Players Villa Have Been Linked With This Pre-Season

JohnCresswell

The Saviola link makes SO MUCH SENSE, that it couldn't possibly be true.

Thats actually true - he is mates with JPA, they linked well at River Plate, he is a top striker who is available on a free...

Never gonna happen, is it?!

The Saviola link makes SO MUCH SENSE, that it couldn't possibly be true.

Thats actually true - he is mates with JPA, they linked well at River Plate, he is a top striker who is available on a free...

Never gonna happen, is it?!

Not available on a free. Barsa are looking to loan him somewhere, he doesn't figure in Rikaard's immediate plans.

I think loan with an option to buy would be great business for Villa with the magical rabbit, the lad plays his nuts off every game and oh yeah, was PROLIFIC alongside JPA.

Jagielka (again). The Blades just turned down 2.7m from WHam. Us and Charlton are supposedly in there. (Guardian rumours today).

Never seen him play, but we still need a full back IMHO.

This is absolutely superb - available on the dodgy football-rumours website. I'd love to meet whoever put this on there!

"After a slow start to the summer transfer window, bringing in only squad players, O'Leary is keen to add quality to the Villa squad quickly before the squad go on their tour of Sweden.

O'Leary sees the need for a proven striker with pace to partner Angel and an attacking midfielder who can add flair to the team as well s a defender who can take Samuel's position after a poor season. For strikers Villa are looking at both Saviola and Owen, with Saviola being the preferred choice both because he is available on a free and is already good friends with Angel after playing at River Plate with him.

Once one of thse joins Guti will have seen the ambition of the lub and sign, with the financial detils being agreed already with both the player and with Real Madrid. For the defence Distin will join for 7 million to play left back and villa are also chasing Kevin Hofland from Hamburg, allowing Mellberg to play right back, if Saviola agrees to join rather than Owen, as Saviola is free and the money set aside for Owen will be spent on Hofland.

This gives villa a starting line up of: Sorensen, Distin, Hofland, Laursen, Mellberg, Barry/Berger, McCann, Guti, Solano, Saviola, Angel - a team Doug Ellis believ is good enough to finish at least fourth. However, expect O'Leary to be fired if instant success isn't achieved next season, with Doug Ellis already looking out for potential successors for the January transfer window, evn including Sir Alex Ferguson after the takeover of Manchester United and also targets such as Martin O'Neill and David Moyes"

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary has reportedly spread his scouting net to Italy as he considers an approach for Diego Milito.

The Genoa striker has been subject of much speculation of late, with clubs in both Serie A and abroad monitoring his progress.

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi has repeatedly stated that he would be loath to lose the talented Argentine hit-man but speculation has suggested Milito could be heading for the exit door.

Reports have cited Villa as the player's primary suitors - with some sources claiming the Premiership club have already begun talks with their Italian counterparts.

A figure in the region of €6 million (£4 million) has been mooted and this would not be beyond Villa, should David O'Leary be keen on landing the Argentina international.

Although Genoa are keen to keep the player, if they are demoted from Serie A for alleged match-rigging, then it seems unlikely Milito will concur with their wishes.

That's the sky report:

anyone know about him?? Ryu, any danger on some info??

Sorry Patrick, just the mention of FM with a link makes me go bananas ;)

I know nothing about any potential signings. And haven't heard anything for weeks now.

Though we seem to have had a policy of South American players, so I wouldn't be suprised if they were looking at one to further our presence in South America?

Yeah but then how many times do we hear DOL telling us that we suffer after South American internationals because they are tired. I wouldn't be dissapointed if we were looking at South Americans though because it is a beatiful football continent. I always buy South Americans on my Football Manager :winkold:

Portsmouth have joined Aston Villa, Spurs and Bolton in the race to sign £1m-rated Iranian full-back Hossein Kaabi

Aston Villa could move for Liverpool striker Milan Baros if they lose Darius Vassell to Manchester City, but City are unlikely to sell Villa their skipper Sylvain Distin

(Daily Star)