Players Villa Have Been Linked With This Pre-Season

JohnCresswell

I can't see us matching Parkers £55k per week wage demands. Would be an EXCELLENT signing, but I think the best we could do is to loan him. I think the most we paid in wages was Ginola / Carbone (£30k per week??)

hadji was on 50k per week? i rated hadji - he was a bit lighweight but skillful (Ben waits for the stat attack of other message board members diputing the claim...)

Birmingham have offered £4m to take Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson back to St Andrew's, says the Daily Mail. They claim that the Blues are the first to make a move for the England forward, who palace insist is not for sale. Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and Aston Villa are all said to be interested in Johnson.

Think that at least the paper/website should be quoted for each. For example, I know Bowditch was linked last summer, but have not seen anything about him linked to us since he moved to Burnley on loan.

Bowditch was linked in an article on Friday that was discussing which players from either West Ham or Ipswich would be leaving should either team fail to beat the other. It was either The Express, The Mail or The Star as they were the papers I read that day.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't see us matching Parkers £55k per week wage demands. Would be an EXCELLENT signing, but I think the best we could do is to loan him. I think the most we paid in wages was Ginola / Carbone (£30k per week??)

Doesn't Angel's latest deal put him on £50k ?

And Kachloul was on a ridiculous amount - around £40k. Ginola was definitely on at least that too.

It's all in how convincingly DOL can make his case to HDE. I'd say there's room for 1 big wage packet this summer. It'll either be Bellamy or someone currently unnamed. I would love it to be Parker but I don't think we'll get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Another interesting rumours over on sky sports 'your view' section nothing more than me saying it but you never know.

Chris Wallace

From an extremely reliable source I know that Aston Villa will announce the signings of Distin (£5 million), Malbranque (£4 million) and Louis Saha (£5 million) this week.

Just imagine just think WOW, ok i am dreaming go back to being sad :(

Main point is out 5mill bid for distin was rejected so nothing in this.

And now Corradi, I recognise the name but know very little about him. This from skysports

Bernardo Corradi's future destination remains unclear according to his agent, although his departure from Valencia is set in stone.

The forward has endured a troubled time at the Mestalla since his move as part of the ill-fated Italian influx under previous Che boss Claudio Ranieri, and recently indicated that he would not return to the Spanish outfit.

Corradi's agent Moreno Roggi has now exclusively told skysports.com that his client will definitely be ending his spell with Quique Sanchez Flores's side, although no concrete offers have yet been received for his services.

"The situation is really fluid, there are no definite offers at the moment so we will wait a few weeks," Roggi told skysports.com.

"The only sure thing is that Corradi will leave Valencia.

"It is always open to the Italian track and the English one too. I repeat, we must wait a few weeks.

"For the moment there are not concrete offers."

The former Lazio man has been linked with a return to the Rome side in recent days, although would have to be willing to accept a pay cut with Biancocelesti supremo Claudio Lotito unwilling to shell out for high salaries.

Premiership interest has also been strong in the past, with Tottenham, Aston Villa and Charlton all tracking Corradi's progress.