Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh how I would love the club to make a statement! Even if it's begging fans to stay...

I don't suppose anyone has an idea how to get to them? 

i expect an announcement on cutting prices for the game which would make it worse :lol:

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I have done the interview with Steve Lee form sky sports news. It was done just outside the holte. I think it went ok. About 4 minutes and he asked me around 4 or 5 questions. I managed to get a mention for the website in but whether or not that will be included I don’t know. Steve said it should go out today but you can never say in the sports world but hopefully it will. He did say he had spoken to the Aston Villa press office and that they were not happy and said they expect it to have very little support anyway.

So it was you I just saw on the telly. I thought you spoke very well and made it clear that it's not just a knee jerk protest. It's a protest about the 6 years of steady terminal decline the club has been in. Good Job.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We really need to get Collymore on board, he has asked the fans to do something we are and Stans a powerful kingpin the media. if we can get him on board then this really will spread like wildfire. 

Agreed, however the majority abuse him, and laughed when he was mentioned as someone who could help at the last meeting.

Now we need him, why would he bother?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We really need to get Collymore on board, he has asked the fans to do something we are and Stans a powerful kingpin the media. if we can get him on board then this really will spread like wildfire. 

All mouth and no trousers.

59 minutes ago, SeanO said:

Is it still single turnstile exits until a few minutes before the end of the game?

There's gonna be on almighty crush if so lol

based on the number of us that walked out long before the 74th minute vs liverpool, it wont be an issue

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

All mouth and no trousers.

With respect mate those are the kind of comments that dont help things and getting support. We need as much support from as many outlets as possible. Stan wont support this when all he gets is abuse from other Villa fans. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With respect mate those are the kind of comments that dont help things and getting support. We need as much support from as many outlets as possible. Stan wont support this when all he gets is abuse from other Villa fans. 

Stan is only interested if it gets him more followers and attention.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SeanO said:

Is it still single turnstile exits until a few minutes before the end of the game?

There's gonna be on almighty crush if so lol

That's a really good point. The club have to pay attention, health and safety init...

...I'm only half joking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

stan wont support this because it wasn't his idea...

dont get me wrong i agree that he'd be ideal for spreading the word and his support would be invaluable but as its already been pointed out Stan gobs off one week about doing something then goes missing when something is happening, the guy is an idiot peddling his opinion as fact and then pandering to those that agree with him whilst ignoring anyone else with an alternative but equally valid opinion 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Agreed, however the majority abuse him, and laughed when he was mentioned as someone who could help at the last meeting.

Now we need him, why would he bother?

Well if Stan says he is a villa fan like he keeps telling us, he will get behind this despite what some fans think. You wont always be popular but i think if stan doesnt get behind this then I think it will confirm he has his own agenda. But I do think stand would get behind this

11 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Stan is only interested if it gets him more followers and attention.

I'm fairly sure if we all decided this protest WASN'T a good idea, then the protest would suddenly get Stan's full backing

• Like 2

Â