• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
hogso

Pokémon GO

1,028 posts in this topic

Posted

Been an update from 8pm last night, you can now wear a Magikarp hat and it's predominantly only water Pokémon showing up. 

This makes it easier to get Kingdra, Feraligatr, Blastoise and Gyarados amongst others 

Posted

This is the magikarp hat. It's free

Screenshot_20170322-225049.png

Posted (edited)

On 23/03/2017 at 10:48, Paddywhack said:

I finally managed to catch all possible gen 1 Pokemon the other day after evolving a tyrogue into a hitmonchan :hooray:

Just evolved my magicarp thanks to the water pokemon special and i'm now at the same point! Pretty satisfying.

My only regret is spending a week in Hawaii several months back and not getting a Tauros. I have a little one on the way so probably no other overseas travel for me anytime soon.

I do have an excess of Kangaskhans. Hopefully they introduce trading for the locality based pokemon

Edited by ThunderPower_14
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

So the water festival has finished. I didn't see one Totodile and I didn't get my shiny Magikarp. :(

Apparently shiny Magikarp are still out there though. 

Posted

I didn't get a shiny Magikarp either, but I have almost enough totodile's to evolve him fully again. 

I really am happy they did the guaranteed evolution item on a 7 days streak. I am slowly filling up my pokedex. 

Posted

40 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

So the water festival has finished. I didn't see one Totodile and I didn't get my shiny Magikarp. :(

Ah!

My gf caught a gold coloured Magikarp the other day, is that a "shiny" one?

If so, what does that mean?

Posted

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Dang, I'm stuck on 364 Magikarp candy.  Just needed 1 or 2 more days.

1 person likes this

Posted

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah!

My gf caught a gold coloured Magikarp the other day, is that a "shiny" one?

If so, what does that mean?

Yup, that's the one.

In the original games it's something like 1 in 10,000 Pokemon are shiny but they seemed to have reduced the rate for Pokemon Go and it seems to only be Magikarp so far. It evolves into a red Gyarados.

Other than being slightly rare and a different colour it doesn't really mean much else though, just something else for us mugs to collect I guess.

1 person likes this