Nintendo Switch

Chindie

In terms of what’s out now then there’s the stuff already mentioned on the last page plus stuff like:

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Links Awakening
  • Metroid Dread
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 1-3
  • Luigis Mansion 3

Plus stuff I’m not personally interested in like Smash Bro’s, Splatoon, Pikmin, Fire Emblem etc…

Then in the future we’ve got the next Metroid Prime, Next Zelda game, Bayonetta 3 is out soon etc…

Edited by Ingram85
  • Thanks 2

On 22/09/2022 at 08:37, Stevo985 said:

BOTW is the best game of all time, so that should definitely be on your list.

Got it as part of the bundle when I bought my Switch, played it for about 4 hours and have never put it in my Switch since. Still worth £30 trade in, so I'll put it towards the new God of War in November

On 24/09/2022 at 18:08, StewieGriffin said:

Got it as part of the bundle when I bought my Switch, played it for about 4 hours and have never put it in my Switch since. Still worth £30 trade in, so I'll put it towards the new God of War in November

That's mental.

I genuinely rate it as the GOAT. It's an unbelievably good game

• Thanks 1

On 24/09/2022 at 18:08, StewieGriffin said:

Your first person i know thats said that!!

I mean its not in my all time best games but i thought it was a excellent game personally 

My switch seems to be having a bloody error message coming up even i play a game with a cartridge.  It seems to be a error with the game holder slot.

Anyone else had this?

I think im gonna have ti bloody get a new one now. As im playing a game then it will randomly freeze and this error message comes up. If i havent got to a save point hve lost the progress and it pisses me off

Might have to get rid and think about getting a oled one

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My switch seems to be having a bloody error message coming up even i play a game with a cartridge.  It seems to be a error with the game holder slot.

Anyone else had this?

I think im gonna have ti bloody get a new one now. As im playing a game then it will randomly freeze and this error message comes up. If i havent got to a save point hve lost the progress and it pisses me off

Does it happen in game and crashing back to main menu or is the cartridge read error massage when you pop the game in? 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else had this?

My son's switch had this. Sent it back to Nintendo for a repair. Came back as good as new.

Edit - All we needed was proof of purchase for Nintendo to complete the fix.

Edited by Jonesy7211

4 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My son's switch had this. Sent it back to Nintendo for a repair. Came back as good as new.

Edit - All we needed was proof of purchase for Nintendo to complete the fix.

Gosh my missus bought me this about 3-4 years ago from cex dont think i got a receipt anymore unfortunately 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Just started Ocarina of Time on the N64 emulator. One of my favourite games of all time, but by god the controls and especially the camera are terrible!

What kind of controller are you using? I think the Z-targeting on the original N64 controller was a revelation. The placement of the Z button is very crucial to this. 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What kind of controller are you using? I think the Z-targeting on the original N64 controller was a revelation. The placement of the Z button is very crucial to this. 

The standard Switch controllers. I've been used to controlling the camera on the right joystick for years, but on this it controls the other weapons like the catapult. You have to use z-targeting to look ahead, and it's driving me mad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

The standard Switch controllers. I've been used to controlling the camera on the right joystick for years, but on this it controls the other weapons like the catapult. You have to use z-targeting to look ahead, and it's driving me mad.

Yeah I can see that being hard to get used to coming from modern controls. I think Zelda games used Z-targeting all the way up to and including Skyward Sword (after the N64, it would have technically been R-targeting), so it's something you get used to pretty quick the more you play Zelda games. Personally I find it a lot better than the manual camera controls from that era. As much as I love Super Mario 64 for example, it would have been even better if it had Z-targeting over its clunky C-button camera controls.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'll get used to it, it is nearly 25 years old I guess. Just wish they'd do Windwaker, gutted it never seems to happen.

If you can snag a Wii U before it becomes "retro", the HD remaster of Wind Waker on it is a sight to behold. Seems like it'd be a no-brainer for the Switch but it looks like it'll never happen for whatever reason :( 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 18:47, Risso said:

This is how i felt when i played mario 64 with the pro controller i found it x10 harder. When i got the N64 controller it was excellent and more enjoyable like old days. Id definitely recommend getting one if you can get your hands on one

• Like 1

NieR Automata on Switch is looking like one of those wizardry ports, the way it runs. It's a godsend for people like me without a PS4/PS5 and have been dying to play that game. God I love this console. It has just about everything.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 06:12, Demitri_C said:

This is how i felt when i played mario 64 with the pro controller i found it x10 harder. When i got the N64 controller it was excellent and more enjoyable like old days. Id definitely recommend getting one if you can get your hands on one

I've really got back into the game now, and forgot how massive it was for  a game on a 64 bit system. Fot the most part it plays really well. I'd forgotten how infuriating the temple were though, the Switch has nearly been tossed across the room a number of times. The controls and camera just aren't quite good enough for some of the situations. There's the bit in the Fire Temple where to get the hammer you have to run around a narrow curved ledge in a time limit. There's a huge drop on one side that sends you back down 3 levels if you fall off. Took me about 30 tries to get it right, and then it was really more luck than judgement. I suspect once I get to the horror that was the water temple I'll probably call it a day.

Â