Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

7 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Therefore there is still hope the north stand could get the go-ahead in the next twelve months. Why are the club bothering to undertake this traffic survey/plan if not for an expected increase in capacity and attendance?  Or is it simply to improve the existing situation?

The thing is - nothing has been officially stated about the cancellation of the NS project.  I still have some hope they will complete the warehouse then start work on the north stand in 2025, they said in September Villa Live is still planned too. Maybe it will all happen in time? 

I suppose we will find out more in the coming months.

I hope you are right.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

The thing is - nothing has been officially stated about the cancellation of the NS project.  

This is what astonishes me. Literally nothing more than a throw away comment in an interview. 

All the grand announcements and big launch videos (which are STILL up on the o/s) and the cancellation is almost brushed under the carpet. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is what astonishes me. Literally nothing more than a throw away comment in an interview. 

All the grand announcements and big launch videos (which are STILL up on the o/s) and the cancellation is almost brushed under the carpet. 

I have have family/friends who work at various football clubs, and it amazes me how poorly some of their operations are being run. You'd think all you need is to hire a couple of senior marketing consultants that can come up with a fan friendly communications strategies and the fans would be much happier. 

But maybe that is not the aim of the business side of the football club. 

11 hours ago, Mic09 said:

They have to be brewing some plans up. I refuse to believe VP stays the way it is for the next 5-10 years. 

VP will change but it will be to the detriment of the average season ticket holder. The changes will be based around attracting tourists and hospitality. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

So what is the current plans for VP? Adding a few thousands seats to the seating bowl, doubling the club shop in size, converting the academy building into the warehouse, establishing a better traffic system and waiting for news on the redevelopment of Witton Station. This seems to be the short term plan.

The club have played a blinder getting VP as a Euro 2028 venue without the major construction that was planned (if the North Stand isn't redeveloped), which is very frustrating to me as I liked the ideas and the symbol of progress it represented. I don't think the pause is solely on Heck, I think it would have been delayed by Purslow or whomever replaced him too.

Is it possible they will redevelop the North Stand before EURO 2028?

I'm surprised the FA haven't kicked up a fuss about us not delivering the stadium we offered in the bid with 8000 fewer fans and out-of-date facilities.  They left out Old Trafford, the second biggest ground in England because it isn't up to scratch.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got stripped of it and it got given to Leicester or someone else.  I'm not really sure Heck would be that bothered about it, I mean how much do clubs actually make from being hosts?

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm surprised the FA haven't kicked up a fuss about us not delivering the stadium we offered in the bid with 8000 fewer fans and out-of-date facilities.  They left out Old Trafford, the second biggest ground in England because it isn't up to scratch.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got stripped of it and it got given to Leicester or someone else.  I'm not really sure Heck would be that bothered about it, I mean how much do clubs actually make from being hosts?

It is huge exposure though.  That video of the proposed redevelopment was so impressive, you just envisaged the stadium hosting Euro 28 games.

I know lads here in Ireland who grew to like Villa with Villa Park hosting big games at Euro 96. Big international tournaments bring in an exposure to new people that the club game doesn't. 

I am sure various stakeholders in Birmingham will be pissed off if Villa manage to lose the tournament. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I hope you are right.

Me too. I would be shocked if they don't rebuild the North Stand before EURO 2028. The Warehouse is only meant to be temp too, so they can bring forward plans for North Stand (which got amended to include aspects of Villa Live).  "However, a planning statement by WSP said the Villans had reconsidered the phasing of the scheme and had decided to focus on building the North Stand and would complete the original plan for Villa Live at a later date."

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Ye I was wondering that as well. If they have been scrapped then surely we bid for the hosting in the Euro's based on upgrades to the stadium?

Villa park meets uefa’s criteria as is so why would we lose hosting games ? Old Trafford was t selected as they couldn’t promise availability dependent of works to upgrade the stadium and wasn’t due to the date of the facilities. 

Edited by thabucks

2 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Ye I was wondering that as well. If they have been scrapped then surely we bid for the hosting in the Euro's based on upgrades to the stadium?

Well we are in a better position than Northern Ireland and the Casement Park proposal which looks like cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 1

Do we expect they will be going ahead with the trinity road halfway lounge and that it will get a sponsor? From the accounts I expect a lot more branding in and around the stadium.  

IMG_9608.jpeg

I'm not sure if it was dependent on the additional space from moving the Trinity wall back and extending - I don't think that's now happening.

I think there will be some work on the hospitality areas this summer and I'd expect the club to revisit the North Stand now that it's staying and find ways to get more hospitality into there.

There's not been any further talk on the tunnel club or on the seats around the dugout becoming linked to a lounge, but those have both been mentioned in the past.

In so far as I'm aware, the clubs aim eighteen months ago was to double the hospitality numbers and I think that's still the plan.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure if it was dependent on the additional space from moving the Trinity wall back and extending - I don't think that's now happening.

I think there will be some work on the hospitality areas this summer and I'd expect the club to revisit the North Stand now that it's staying and find ways to get more hospitality into there.

There's not been any further talk on the tunnel club or on the seats around the dugout becoming linked to a lounge, but those have both been mentioned in the past.

In so far as I'm aware, the clubs aim eighteen months ago was to double the hospitality numbers and I think that's still the plan.

If they want MORE hospitality in The North Stand they had better sort out the route from the restaurants to the stand seats because right now you have to fight your way through the concourse. Almost impossible to get back to the restaurant and spend money before trying to get back to the stand. 

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Do we expect they will be going ahead with the trinity road halfway lounge and that it will get a sponsor? From the accounts I expect a lot more branding in and around the stadium.  

IMG_9608.jpeg

There is a lot of strange headgear going on in that crowd. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

IMG_9608.jpeg

And here is what we could have won......

Sigh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of the north stand they could copy Forest and build on top of the Corner flag lounge with shipping containers as a quick and relatively cheap way of adding more hospitality. 

IMG_9609.jpeg

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

There is a lot of strange headgear going on in that crowd. 

Finally we are getting to the bottom of why the project isn't going ahead. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, thabucks said:

In terms of the north stand they could copy Forest and build on top of the Corner flag lounge with shipping containers as a quick and relatively cheap way of adding more hospitality. 

IMG_9609.jpeg

I've seen that done at Leicester Tigers, not sure if Forest have actually got past the planning stage yet - Forest's hospitality is tiny.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've seen that done at Leicester Tigers, not sure if Forest have actually got past the planning stage yet - Forest's hospitality is tiny.

They’ve gained planning permission for them … think it’s going to add just around 400 new hospitality places for them so could be a quick way to increase our hospitality numbers without losing regular seats. Wouldn’t look the best admittedly but being a temporary structure it could feed info  the restaurant below … 

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We can’t be left behind. I don’t think our owners will allow it. 

And yet, there are no existing plans to move, nor is there any hint from the club that our owners are thinking about it, in fact, they've publicly stated that they're not on a number of occasions.

We're currently undergoing a process, with architects, to improve what we have and we're very unlikely to be considering anything else over the next few years.

• Like 2

Â