Jump to content

Fan Consultation Group 2016/7


OutByEaster?
 Share

Recommended Posts

4. Please don't let there be a 'singing section'. Flags and banners yes, but these should at all times be spontaneous and only edited in the case of foul or abusive content. I would hate to see a repeat of the scenes of last season. 

7. The last time we were consulted on the badge we got the current monstrosity. We should just leave the 'experts' to it or at most there could be a fans nomination whereby we have a trusted representative to make sure they don't make a complete balls up of it? 

It's a shame that the community were not openly consulted prior to this meeting taking place. As you say, we are not a single voice here, we are a collective. It's not that I don't trust you OBE, but it would have been nice to have been presented with the opportunity to have my say as a part of that collective and to hear from the community as a whole ahead of such a meeting. I hope that's something that will be taken on board moving forward.

Edit - unless we were and I missed it! In which case I apologise. 

Edit2 - And to be fair you do say that it will be different moving forward. :) 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

You weren't given much of anything in advance - sorry. Due mostly to my sloppy e-mail etiquette, it all happened a bit quickly - but we're in now and the opportunity is there for the site to influence agendas and go forward in whichever way works best. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

4. Please don't let there be a 'singing section'. Flags and banners yes, but these should at all times be spontaneous and only edited in the case of foul or abusive content. I would hate to see a repeat of the scenes of last season. 

7. The last time we were consulted on the badge we got the current monstrosity. We should just leave the 'experts' to it or at most there could be a fans nomination whereby we have a trusted representative to make sure they don't make a complete balls up of it? 

It's a shame that the community were not openly consulted prior to this meeting taking place. As you say, we are not a single voice here, we are a collective. It's not that I don't trust you OBE, but it would have been nice to have been presented with the opportunity to have my say as a part of that collective and to hear from the community as a whole ahead of such a meeting. I hope that's something that will be taken on board moving forward.

Edit - unless we were and I missed it! In which case I apologise. 

Edit2 - And to be fair you do say that it will be different moving forward. :) 

7. Yes. Last time round, they tried to please everyone and ended up with a hotchpotch of of a badge. We must be more professional this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's been mentioned previously (a lot) but, given Xia's heavy use of Twitter, I really think the club should be doing a hell of a lot more "online" generally.  Social media is one great aspect for promoting the club and could tie in nicely with, say, a YouTube channel with all match highlights, players involved in daft games etc. etc.

This is the exact time to be jumping on all this - especially with the potential of a large following from over 4,800 miles away.

(Not sure if this is relevant here but...)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks OBE.

One thing that could be mentioned next for me, would be in relation to half time service at the ground. They seem to make things very hard for fans to  get a drink/food without missing any of the match. All it would take would be to have a pourer like at festivals which can pour 6 pints at once rather than 1. It's nothing major, but would vastly improve the match day experience.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thanks OBE.

One thing that could be mentioned next for me, would be in relation to half time service at the ground. They seem to make things very hard for fans to  get a drink/food without missing any of the match. All it would take would be to have a pourer like at festivals which can pour 6 pints at once rather than 1. It's nothing major, but would vastly improve the match day experience.

They did have that in the lower holte last year but it didn't really help. Changed to a regular dispenser this year.

Absoltuely agree though, queues are a nightmare at half time. Would have thought pre poured pints would work though if possible.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
14 hours ago, cyrusr said:

They did have that in the lower holte last year but it didn't really help. Changed to a regular dispenser this year.

Absoltuely agree though, queues are a nightmare at half time. Would have thought pre poured pints would work though if possible.

Pre-poured pints on the back counter. If anyone has been to a T-20 game recently you can see how quickly a beer queue can be like this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if I can add my two cents,   as I live abroad, its just about impossible to find any merchandise for both adults / kids over here so we rely heavily on either the official website or fakes.   Unfortunately the range on the website is limited, would love to see the store improve its offerings!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â