Home Support Responsible For Decline

supernova26

There I've said. For the last 5 years they just sit there, no singing, no supporting. Just being miserable all the time. A depressing experience for everyone.

No wonder we've got the worst home record over that period in the whole football league.

Support the team, like your supposed to or don't go.

The negativity is palpable not even a chorus of VILLA VILLA before Liverpool.

Totally toxic. 

The best thing you, I and every fan can do is support and sing as much as you can, even when it's bad.

Support the players and things will change.

JUST BECAUSE THE BOARD AND PLAYERS ARE SHIT DOESN'T MEAN THE FANS HAVE TO BE EITHER. AND LETS FACE IT, WE HAVE BEEN. REMEMBER YOU ARE SINGING FOR THE VILLA, NOT THE CHAIRMAN OR THE PLAYERS.

Edited by supernova26

It's true, we generally tend to do well when they are up for it. Villa park when loud is LOUD. It makes one hell of a difference.

The apathetic atmosphere before Liverpool was a major factor is the heavy defeat.

Spanish team Sevilla sit 5th in La Liga. They haven't won once away from home! They win every match at home and The Europa League every year because of home form.....and you know why? Great fans that make one hell of a difference.<<<<< nobody can respond to this? Because it's true fans can make a difference.

Edited by supernova26

1 hour ago, supernova26 said:

There I've said. For the last 5 years they just sit there, no singing, no supporting. Just being miserable all the time. A depressing experience for everyone.

No wonder we've got the worst home record over that period in the whole football league.

Support the team, like your supposed to or don't go.

The negativity is palpable not even a chorus of VILLA VILLA before Liverpool.

Totally toxic. 

The best thing you, I and every fan can do is support and sing as much as you can, even when it's bad.

Support the players and things will change.

What a load of crap. Our home form hasn't been good for years and I mean a lot longer than the 5 you say. I know you only picked that because of us being down the bottom in those seasons but if you had a clue you'd see even when we were finishing 6th we never won more than 8/9 home games. I think we won 9 under Houlilier which was as good as any season under MON. Going off of your post we should win every away game aswell seeing as we are normally the loudest going!! It takes a while to build a fortress and even though I agree with the sentiment our home form isn't good enough it won't be changed by the fans singing. 

• Like 1

How many home games do you go per season to base that opinion on out of interest Supernova?

Our home support is no better/worse than majority of other premier league grounds, it's the team.

If we are looking for reasons I've always thought our big pitch makes it too easy for the opposition to knock it around under little pressure.