The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

There's now 7 people who sit in our corner of the office, including me.

I am the only one who voted remain. And more astonishingly, I'm still the only one who would vote remain if we could vote again.

And still none of them can give me a reason why we'll be better off.
And when I give them a negative all I get is "yeahhhh but"

Nothing else after the but. Just that. Just a pure dismissal of any sort of negative. 

It's infuriating. They act as if I'm the crazy one... am I? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I am the only one who voted remain. And more astonishingly, I'm still the only one who would vote remain if we could vote again.

Nothing else after the but. Just that. Just a pure dismissal of any sort of negative. 

Its the "grass is greener" approach. The exciting unknown. I just can't get my head around why you'd passionately campaign to leave when the risk of disaster is so high, and the chance of things being better are so low.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope

Just now, Genie said:

Its the "grass is greener" approach. The exciting unknown. I just can't get my head around why you'd passionately campaign to leave when the risk of disaster is so high, and the chance of things being better are so low.

But none of them can give me a single reason why we'll be better off. Why the grass is greener.

"Less rules and bureaucracy" is all I ever get. Which is bollocks

I have a few old school mates who are big on Brexit, they are generally tradesmen who blame immigration for forcing their pay down. They seem to think that once we've left then all the non-British people will leave and they'll triple their income and half their working hours.

They don't seem to be able to understand that even if all the foreign tradesmen (who charge less and work harder) left fewer people would probably be in a position to hire them as we'd be f**ked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But none of them can give me a single reason why we'll be better off. Why the grass is greener.

"Less rules and bureaucracy" is all I ever get. Which is bollocks

There really is only one way these types of people will change their mind

Experience, they really need to experience what they've voted for. Trouble is we all end up f***ed

Just now, bickster said:

There really is only one way these types of people will change their mind

Experience, they really need to experience what they've voted for. Trouble is we all end up f***ed

...and they'll say the Government made a mess of it and its not the Brexit they voted for.

Just now, bickster said:

I don't think that will even work.

They'll just blame the EU for bullying us out of a deal or the government for **** up the exit. They'll still be adamant that it was the right thing to do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I worked with someone who voted Leave because 'it would be interesting'.

Yep.

Second only to "I only voted Leave because I didn't think it would actually happen"

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think that will even work.

They'll just blame the EU for bullying us out of a deal or the government for **** up the exit. They'll still be adamant that it was the right thing to do

I didn't say it would work on all of them. It'll work on some

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villakram said:

Negotiating away your seat at the table. Genius. 

Today is a true popcorn day.

Idiocy writ large.

Of course the whinging is coming - the EU screwed us, Remoaners screwed us, etc etc. The unicorn actually exists they just didn't believe hard enough.

Be interesting if any of the Brexiteers here come out hiding about it.

• Like 2

Â