Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Have Liverpool finished paying for Benteke yet. Maybe we could give them £16.5 and let them off with the rest of the debt. Would be a good statement signing, to usher in a new era.

It doesn't work like that.

And he'd never ever come here.

I read recently that Xia is in talks to buy a Chinese Super League team. I'm not sure how true that is, because one of those would probably cost more than it does to buy Villa. But if he does, then he could sign Benteke for whichever team he buys and send him back to us once we're hopefully back in the Premier.

Just now, useless said:

I read recently that Xia is in talks to buy a Chinese Super League team. I'm not sure how true that is, because one of those would probably cost more than it does to buy Villa. But if he does, then he could sign Benteke for whichever team he buys and send him back to us once we're hopefully back in the Premier.

It's not going to happen. Why do you cling to this?

It was a report in one of the papers. But then again I did see a few other reports that he's going to buy Indian teams and a Major League team. I'm not really clinging onto it, I'm not desperate for it to happen, I guess it would be interesting though. Actually I was wondering what's to stop Xia's other teams (if he indeed does buy another team) paying over the odds for Villa players leaving us with an increased transfer budget.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's not going to happen. Why do you cling to this?

Stranger things have happened in football, AMC as an example, who honestly thought that would ever have happened! 

As much as it's unlikely, wouldn't it be great to re-sign him.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I haven't seen anyone say they want us to sign Rhodes or McCormack.

41 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Bamford, gestede, McCormack and Hepburn Murphy would cover most basis and would be a strong forward line imo.

I didn't even have to leave the page :P

:trollface:

51 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Crazy to think that we could have a totally different set of players this time next month.

I actually think that if we are to have any chance of promotion, its imperative that we have a totally different set of players. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I actually think that if we are to have any chance of promotion, its imperative that we have a totally different set of players. 

Nope.

Having too many new faces at once was a contributing factor to our demise last season. We need to hang onto some of our players, so everybody is not new to each other in the next season. I happen to think that we have quite a few who will prove to be big assets in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Bamford, gestede, McCormack and Hepburn Murphy would cover most basis and would be a strong forward line imo.

Not a big fan of payING 15m for McCormack but if we loaned Bamford and made around 10m from ayew, Kozak and Gabby.... then I think it'd be good business.

Hepburn-Murphy is a very good talent and a very nice guy, he is too young to be relied upon yet. I think there would be too much pressure on him to be relied upon as our 4th choice striker, I think he could be ready in a year or two

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Having too many new faces at once was a contributing factor to our demise last season. We need to hang onto some of our players, so everybody is not new to each other in the next season. I happen to think that we have quite a few who will prove to be big assets in the Championship.

nope it was signing dickheads and players with not much talent that got us in to this mess

It was having Sherwood in charge that got us into this mess. If we were to start next season in the Premier league with the same squad, but with Di Matteo and his team in charge then I'd back us to stay in the division. Just as if we somehow didn't sign or lose any players going into next season, I'd expect us to be challenging for promotion.