Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

It's fairly normal practice for clubs to pay big transfer fees by instalments. We'll get the money, if you could get off paying for something by selling it shortly after we'd all be doing it! 

Edited by It's Your Round
Typos of off offff
  • Like 3

Should be interesting to read the minutes from the meeting he and Wyness had with the fan groups before the Huddersfield game. Apparently talked about his wealth and plans for Villa Park and the Aston area. Also meant to be opening up a dedicated twitter page, for general queries, save people tweeting Xia himself.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Should be interesting to read the minutes from the meeting he and Wyness had with the fan groups before the Huddersfield game. Apparently talked about his wealth and plans for Villa Park and the Aston area. Also meant to be opening up a dedicated twitter page, for general queries, save people tweeting Xia himself.

Been looking for them - when and where are they being released?

5 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Where does the Ford Mondeo reference come from in his song? Was he actually seen driving one? And the Rome reference??

The Man City fans sang the song tune when Pellegrini was appointed. It was Lamborghini/Pellegrini.

We have a different manager name and budget, so we've had to 'modernise' the song (ahem).

9 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Where does the Ford Mondeo reference come from in his song? Was he actually seen driving one? And the Rome reference??

There's no reference, it's in there to rhyme with Matteo, nothing more.  I know it's a popular song, and i'll sound like a miserable git when i say this, but I don't like it - it's like something infant school children would come up with.

Edit: The fact that City fans came up with it only adds weight to my argument.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

Rangers blaming a failed medical instead of admitting they had moved the goal posts on Lescott's contract offer.

I think to be honest it may be a case of mis-translation. Lescott wants to stay in Manchester with his family according to Warburton - which are personal reasons. Xia said it was personal too. Storm in a teacup whatever

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

I think to be honest it may be a case of mis-translation. Lescott wants to stay in Manchester with his family according to Warburton - which are personal reasons. Xia said it was personal too. Storm in a teacup whatever

I think Tony is disappointed Rangers gave an untruth to the media instead of stating that the club and player couldn't agree terms 'for personal reasons'.

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

I had hoped tweets of this nature had ended

Each to their own. I'm enjoying the honesty of Tony's interjections. They're not too cryptic either!

Edited by brommy
Wrong tweet quoted!
  • Like 3

Vast difference between 'transfer not happening due to failed medical' and 'transfer failed as the player didn't want to move due to personal reasons'. A possible transfer between Rangers and Villa, both in the UK. Mis-translation? How, exactly?

Â