Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For anyone who didn't hear

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1456596000#

I'm 11 minutes in to the 20.30-21.00 slot

Whoa! Thanks for that, David! That was great. I loved how you squarely put the blame where it belongs in a "systematic destruction" of the club. That's the important message.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Stan confirmed he will be in attendance and will be out the door on 74. 

We took over Call Collymore tonight! In fairness to Stan, he really pushed both @DK82 and myself but gave as much backing as can possibly be expected. He pretty much gave us the whole show. Perhaps he has been holding back until today specifically for various reasons, I dunno, either way happy he's given us the exposure we need. 

Edit just seen link thanks

Edited by Demitri_C

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Since when has Spurs at home been a Sunday 4pm kick off?

Still it's a tv game so you know what to do lads. ;)

It's not a TV game. It's been moved due to their previous fixture.

The ‪#‎OutTheDoorOn74‬ lads reminisce about their first games at Villa Park, and why they fell in love with this great football club. Join in and let's hear your stories about the first Villa game you went to.

http://outthedooron74.co.uk/reminisce-about-your-first-live-villa-game-part-1

Let's hear your stories lads and lasses!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thanks Lucy. 

If you want to join us in walking out you are more than welcome. In fact, fancy handing out a few flyers before the game? ;)

I don't know if I'd be there early enough for that but anyone near me would probably all run a mile at my horrendous scouse twang anyway.

5 minutes ago, Artetasgirl said:

I don't know if I'd be there early enough for that but anyone near me would probably all run a mile at my horrendous scouse twang anyway.

Yes well, there is that! Though it's more of a posh scouse twang. Slow it down and you could pass for brummy. 

Can I ask and apologies if this has already been addressed previously but in what manner do people think we should leave the stadium at the 74th minute? I was discussing this with my father last night and we both agreed that fans getting out of their seats and walking out in more or less silence has a far greater impact, then leaving the ground singing/chanting. What does everybody else think?  

Additionally, listening to some of you talk to Stan last night, wouldn't it be great for publicity if Stan just put his headphones down during commentary and walked out with us on Tuesday.  I for one would shake his hand outside if he did.  He would of course be allowed to go back in at the final whistle to host his post match show!  Good on DDID and DK82 talking on the show last night by the way, real feeling and passion there!!

Ps Please don't anyone suggest leaving in a 'Conga' style departure!  Although, I would want to be the one photographed behind Deadly Doug if we did though :D

Edited by ferguson1

32 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Can I ask and apologies if this has already been addressed previously but in what manner do people think we should leave the stadium at the 74th minute? I was discussing this with my father last night and we both agreed that fans getting out of their seats and walking out in more or less silence has a far greater impact, then leaving the ground singing/chanting. What does everybody else think?  

Additionally, listening to some of you talk to Stan last night, wouldn't it be great for publicity if Stan just put his headphones down during commentary and walked out with us on Tuesday.  I for one would shake his hand outside if he did.  He would of course be allowed to go back in at the final whistle to host his post match show!  Good on DDID and DK82 talking on the show last night by the way, real feeling and passion there!!

Ps Please don't anyone suggest leaving in a 'Conga' style departure!  Although, I would want to be the one photographed behind Deadly Doug if we did though :D

This http://outthedooron74.co.uk/everton-protest-information is how we worded the information...

"As soon as the clock hits 74 Minutes, everyone should leave their seats calmly and head for the exits."

But to be honest, as long as people ACTUALLY get up and leave, then it doesn't really matter what manner they do it in, conga included :)

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 3

Where did you hear that?

He said it on the radio talking to one of you two! He said he was at Liverpool on Wed but if it didn't clash with Villa he'd go and do it. Then he found out it was Tuesday and said he would go and he'd go in the upper Holte and take his son who is also a lifelong Villan.

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

He said it on the radio talking to one of you two! He said he was at Liverpool on Wed but if it didn't clash with Villa he'd go and do it. Then he found out it was Tuesday and said he would go and he'd go in the upper Holte and take his son who is also a lifelong Villan.

Ah yeah! Sorry thought he had said it again. Indeed he did and I'm sure he'll follow through. 

1 hour ago, Chewie said:

This http://outthedooron74.co.uk/everton-protest-information is how we worded the information...

"As soon as the clock hits 74 Minutes, everyone should leave their seats calmly and head for the exits."

But to be honest, as long as people ACTUALLY get up and leave, then it doesn't really matter what manner they do it in, conga included :)

Cheers Chewie, much appreciated! 

• Like 1

Â