Players Villa Have Been Linked With This Pre-Season

JohnCresswell

Sorry Patrick, just the mention of FM with a link makes me go bananas ;)

I know nothing about any potential signings. And haven't heard anything for weeks now.

Though we seem to have had a policy of South American players, so I wouldn't be suprised if they were looking at one to further our presence in South America?

Whilst we are touting players good on FM (but shit in real life)

D'Allesandro anyone :lol::lol: :winkold:

MILITO: According to those I've spoken to with knowledge of the Italian football scene he is real class. They expect him to really get his name known next year, and think that he is too good for "someone like Aston Villa" :) But after all, he turned down Real Madrid last winter according to reports. And one of the articles I read involved direct quotes from the man himself saying that there was interest from Juventus, Inter & Real Madrid.

Described as incredible teqnique, good physique, speed & strenght. His weakness is heading. Not good in the air at all.

• 2 weeks later...

News of the world!

Aston Villa are set to bid £1.5m for Brondby centre-half Daniel Agger

wasn't the story saying they want £2.5m!! What a surprise for us to bid less and with Arse / ManU looking on .....

Adebayor figured in 34 of Monaco's 38 league games last season

Monaco are set to sell striker Emmanuel Adebayor - a decision that will alert a host of Premiership clubs.

The Togo international, 21, has been linked with West Ham, Aston Villa and Arsenal over the course of the summer.

"He was wanting to increase his salary and to continue with Monaco," said club spokesman Pierre-Joseph Gadeau.

"Both of them, most of the time, can go together but if we can find a handy solution Emmanuel is probably going to be sold."

Adebayor has scored 17 goals in two season since moving to the Principality from Metz in a £2m deal.

However, he has grown disenchanted at Monaco's failure to give him the contract he thinks he deserves.

The tall striker has accused the club of treating him like an academy player, despite being a regular in Didier Deschamps' first team.

"Didier really wants to keep Adebayor but he is the type of coach who before he puts pressure on someone to stay wants to see that player show a real will to be a Monaco player," added Gadeau.

"If he is not willing to do so, Didier is not going to force him. He wants the player to be himself and be devoted to the club.

"For the moment, he belongs to AS Monaco.

"There have been some stories but he was training yesterday and today and will be training with us until we get something official."

Earlier in the summer Adebayor claimed that Monaco had received bids for his services from Arsenal and Toulouse.

However, West Ham and Aston Villa could now lead the chase as they look to add to their attacking firepower ahead of the new season.

From BBC

Hes good on FM :winkold:

skybet today

2005-08-13 20:00:00

Aston Villa 2/5

Lyon 8/1

Monaco 8/1

Deportivo 10/1

West Ham 16/1

Bayern Munich 25/1

Valencia 25/1

Everton 33/1