Players Villa Have Been Linked With This Pre-Season

JohnCresswell

the missus used those words at the weekend but not in that order...............

oh back on Topic

did anyone mention that we are supposed to be monitorinf the pie eaters Bullard too?

The Bakke link starts again

MIDLANDS rivals Birmingham City and Aston Villa are scrapping it out for the signature of Leeds United midfielder Eirik Bakke.

The two Premiership clubs have expressed an interest in Bakke and are preparing their respective bids for the player.

The 27-year-old has suffered two years of injury torment at Leeds and a return to the Premiership would offer Bakke the chance of a clean break.

United boss Kevin Blackwell has strengthened his midfield in Bakke's absence with Sean Gregan, Jermaine Wright and Shaun Derry joining the club to fill that central role.

Bakke, one of just three remaining senior players from the David O'Leary era, has not expressed an interest in leaving Elland Road and any deal would have to be right for player and club.

Villa boss O'Leary is a long-time admirer of Bakke, while Blues boss Steve Bruce has stepped up his interest.

Bruce also has an ace up his sleeve, with United understood to be keen on recruiting Birmingham marksman Robbie Blake.

The former Bradford striker is in danger of falling out of favour at Birmingham less than seven months after joining the club in a £1.25m deal from Championship outfit Burnley.

Blake can operate up front and on the flanks and would provide United boss Kevin Blackwell with another option.

The transfer window shuts on August 31 and Blackwell knows he must finalise his squad by then.

Guest RantinRob

small heath are transfer market slaaaaaaaaaaaags - they try to sign every ****.

Dirty Bordesley filth

Well regardless of whether I want him or not, if DOL wants him, he's only 27 AND the noses want him, we better f**king get him !! Although the noses have Blake who is wanted by Leeds. Why don't we just outbid them for Bakke then they can use that money to BUY Blake. Why not just use money instead of some convoluted swap deal.

My cousin just rang me to say he heard we are trying to get Saviola (which, IMO, would be great)

My cousin was also drunk though, I am afraid.

Still, if the Baggies can be linked with him...!!

Bloody hell this thread is turning into the rumour section on the OS site.

Who love linking us with Keane yet absolutly no where has that been said!!!

My mates nans brother said he saw O'leary talking to Beckham and they both told him that he is on his way to Villa :lol:

Indeed, I apologise for listening to my cousins drunken slurs.

Anyway, something that has come from somone that is (probably) sober...

Alonso to help fund Crouch deal? Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:32

Aston Villa have enquired about Xabi Alonso but the midlands club are struggling to find the cash to fund a bid.

Following Steven Gerrard's new deal, any cash would come in handy for Rafael Benitez who still hopes to sign Peter Crouch from Southampton.

Spanish international Alonso would be rated around the £8m mark which looks to price out Villa. The Reds paid Real Sociedad £10.5m for the midfielder in 2004.

After struggling to establish himself in the Premiership during his two years with Aston Villa, Crouch was a revelation for Southampton last term, finding the target 16 times despite Saints' relegation.

Those goals now look likely to earn the 24-year-old a move to the European champions, providing they are prepared to match Southampton's valuation of £7million, just 12 months after Villa sold him for £2million.

"I want to sign Peter Crouch," confirmed Benítez. "I like this player and he would be a good addition to our squad.

"At this moment Rick Parry (Liverpool's chief executive) is talking to Southampton and hopefully something can be agreed."

Not according to Bakke! But I dont care either way, to be fair.

Anyway,

'Aston Villa are eyeing a swoop for Spanish starlet Ruben Corcobado Soto.

The 18-year-old has flown to England and will train with David O'Leary's side for the next week.

Ruben played much of last season with Numancia B and he was the star performer for the Sorian outfit.

He was also involved on numerous occasions with Numancia's first team.

Aston Villa's scouts spotted Ruben and have now approached the Segunda outfit about a deal and they have agreed to let their youngster train in the Second City.

Ruben himself is delighted with the chance and is hopeful of sealing a move.

"For me this is a fantastic chance, but the decision will be made by the English coaches," he said.'

Ruben Corcobado Soto from Numancia's B team a young promising striker who has played a few games with the first team. Numancia were relegated from the Spanish Primera Division last season.

The news on the street is that he is flying to train with Aston Villa this week where Roy Aitken and D'OL will assess his merits.

Ruben is said to be excited at his opportunity ..so at least he fits one of D'OL's criteria for bringing in new players.. he wants to be here!