International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Coufal, Jakub Brabec and Jan Kuchta sent home after breaking team rules in visiting a nightclub in central Olomouc. What a couple of absolute morons. They better hope their teammates in the Czech team don't lose to Moldova tomorrow.

Just over 11.000 people showed up to watch Janne Anderssons final game in charge as Sweden manager. Think it's new all time low for a competitive home game. Might be wrong. Stadium holds about 50.000. Even thou this is a dead rubber it says a lot about what the national side has become under Andersson. No one cares anymore. We are in a free fall. The 3 lowest attended Sweden games of all time have all come under Andersson.

Big pressure on the Swedish FA to get then next appointment right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Just over 11.000 people showed up to watch Janne Anderssons final game in charge as Sweden manager. Think it's new all time low for a competitive home game. Might be wrong. Stadium holds about 50.000. Even thou this is a dead rubber it says a lot about what the national side has become under Andersson. No one cares anymore. We are in a free fall. The 3 lowest attended Sweden games of all time have all come under Andersson.

It’s amazing he’s been allowed to stick around for so long. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Have heard people say Potter but I dont think the Swedish FA could afford him

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

It’s amazing he’s been allowed to stick around for so long. 

Swedish way I supposed. Had his contract been 2 years longer they would probably have kept him on rather than actually sacking him.

The number of young promising players that have opted to represent other countries than Sweden despite playing for the youth sides all the way up to the U-21's is damning. I don't think he's a racist but he's also someone who's always going to pick a 30 y.o guy with a name ending with sson and who's "good for the group" over a young guy named something difficult who might not fit into his very square views of how a players should act and talk.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Have heard people say Potter but I dont think the Swedish FA could afford him

Yeah I can't see us paying anything even in the ballpark of what he would cost. Not even 1/10th of what he would cost. I do really hope we get someone from abroad thou but I'm 99,99% certain we won't. Because foreign people are "difficult" and demanding and we wan't someone safe.

I've just heard Southgate and that useless bias reporter Fay Curruthers talking like there kids have been kidnapped by Hamas, then realised there dull emotional tone was just because Trippier has gone home and Bowen has taken a knock. I mean is the the final tomorrow, or are we playing a shite North Macadonia. Athough as Gareth said they are a quality side, beat Germany (who are shite), an got a draw against Italy (who are also useless at the moment).

I mean who are these bone heads trying to kid, we have qualified top anyway, he may aswell play the second team and let all the 1st team go home.????

4 hours ago, sne said:

He did a very good job initially. Getting just to the 2018 world cup by beating Italy over two legs was a very good achievement and then made QFs in the tournament.

After that last 16 at Euros was about par and disappointing losing late to Ukraine.

Last few years disappointing and just like many of your stalwarts he's been kept on two years too long as would've made sense to make the change after losing to Poland.

Kuluveski-Isak-Elanga with Gykores as backup is at least a good set of attackers for the next one to work with.

• Like 1

Â