PES 2017

dubbs

Found the patch after my rant lol, also have uploaded all available kits.

This game is good, but I must say, pad-smasingly-infuriating. I'm playing ML on superstar with the originals, holy shit this is the hardest PES ever. The main issue is that the originals are just so incredibly physically shite, you will get bullied off the ball with ease, dominated on set pieces and unable to hold the ball up. The only goals I score are shitty ticky tacka type goals. You also have a strict wage bill that you can't exceed (i.e. you can't go into the financial red like previous games and make the shortfall up in the season) - annoyingly you can't trade off your transfer budget for wage budget, which seems a bit dumb. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Found the patch after my rant lol, also have uploaded all available kits.

This game is good, but I must say, pad-smasingly-infuriating. I'm playing ML on superstar with the originals, holy shit this is the hardest PES ever. The main issue is that the originals are just so incredibly physically shite, you will get bullied off the ball with ease, dominated on set pieces and unable to hold the ball up. The only goals I score are shitty ticky tacka type goals. You also have a strict wage bill that you can't exceed (i.e. you can't go into the financial red like previous games and make the shortfall up in the season) - annoyingly you can't trade off your transfer budget for wage budget, which seems a bit dumb. 

That's rubbish. Might even ruin the game for me.

47 minutes ago, omariqy said:

That's rubbish. Might even ruin the game for me.

I actually managed to put a winning streak together after that post but then all I could do was draw after that. I really am finding it extremely difficult. Keepers are kind of shit too (I guess you'd expect a OVR of 63 to be shit to be fair), letting goals at their near post left right and centre. My latest pet hate is that the refs give a lot phantom fouls, literally 10 times I've wondered what the hell I've been penalised for, and still couldn't figure out after watching the replay.

Anyway, I think I've spent too much time on it today, despite all my complaints it's a good game.

I know most players of PES play on console, but if anyone is a PC gamer here and has a PC because they care about graphics you may want to give PES 2017 on PC a miss.. PES 2017 on PC is basically PES 2016 right down to the same graphics and gameplay, it's a scam as they advertise the game on PC using the PS4 screenshots for PES 2017 which doesn't represent the same game on PC at all. 

• Like 1

So really into this, the most challenging PES I've ever played, I've really had to change how I play the game (for the first time ever).

However some more frustrations to share (playing on Superstar level):

(1) I don't know whether I'm missing a magic button but it's incredible how many times I get dispossessed from behind by the COM, when I try the same it's a 'foul'

(2) It's very hard to shield the ball, again may be missing some magic button

(3) This game is incredibly biased against pace. I have two fast wingers with OVR's of 80 and 77 but that's not enough to blow past full backs rated no higher than 69. I either lose the ball or get chopped in half when I do managed to go round the player. 

(4) Refereeing is utterly ridiculous. PES 16 was probably too lax, at times resembling Street Fighter. PES 17 has gone in the opposite direction. I'm penalised for loads of slide tackles despite winning the ball. There's plenty of 'phantom' fouls as well. Plus the really annoying thing is you can get penalised for 'blocking' a player trying to go past you. The issue with this of course is that you have no real control over it. I got a second yellow for it and it drove me irate. 

(5) COM recovery pace is insane - this follows from issue (3), but even with fast players moderately paced opposition players will catch up with you when you get clear and they will tackle you.

The central issue with PES17 is that the whole game amounts to a bit of a Barcelona wank fest, not only based on the initial loading screen when you boot the game but also in how you have to play. Possession based pass and move is the only way I'm able to do well. A more pacey direct approach will not really give you success, slow build up and eye of the needle through balls are the aim of the game.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Does all that mean it's a bad game? Not played a pro evo in years and was thinking about picking this one up alongside Fifa.

Not necessarily, just giving my thoughts as I play. I'm a lot more used to it now so results have picked up substantially. It's just like you're playing in a phone booth lol.

No football game is perfect. IMO PES17 is better than PES 16 and is far more challenging, which is a good thing, it's boring winning 5-2 every match. 

Sure this will annoy a few but this is already down to £26 on Tesco direct.

*Edit Looks like they have now killed this deal and put it to £36. you can still use the deals below to get it a bit cheaper at least (£5 off 40 or £10 off £75 orders)

There is a £2 fee for c&c but you can add something else for £4 to get free (needs to be £30 for free c&c) or even better if you find something else for £14 taking your total to £40 you will also get a £5 discount if you use the code TDX-WFRX  on checkout.

If there are 2 of you that want it you can basically get it for £23.50 each by purchasing 2 and using the code. Bargain.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/pro-evolution-soccer-2017-ps4/375-3389.prd?skuId=375-3389&pageLevel=sku&icid=spiffy_pro evolution soccer_375-3389_pro evolution socc

Edited by LakotaDakota

I'm absolutely loving it so far. Haven't played a football game for a couple of years, but managed a 3-0 over Birmingham City with a McCormack hat-trick in my first game!

It didn't take long to sort out the proper kits etc either. Plenty of options to download on the PES forums and it looks incredible. Took me about 15 minutes including searching online. I love being able to edit to this extent as well, i'll have a lot of fun with this.

Just a heads up about that £26 tesco deal. Just went in store at New Oscott Extra in Sutton Coldfield and they have them priced up at £26. If you wanna be cheeky, you can buy it and trade it straight in to Cex for profit, haha.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Just a heads up about that £26 tesco deal. Just went in store at New Oscott Extra in Sutton Coldfield and they have them priced up at £26. If you wanna be cheeky, you can buy it and trade it straight in to Cex for profit, haha.

Yep, back upto £36 online but stores seem to have priced it at £26 (Saw them in Wrexham this morning) , Be quick though as they will soon be gone at that price.

Â