Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we played the last 15 minutes or so leading 2-1 with a 1 man midfield. Manager has to be held accountable for making the wrong subs especially when they strolled through midfield for the equaliser

not the 1st time in opening weeks we have dropped points from good positions in last 5 minutes so he needs to get his act together on that

We've tried to shut up shop before and it hasn't worked. We were looking to bury the game. Though in hindsight you are absolutely right. 

If Jedinak wasn't capable of playing 15 minutes he shouldn't have been on the bench. 

I'm not saying RDM is perfect and I think "outstanding" was a little hyperbole

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't see "It could be 6 in 12" cutting it with Dr Tony to be honest.

I'm worried this might become an issue with Tony. His comment yesterday was ridiculous, far too emotional and irrational. 

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

RDM's biggest mistake was not buying another midfielder, we are ridiculously light in that area and don't have any real quality in there either

Tish looks a baller but fitness is obviously a question. I know you don't rate Jedinak so we're not going to agree, but I don't think it's half as bad as people think. At least at this level. He has to get them fit. 

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We've tried to shut up shop before and it hasn't worked. We were looking to bury the game. Though in hindsight you are absolutely right. 

If Jedinak wasn't capable of playing 15 minutes he shouldn't have been on the bench. 

I'm not saying RDM is perfect and I think "outstanding" was a little hyperbole

It didnt have to be Jedinak though, Bacuna can play there and was on the bench

hopefully he learns from these mistakes in future

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

RDM's biggest mistake was not buying another midfielder, we are ridiculously light in that area and don't have any real quality in there either

Sunday People linking is with Reo Coker. No.. seriously lol. Surprised he's only 32. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Bacuna is **** barmy though isn't he? I rate him enough out wide but you wouldn't trust him to babysit your kids. He can play there, but I've never seen him play well there. 

Generally though I'm agreeing with you. 

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we played the last 15 minutes or so leading 2-1 with a 1 man midfield. Manager has to be held accountable for making the wrong subs especially when they strolled through midfield for the equaliser

not the 1st time in opening weeks we have dropped points from good positions in last 5 minutes so he needs to get his act together on that

I might be remembering the goal differently (and will happily watch back), but didn't it come from a free kick down our left-hand side, taken (relatively) quickly and then Pereira ran down the left (not on the wing, but left part of the pitch) beating about 5 players on his way?

Gestede came on in the 65th minute.  Between then and the 86th minute, Forest had broken us down precisely 0 times and had 0 shots at the goal.  There was absolutely nothing to suggest they were going to score and, unless I'm completely wrong about their equaliser, nothing to suggest that bringing on a second central midfielder would've stopped that goal.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It should have been Jedinak. He was on the bench and available. Difficult to understand that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Bacuna is **** barmy though isn't he? I rate him enough out wide but you wouldn't trust him to babysit your kids. He can play there, but I've never seen him play well there. 

Generally though I'm agreeing with you. 

That is a bit of exaggeration in my opinion. bacuna is far better than gardner. gardener is pisspoor 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

That is a bit of exaggeration in my opinion. bacuna is far better than gardner. gardener is pisspoor 

Bacuna is a better right back than Gardner is central midfielder if that's what you mean. I think they've both been wank in the middle for us. 

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

Sunday People linking is with Reo Coker. No.. seriously lol. Surprised he's only 32. 

Is he a free agent? If so, and we can take him at any time on a deal to the end of the season I wouldn't be averse to it to be honest. He is a much improved player and will add to the options which we sorely lack.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Bacuna is a better right back than Gardner is central midfielder if that's what you mean. I think they've both been wank in the middle for us. 

I meant in terms of CM. I would rather see bacuna there than gardner i dont rate the bloke at all. he has had 6 games and demonstrated absolutely nothing. I seen more in tish in the few games he has played.

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Tish looks a baller but fitness is obviously a question. I know you don't rate Jedinak so we're not going to agree, but I don't think it's half as bad as people think. At least at this level. He has to get them fit. 

This is the problem though DDID, we have 4 midfielders (5 with Bacuna) a few injuries which Tshibola seems keen on getting and a couple of suspensions and we are in deep shit. If we have to persist with Westwood and Gardner on a regular basis then we will struggle in the middle (which has been happening)

Another 1/2 in there wouldn't hurt

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he a free agent? If so, and we can take him at any time on a deal to the end of the season I wouldn't be averse to it to be honest. He is a much improved player and will add to the options which we sorely lack.:ph34r:

Not sure about NRC. But on free agents as a whole, can they play straight away? I presumed (maybe incorrectly) that you could only register players during transfer windows, irrelevant of their contractual situation. 

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

This is the problem though DDID, we have 4 midfielders (5 with Bacuna) a few injuries which Tshibola seems keen on getting and a couple of suspensions and we are in deep shit. If we have to persist with Westwood and Gardner on a regular basis then we will struggle in the middle (which has been happening)

Another 1/2 in there wouldn't hurt

I can't really disagree with that. Only to say that I'm hopeful things will improve when our first choice central midfield partnership is available and I'm not writing them off as crocked just yet. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not sure about NRC. But on free agents as a whole, can they play straight away? I presumed (maybe incorrectly) that you could only register players during transfer windows, irrelevant of their contractual situation. 

They can. Presumably there is a cut off date, but you don't have to name a squad like in the PL. 

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

NRC would be fine by me for a season, at least he puts his foot in. He was actually very good at that when he was here, his finishing on the other hand is horrendous!

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They can. Presumably there is a cut off date, but you don't have to name a squad like in the PL. 

Fantastic. It would be nice if we could maybe pick up an experienced Midfielder and maybe a keeper. I had presumed we were done now till January. 

Â