PES 2017

dubbs

On 9/18/2016 at 16:25, Dr_Pangloss said:

The central issue with PES17 is that the whole game amounts to a bit of a Barcelona wank fest, not only based on the initial loading screen when you boot the game but also in how you have to play. Possession based pass and move is the only way I'm able to do well. A more pacey direct approach will not really give you success, slow build up and eye of the needle through balls are the aim of the game.

Have you played much local multiplayer? I'm finding Master League really tough (original players) but am beating my mates pretty easily, with a variety of different tactics all seeming to work well.

My main gripe is that there's no transfer budget / wage budget slider for Master League... seriously WTF.

2 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Have you played much local multiplayer? I'm finding Master League really tough (original players) but am beating my mates pretty easily, with a variety of different tactics all seeming to work well.

My main gripe is that there's no transfer budget / wage budget slider for Master League... seriously WTF.

Nah, not yet, ML is the only thing I've played. Totally agree that not being able to trade transfer budget for wages is utterly ridiculous.

I went to the pesgaming forums and downloaded the WEHK All-in-one pack, which completely fixes all of the unlicenced teams including national teams and adds in the Bundesliga. Really good stuff. Can be found here for PS4 http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100737

I've found that I can create chances in a variety of ways. I've scored plenty with Villa through pace and unlocking the defence by running onto through balls on the counter. You can't simply dance around the opposition but that doesn't work in real football either.

Unless you use Barcelona that is. In my first game using anyone but Villa, I scored from the kickoff with Messi by dribbling around 4 defenders. He scored the 2nd after 8 minutes of gametime and to the full credit of Konami, Fiorentina then started to hack him down at every opportunity. It was brilliant to watch and it made it much more difficult to score, and that was just on the initial fairly easy difficulty. It was great to see the game adapt in that way.

I've also scored with Villa from early crosses, cutbacks, shots from outside the box. McCormack is probably my favourite video game Villa forward since Carew. Grealish is brilliant to use in this as he dribbles really well and seems to be able to put players through on a regular basis. No two goals seem to be the same and it's the most natural football game I can remember playing. I'm having a blast. The only current problem for me is that the face for Jedinak appears to be a few years old and he doesn't have a beard, and I can't give him one without having to remake his face.

I play a 4-3-3 with Villa like this:

--------------------McCormack

---Adomah-------------------------Bacuna/Ayew

---------------------Grealish

-----------Jedinak------------Westwood

Amavi--------------------------------------Hutton

---------------Richards---Chester

-----------------------Gollini

Grealish will tend to run the game for me.

So this is getting a lot easier now - in la liga with my Atletico team and having made some shrewd buys I'm top after 9 games and unbeaten. I'd massively recommend Iturbe on loan and also Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. Dolberg has an OVR of 74 but is pretty much an all rounder and appears if he has a lot of potential.  

Other than that, Arcas gets really really good.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

On BAL mode, Ive no idea how I increase my ovr? I've tinkered with my training, played about 8 games, motm in a couple, a few assists, 3 goals and I keep getting loads of experience points but no focus points? What do I do with the exp points as I can't find any options on the BAL screen?

That's fair enough but I don't play football games to make football kits. Gameplay and realism are most important after enjoyment. PES is definitely ticking all of those boxes. However, I wish it just had that little extra that FIFA has to take it over the edge. Imagine both games meshed together.

12 hours ago, omariqy said:

That's fair enough but I don't play football games to make football kits. Gameplay and realism are most important after enjoyment. PES is definitely ticking all of those boxes. However, I wish it just had that little extra that FIFA has to take it over the edge. Imagine both games meshed together.

I guess it just means you have the ability to have every team in the game that FIFA does. Do you want to completely and accurately recreate your local Pub league? You can. Do you want to win the Premier League with the club you played for in under 8s? You can do that to. It definitely adds to the durability of the game for me.

As for the actual gameplay, it's been absolutely brilliant for me in the 2 weeks that i've had it. It feels like football. The opposition will adjust to your tactics and I haven't found that too many goals feel the same. Can't wait for my mates to get it so we can get some multiplayer going.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I used to like the idea of changing the villa kit every summer when I was playing ML, tweaking the home and creating new away kits, it was part of the fun

Agree totally, even changing my name and number font for different competitions. Good fun.

On 25/09/2016 at 18:17, Ingram85 said:

On BAL mode, Ive no idea how I increase my ovr? I've tinkered with my training, played about 8 games, motm in a couple, a few assists, 3 goals and I keep getting loads of experience points but no focus points? What do I do with the exp points as I can't find any options on the BAL screen?

Anyone?

Â