Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We're not running out of ideas now, don't worry. Got about 4/5 legitimate ideas in the tank now between ourselves and VT. 

We've already said that protest inside the ground next season is unlikely, we'd have to give the team a chance regardless of what we think of ownership at that point. Hence the need for it now whilst we have nothing to play for on the pitch. 

We only ha d 3 home games and one could be the game we relegate Newcastle so why protest for that, plus why not give the board a chance now, plus it is obvious the player are basically saying FU to us because we are protesting 

Just now, lmarsha_926 said:

We only ha d 3 home games and one could be the game we relegate Newcastle so why protest for that, plus why not give the board a chance now, plus it is obvious the player are basically saying FU to us because we are protesting 

Players have been saying FU since around November,  if not before.  When did the protests start? New board? Same owner

1 minute ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Wut?

41 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Anyway. Bournemouth - Seats on 7... Can anyone think of a snappier tagline? Though it's kinda gone out there now. 

Suck my cock at 3 o'clock

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

So how many games do we protest for it already seems we are running out ideas and what if we struggle next season to get back up,

We certainly aren't running out of ideas mate I can assure you. If anything we have too many at times and spend ages thrashing them out to decide which ones are best, most feasible and don't break any rules.

With regard to protests next season non of us involved have any desire to do that. The reason we are promoting these protests now is to try to ensure the club is in much better shape next season which will mean there is no need to protest. Not one of us enjoys doing this we are doing it out of what we feel will be for the good of the club going forward. If it only makes 1% of positive difference then it will have been worth it.

• Like 1

i saw the press release about not sitting down until the 7th minute, thats been done before vs liverpool about 2 years ago, the club turned all the tvs off on the concourse so you couldnt watch the game, they filled it with stewards and police and i wouldnt say intimidation but generally just made people taking part feel like words removed so be prepared, its still a real low point for me, really pissed me off how we were treated

didnt work that day because of the plastics that always get in to the holte, probably the 2nd/3rd highest attendance of the season so it didnt look empty

hopefully if its done again with us only getting around 28k people through the door in the first place it'll look empty and work this time

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think the whole protest thing might benefit from picking a protest type and sticking to it, making a routine of taking up seats late or leaving early or whatever.

Me too. Repetition creates repetition.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think the whole protest thing might benefit from picking a protest type and sticking to it, making a routine of taking up seats late or leaving early or whatever.

Honestly, people would get bored very quickly. Not only that but the press would stop caring and without the press delivering the message we're rowing uphill. Believe me, none of them gave a shit about OTDO74 after the first round.

OTDO74 died. We can't print out 5,000 banners again. So it's something else or nothing at all. As it's something else and we're keeping these as simple as is legitimately possible, we're going to carry on that trend. We're getting better at selling the idea, which brings attention to the message. The message is king, we're not protesting to "prove a point" here. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Still like the idea of 20,000 balloons being released on 74 that hold words like "FUTURE" and "PRIDE" written on them. They would swamp the pitch, stop the game and lead to the fantastic photo opportunity of our "players" having to stamp on and burst balloons with such words on :) !!!

Oh, you are cruel. But I like it. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, people would get bored very quickly. Not only that but the press would stop caring and without the press delivering the message we're rowing uphill. Believe me, none of them gave a shit about OTDO74 after the first round.

The press will get bored no matter what you do. Protests aren't important, or sexy. If the protests carry on into next season, that will quickly become an 'and finally' to match reports, and then ignored. Because nobody cares about Villa fans, or any fans, having a demonstrated moan for the umpteenth week.

My point was more that is easier to draw people into a routine. Particularly if it's something very easy to do, people are inherently lazy so something like 'whistles out on X significant minute' isn't likely to get mass interest because nobody is going to bring their own whistle. Especially if last week it was banners, or walk outs, or tennis balls, or a party. It confuses people. You ultimately want as many people involved as possible, and the key to that is make it bloody simple, and consistent.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The press will get bored no matter what you do. Protests aren't important, or sexy. If the protests carry on into next season, that will quickly become an 'and finally' to match reports, and then ignored. Because nobody cares about Villa fans, or any fans, having a demonstrated moan for the umpteenth week.

My point was more that is easier to draw people into a routine. Particularly if it's something very easy to do, people are inherently lazy so something like 'whistles out on X significant minute' isn't likely to get mass interest because nobody is going to bring their own whistle. Especially if last week it was banners, or walk outs, or tennis balls, or a party. It confuses people. You ultimately want as many people involved as possible, and the key to that is make it bloody simple, and consistent.

I'm merely telling you what we are dealing with on the inside. We live and breath it. The banner protest was widely reported, do you think another walkout would have been? I can tell you, for a fact, it wouldn't have been. Numbers would have dropped, significantly and we would have already been a byline. As it is, we're gathering momentum not losing it. 

People haven't been confused so far. I think you are massively underestimating people. 

We're also not calling off BannersOut. We're clear on that. Just that we can't be printing another 5k of them! So rather than spend the week doing **** all, we're motivated to do something else as well. 

Edit - With all due respect to Charlton, nobody noticed their stress ball protest. Not really. Because they've done it before, only they've gone too far with it now IMO.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think the opposite to be honest.  Multi protests of different types under one protest umbrella , in actual fact is a decent tactic to stop the club organising against one specific protest carried out all the time.  It also has the benefit of not getting boring

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whistles has been discussed, extensively. 

Impossible in time for Bournemouth mind. We will also need fans to contribute financially to something like that. 5,000 whistles ain't cheap!

DDID As I have said, I will happy buy 1000 of these or similar; http://www.bakerross.co.uk/football-whistles-3?gclid=CKynr5Ky9csCFQWfGwod8fkLPg

I am sure others would happily chip in...

• Like 1

Â