Pokémon GO

hogso

Double post, but whatever.

@hogso it appears that Ditto is live in game now.  (It's now in my pokedex as seen, whether I managed to not successfully catch one, or just walked past a gym with one assigned).

Nothing on the Niantic site to confirm this change (yesterday's update ony mentioned the changes to the nearby screen being rolled out to Canada and Australia).

Edit: New post on Niantic's site:

Spoiler

Trainers,

Professor Willow has finally discovered Ditto! Trainers all over the world have been reporting its appearance.

Ditto has been known to disguise itself as other Pokémon, so keep an eye out, some Pokémon may actually be Ditto, and when you capture them, there’s a chance that Ditto will reveal itself. If you do encounter a Pokémon that is Ditto in disguise, the Pokémon in that specific encounter will also reveal itself as Ditto for other Trainers.

Ditto is also a unique Pokémon when you interact with Gyms. When training or battling at a Gym, Ditto will copy the appearance, types, and moves of the first Pokémon it sees, and it will stay that way through the remainder of those Gym battles

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Girlfriend and I have caught a combined 200+ pidgeys and ratattas, still no ditto. I have 7 pokeballs remaining. 

I haven't had any luck either, but I keep catching pidgeys and rattatas where I know they spawn. I wonder if these 'disguised' dittos will spawn in new places?

This morning a pidgey spawned in a spot I'd never seen any pokemon spawn at before and I walk past it twice a day. Unfortunately I'd ran out of pokeballs, but it made me think. :detect:

I got a Ditto today. It was a Rattata in a normal place, it just did the 'oh' that eggs do when they hatch after I'd caught it. Maybe caught 20-30 Pidgey/ Rattata since yesterday in hope one would change. My luck was in!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I've not gotten into the whole Gym scene, so any candies have gone straight to evolutions rather than powering up any of my mon -net result being they're all weak as hell!

Up to 140 caught /144 seen now.  Just got to furiously stomp another 200-odd Km for enough to evole my charma-charma-charma-charmeleon and the million miles for Kabuto. ¬.¬

On 11/25/2016 at 14:10, bobzy said:

Why would you not get into the gym scene?!  Basically have some Pokemon in there, collect coins, get egg incubators, rinse and repeat.  

because its too difficult to keep a gym for 21 hours.... or even a couple of hours when living in an area with lots of people.

The longest i've ever kept a gym is about an hour!

Edited by ender4

On 26/11/2016 at 22:36, ender4 said:

because its too difficult to keep a gym for 21 hours.... or even a couple of hours when living in an area with lots of people.

The longest i've ever kept a gym is about an hour!

I basically take over/add into 2 or 3 local gyms and cash out my coins immediately.  Over 5 days this gives you enough for another egg incubator and about 10k stardust.  Easy stuff - and that's just a real quick boost.

Massive effort to "hold" gyms, the bonuses are obtainable just from being in there for a short amount of time.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I basically take over/add into 2 or 3 local gyms and cash out my coins immediately.  Over 5 days this gives you enough for another egg incubator and about 10k stardust.  Easy stuff - and that's just a real quick boost.

Massive effort to "hold" gyms, the bonuses are obtainable just from being in there for a short amount of time.

can you explain this further?   i thought i have to be in the gym for 21 hours to get anything?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

can you explain this further?   i thought i have to be in the gym for 21 hours to get anything?

I thought that as well at first, but it's actually right when you have a pokemon in a gym, you can immediately go to the store, and hit the collect button in the top right. This will give you 10 coins per pokemon you currently have in a gym. You also get stardust. The counter takes 21 hours to reset, so if your pokemon is still in the gym the next day, hit that collect button and you will get the coins again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I thought that as well at first, but it's actually right when you have a pokemon in a gym, you can immediately go to the store, and hit the collect button in the top right. This will give you 10 coins per pokemon you currently have in a gym. You also get stardust. The counter takes 21 hours to reset, so if your pokemon is still in the gym the next day, hit that collect button and you will get the coins again. 

OMG.   I can't believe i didn't know this all this time!

I assume this is for gyms you take over, not ones in your own colour where you add yourself to the existing team members?

Edited by ender4

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

OMG.   I can't believe i didn't know this all this time!

I assume this is for gyms you take over, not ones in your own colour where you add yourself to the existing team members?

Yes every gym, but once you hit that collect button, you cannot collect again for the 21 hours. So if you see a couple gyms you want to take over or add your pokemon to, wait until you added both your pokemon in before you collect, otherwise you only get the bonus for 1 pokemon. 

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Yes every gym, but once you hit that collect button, you cannot collect again for the 21 hours. So if you see a couple gyms you want to take over or add your pokemon to, wait until you added both your pokemon in before you collect, otherwise you only get the bonus for 1 pokemon. 

do i need to be in the vicinity of the gyms to collect?

or can i add into a gym in one place, go add to a gym in another place, and then a third in another place.... and then press collect and get 10x3 coins for all three (if if i haven't been kicked out by then).

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

or can i add into a gym in one place, go add to a gym in another place, and then a third in another place.... and then press collect and get 10x3 coins for all three (if if i haven't been kicked out by then).

I was in Birmingham when collecting coins from gyms in Czech and Scotland so nope!

On 30/11/2016 at 16:25, ender4 said:

It's exactly this mate. As long as you've got <x> Pokémon stationed in any gym, you'll get <x> x10 coins and <x> x500 stardust. Don't need to be near the gyms at all - just have something in there. Then hit 'Shop' and 'Collect Now' at the top right.

The 21 hour thing is just the time that needs to elapse before you can collect any more coins. 

Tracker is shit. My neighborhood used to spawn loads of pokemon and I was able to see them around me. Now I am totally in the dark. I have no idea if a Blastoise is next door, or if it's just a pidgey. I have 1 pokestop near me, but it's by a major road so nothing spawns on it. This has effectively killed the game for me. I used to be able to open the app periodically throughout my day, see if there was anything on the nearby, then go hunt it down. Now I turn on the app, and there is nothing on the nearby, but of course if I do start walking, a bunch of stuff suddenly appears without showing up on the nearby! Problem is I can't just get up and walk around my neighborhood 10-15 times a day hoping that the time I chose to walk just happened to spawn a pokemon I need. It's just silly. How could they think this was decent? 

Plus I am now having to restart the app 5-6 times before it even works. 

Edited by Czechlad

Â