The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They keep mentioning the conceding thing ... What would have happened had Leave conceded and it turned out they had won ? Or does conceding just deny you the right of a recount if its tight ?

I don't think conceding is a legal thing. 

If they get more votes, they win. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The pound is now worth about 20p.

Extortion. Come to tipton, they sell pound coins for about 10p. There is also a line of unconvincing £20 notes doing the rounds for a fiver :)

Edited by av1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Only if you are a snidy clearing in the woods apparently :rolleyes:

but politics is a fickle world and there are always repercussions ...

I wonder how many Torys are now hoping they signed their name on that letter to Dave in pencil :)

Brexiters only use pen or blood, otherwise MI5 change it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

politics is a fickle world and there are always repercussions ...

I wonder how many Torys are now hoping they signed their name on that letter to Dave in pencil :)

people need to chill the **** out, life goes on

this tory letter thing is just plain weird, I guess it could have been calculated in that if leave win Cameron would surely have to resign so the letter is void, if remain win, it's a chance for Gove and Johnson not to be exiled

it's Ed Milliband I feel sorry for, if sterling falls through the floor his London townhouse could be worth a million less in the morning than it is now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Brexiters only use blood, otherwise MI5 change it.

As someone that voted out, i can confirm this. I was also careful to not leave any fingerprints, I painted the bloody X using a twig I picked up on the way in. 

Edited by av1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

people need to chill the **** out, life goes on

this tory letter thing is just plain weird, I guess it could have been calculated in that if leave win Cameron would surely have to resign so the letter is void, if remain win, it's a chance for Gove and Johnson not to be exiled

it's Ed Milliband I feel sorry for, if sterling falls through the floor his London townhouse could be worth a million less in the morning than it is now

The logic of the letter is simple:

1) It aims to present a 'united front' to forestall any premature talk of a leadership challenge or, god forbid, another election, and

2) A leadership challenge is activated by getting 50 MP's to sign a letter of no confidence to the chairman of the 1922 Committee. Since there are around 140 Brexit Tories, and around 80 names on that letter, that only leaves around 60 unaccounted for, and most of those will fall into line. In other words, the letter aims to get backbench MP's to nail their trousers to the mast ASAP. 

• Like 1

If Cameron had joined the Leave team early on, he might well have done a better job for Remain than he has.

There seem to be a lot of people who've voted Leave because they think it's a chance to kick out at the establishment and Dave is their symbol of that. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, so 8 down - 370 to go?

Things are starting to settle a bit I think - I wonder if the North East has just had a bad week?

It's the North East I'd be surprised if they've ever had a good week 

7 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

People voting out to 'kick the establishment '. Boris Johnson and IDS are obviously working class heroes now.

Great bunch of lads, coming soon to a pub near you.

3014.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Â