Home Support Responsible For Decline

supernova26

Just now, Designer1 said:

DickEmery01.gif

Amateur...

Yeah I wanted it with the text embedded already, it didn't occur to me to add it myself. Missed opportunity there.

Oh well. What were we talking about? Good show about Bob Monkhouse on BBC four at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah I wanted it with the text embedded already

The one I posted above already did ;)

Anyway, i'd usually apologise for derailing the thread but as the OP was talking such a complete load of old bollocks I won't :D

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

The one I posted above already did ;)

Anyway, i'd usually apologise for derailing the thread but as the OP was such a complete load of old bollocks I won't :D

Oh I see what you did there. In which case all I can say is....

giphy.gif

(Cheers by the way, I'll definitely get some use out of this)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supernova26 said:

The best thing you, I and every fan can do is support and sing as much as you can, even when it's bad.

This is incredibly ironic coming from someone who has decided they're not going to support us next season when we're in the Championship.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

A bit of an hardsh reaction I feel. Original post is just calling for fans to get behind the team, now more than ever as that might carry us over the line. If we want rid of the current regime then being in the prem next year is probably our best bet of doing so.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

A bit of an hardsh reaction I feel. Original post is just calling for fans to get behind the team, now more than ever as that might carry us over the line. If we want rid of the current regime then being in the prem next year is probably our best bet of doing so.

Top post...wait, hang on.

When are people just going to realise that we are going to be in the championship next season.

I will always follow the team,and have done since the ron saunders days.

Calling for the "fans to get behind the team" is all fair and well..but if the owner/chairman/board arent seen to be doing it,its a bit rich.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Top post...wait, hang on.

Thank you very much, Craig, no doubt a few might disagree. He makes a fair point though, albeit the wording of the title of the thread is a bit strong. No need for an angry mob in my opinion, essentially its just an idea to try and help the course. 

• Like 1

I agree there are some games when from minute 1 you can sense it's a shit crowd and it's a shit game, been many instances of that over the last 5 years

However where your argument falls down is that there have also been a fair few games where the atmosphere has been brilliant and the performance has still been shit, there have been a lot, and I mean probably 90% of them where our away support has been absolutely superb and out sang half the league, and our performance has been shit

Even if games start quiet you'll usually get a roar if we are still in the game in the 2nd half and attacking the holte

But even with all of that thrown in, are you really suggesting that it's our fault? The apathy from the players is coming from us rather than from Lerner? I'm sorry but that's nonsense, the boss man doesn't care so neither do his employees, it's that simple, they don't care about atmosphere and fans

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Thank you very much, Craig, no doubt a few might disagree. He makes a fair point though, albeit the wording of the title of the thread is a bit strong. No need for an angry mob in my opinion, essentially its just an idea to try and help the course. 

I will say it's fun to watch the banter sparked by the OP. I wouldn't know if it had an element of truth to it. But but but but but ...

If ONLY it were true, if ONLY -- holy moly -- the fans could essentially sing AV out of this dark place we find ourselves in. If ONLY we had that kind of power! Imagine what a happy world we would inhabit!

we_live_in_a_happy_world___by_omg_raichu

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No. That's not what the original post is doing, and if it was I'm sure the reaction would be different.

The opening post is directly attributing the decline of Aston Villa to the fans. He couldn't have made that any clearer.

It is what's technically known as a steaming pile of horse shit.

But he knows that. This is exactly what he wants.

Maybe he just wants to be loved?

Come on, SuperNova, pile in ...

tumblr_nai6izm8hq1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I think many might have an issue with the idea of what such support portrays. A team that is playing shit but is still trying 100% deserves support, the club itself does also if it's trying to change things for the better. In my opinion, neither of those things are happening. The board is doing as little as possible and in some cases, simply don't care, the same can be said for most players. Now by showing total support for that, you are effectively letting it be known that you are ok for this to continue. The worst team many of us have ever seen, no investment, no support or public backing for the manager, a hierarchy of people not qualified for their jobs and finally, an owner with no interest or desire towards the club or its supporters. If now is not the time  to campaign for change then when is? Personally, I'm totally and irrevocably backing 'Out The Door On 74'. I hope that all my fellow fans do too.

• Like 1