The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They've been making cars in Malaysia and Belgium since the 60s. Is that when they stopped being Swedish? Or is it when they got bought by an American company? :P 

Just shows the global nature of business these days... 

So we decide to make ourselves much smaller and take ourselves out of the deals that enable this.

Makes perfect sense!!!!

If you're a moron

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Wholly owned by the Chinese Zheijang Geely Holding Company, from Hangzhou . Volvo Chairman is Li Shufu.

Fwiw, they bought it off Ford in about 2010. 

Wouldn’t that make man on the radio correct and we can do a deal regarding Volvo cars then :P

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

...and I wouldn't know what Davkaus sounds like, so there is a chance that it actually was...

Has anyone ever seen him and radio man in the same room 

tbf I didn’t know about Volvo either , next you’ll be telling me Jaguar is owned by Indians 

• Like 1

I went looking stuff up about Volvo, as is the requirement of debate on here.

The Chinese owners had been quoted saying something along the lines of yes, we are a Chinese company, that's not a secret, we just don't over publicise it as the americans are less likely to buy a luxury brand with a reputation for safety, if they realise it was actually made by Chinese in China.

At least with Jaguar, they're made in the UK, so the argument about how they are really, culturally, a british company has traction. 

If the best selling Jags and the top of the range Jags were designed, built and owned in India, then the british bit would just be a sales and marketing exercise. Like at Volvo.

Apparently the government is now being 'very clear' (that 'phrase' had better die soon) we won't be in any customs union with the EU.

Right.

Place your bets now - climb down, fudge, or disaster?

Barnier today with the 'shit or get off the pot' direct to us. I assume the usual comments will be out, muffled increasingly with the sand around their heads...

Oh and the government is postponing it's immigration 'paper' until later in the year. As per, postponed because it's filled with terrible news, postponed because it contains a fudge/something that will fry gammon faces countrywide, or postponed because it doesn't **** exist?

I'm quite amused by the stories about the EU looking to 'punish' Britain for not abiding by the rules we agree to with them.

No shit. Agreements have sanctions attached. That's normal. And the EU would be exceptionally stupid to waive any sanctions with someone who appears keen to break those rules.

Is it the first time he's ever interacted with someone that doesn't reply to every sentence with "Yes minister"? Utterly ridiculous.

Edit: **** me, she's awful too

Neither of those people are fit for the jobs they have, what a farce.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â