Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Adomah appears to have a great injury record too, has played 40+ games each of the last six years. Which also displays consistency in performance too, his various managers have all utilised him. 

Quick, strong, more promotion experience? £6m? Get him in. 

Yep thought the same thing to looking at his appearances.  They are no good injured regardless of how good they are

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I can see your point with Gana but Gil, Sanchez and Sinclair have never showed their potential ability for us. Traore is still here and at the end of the day, he's had one good game against Notts County. No big loss.

De Laet > Hutton. Hutton is utter tripe. Did you not see him against Luton?

Weaker at CB? In what world are Elphick and Chester worse than Lescott, Richards, Okore and Clark? Agree with the depth point, I think we could do with bringing in another CB on loan so we have Baker and someone other than Richards.

Some would say Gana never showed his potential ability for us either.

Hutton isn't my ideal choice for RB but I would have him in before De Laet and I think he is a better player overall than he is given credit for.

Okore and Clark are premier league quality CB's and can get better. Elphick can get better as well but I think he is a level below right now. I like Chester in some ways but for a CB he lacks size and physical presence. I'd still like to see more of him but I'm pretty clear that Okore and Clark are the better centre backs with more potential.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

WOOAH! 

Just seen this and had a fright! This is a wind up isn't it? 

Not sure he looks too dynamic from this pic, but perhaps he is easily looking over the heads of these two at the ball at their feet, and going to hook his right leg around them both (the long way round), to make the tackle without even moving. Sign him up, can't wait for the chants....

image.jpeg

It's an optical illusion, those two players on the left are actually lying down. 

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Hutton isn't my ideal choice for RB but I would have him in before De Laet and I think he is a better player overall than he is given credit for.

Okore and Clark are premier league quality CB's and can get better. Elphick can get better as well but I think he is a level below right now. I like Chester in some ways but for a CB he lacks size and physical presence. I'd still like to see more of him but I'm pretty clear that Okore and Clark are the better centre backs with more potential.

tumblr_lmpv83AWiV1qahisxo1_500.gif

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Don't know what world you're living in mate, you're judging De Laet after one game after a week with the squad... against Hutton who is one of the worst RB's the club have ever had.

And Okore and Clark premier league quality... relegation quality...

Delusional

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

From what I can gather, he's quick, direct, decent crosser and proven at this level. Seems to have been a regular at this level for a few years. Should get more out of him than Traore

Bristol City 2010–11[25] Championship 46 5 1 0 1 0 48 5
2011–12[26] Championship 45 5 1 0 1 0 47 5
2012–13[27] Championship 40 7 0 0 1 0 41 7
Total 131 17 2 0 3 0 136 17
Middlesbrough 2013–14[28] Championship 42 12 1 0 0 0 43 12
2014–15[29] Championship 43 5 2 0 3 0 3[e] 1 51 6
2015–16[30] Championship 43 6 1 0 3 2 0 0 47 8
2016-17[31] Premier League 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
Total 130 23 4 0 6 2 3 1 143 26

Sounds like he deserves his own thread 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Don't know what world you're living in mate, you're judging De Laet after one game after a week with the squad... against Hutton who is one of the worst RB's the club have ever had.

And Okore and Clark premier league quality... relegation quality...

Delusional

MIchael is trolling us Wilko!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

I quite like Hutton, never spat his dummy out, but I'd have anyone in front of him, always an error in him and offers nothing going forward.

I like him as well. He has heart which is an underrated quality in a player. He may not be the best going forward but if we had proper creative players ahead of him and a strong CB partnership there would be less pressure on him and I think we'd see a better player.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Adomah appears to have a great injury record too, has played 40+ games each of the last six years. Which also displays consistency in performance too, his various managers have all utilised him. 

Quick, strong, more promotion experience? £6m? Get him in. 

Every time I've seen him play live on TV the commentator has urged him to have confidence and use his pace to run at people. He seems to slow his stride and dally on the ball rather than just using his raw speed to go past people. Having said that, I'd rather have him than Traore as we will at least see him and he's good for a handful of goals each season. 

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Errrmm- not sure I agree with the  Okore/Clark sentiments. In some ways Okore remains an enigma and who knows what a long injury free/ good run of form might have led to- Clark however is in my opinion accident prone and cannot be trusted for a long hard season and for us to get the money we have done for him, represents a great piece of business .