a new game. 

There won't be any issues, but I it will run as well as if you were running the normal database. 

• Like 1

Having a really fun save with Hamburg at the moment. I like it because the computer AI, in particular transfers, is very realistic.

Finished 2nd in my first season and just won the league in the second.

I'm now trying to improve my squad because we were outclassed in the Champions League quarter finals and I'm trying to place an emphasis on home grown players however this is where the AI comes into play.

Wanted to sign Mitchell Weiser from Hertha as they've just been relegated. Negotiated a price of around £20m but got completely blown away by Bayern who gave him 160k a week.

Same with Nicklas Stark who I missed out on at the end of the 1st season. Went in for him again, got my bid accepted but West Ham came in and gave 210k a week!

I like this because it means I'm still going to be fighting every season and I can't just now go and outspend everyone else.

• Like 1

There's a transfer update in the steam workshop if you want it now, I've got that, a bigger database and one that means that the spread of regens is more global rather than just Brazil and Argentina meaning scouting should be more fun 

started a schalke game, expecting it to be hard going, signed luan, never bought him before, he's had a great start

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There's a transfer update in the steam workshop if you want it now, I've got that, a bigger database and one that means that the spread of regens is more global rather than just Brazil and Argentina meaning scouting should be more fun 

started a schalke game, expecting it to be hard going, signed luan, never bought him before, he's had a great start

Thankyou for sharing this mate I'm a now one happy fella. Anyone know what Villa's transfer budget is with this update. Only one thing I want to change ........ Must get a new keeper

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midfielder said:

S'up fella...

Ironically, you're close to the truth, I'm getting a lot of FM time in! Currently in season 9 with Torino, a one-club-man savegame that has seen much success. My days involve FM, box sets, prescription drugs and a lot of sleep! Why? Micah Richards.

Currently into my second week off sick with a probable four more coming! All because of Micah Richards. 

Well, Xia (surgeon) came in and removed the bomb squad (entire gallbladder and a number of gallstones) except she missed Micah Richards (a retained gallstone that was hiding in my bile duct). And so, more surgery next week to remove Micah. Abdo surgery sucks, cant lift nowt, house completed two weeks ago too, so laid up paying another months rent until I can get mobile to pack up and arrange move practicalities. Yeah, in relation to FM though, have done nine whole seasons in that time (plus another Borderlands2 play-through)

• 7 serie A wins
  • 5 Italian Cups
  • 7 Italian Supercups
  • International League Winner - Italy
  • World Cup Winner - Italy
  • No European success at all though, frustrating!

This feature presentation has been brought to you in association with our sponsors codeine and paracetamol.

I'd also just like to randomly add, that gallstone / gallbladder pain is ranked higher than childbirth pain and comparatively I have been in "labour" for weeks :(

Ouch, hope you get better soon, and damn how are you so good at football manager?!

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Ouch, hope you get better soon, and damn how are you so good at football manager?!

Cheers. I find in Serie A that to be champions you can expect to have to win 30 of your 38 matches. In those 9 seasons, the mighty Torino have risen, however, merely Milan and Juve are the only chasers then comes a good ten-twenty point gap on the rest. Inter and Lazio are both Serie B with no signs of returning. Anyway, you asked how... ("Good" is one thing but so much domination in domestic league and having delivered no progression past regular quarter final / semi elimination is another, must do better in Europe to be good):

1- years of fanaticism going back to the first one that I had on Commodore Amiga

2- I use Genie scout to scout for players, just being honest, sorry purists! Doesn't mean you get successful personal terms agreed with all the best new gens under the sun though, many turn down Torino , though you can see them. 

3- I use a tactic that I haven't changed throughout , that maybe I should to better my Champions League ability but it is basically 

GK

DR DC DC DL

Dmc

Mc.   Mc

amr             Aml

Ac

i can post up more specific stuff if you want but I'm sure there'll be better CL delivering tactics from our boys on here!

12 hours ago, Xela said:

@Midfielder get better soon chief. 

I still haven't succumbed to the charms of FM yet but have been tempted a few times. 

Start with the android or IOS mobile version, which although they're very simplified...

1- if you're just chilling at home they're good to have on while watching tv, could fly through a season in a couple of hours, whereas on PC version if I wasn't laid up with extra time, a season takes me 2-3 nights if Im chilling midweek

2- might give you a taste for PC version ;) 

3- 8/9 quid.... Good little app for the money

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

about to start a new save with the updated villa squad. will be interesting. 

Me too, it'll be my fourth attempt on this game to get a good Villa save going, I can't get it this year for some reason.

Â