Midweek football 7/10 December

andykeenan

38 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Raheem Sterling has just scored twice in a minute to put Manchester City 3-2 up against 'Gladbach. 

https://streamable.com/5wii  first goal

https://streamable.com/4tdu second goal

If that sends them through then the £50m suddenly isn't looking so expensive. 

They'd already qualified before tonight but yes, I take the point :-) He has been very good.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I can see one of Chelsea and Arsenal going out tomorrow. Wolfsburg pay decent salaries but they are not on same level financially as United yet outplayed them all over pitch

Chelsea and Porto only need a tie to see both advance. I wonder how competitive that match will be? Arsenal on the other need a win. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

Chelsea and Porto only need a tie to see both advance. I wonder how competitive that match will be? Arsenal on the other need a win. 

draw and Dynamo win puts Porto out

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

As much as I hate football at the moment, it's always funny to see Man United get knocked out of a tournament. Especially the Champions League. Lol

I love that LVG is failing to make them a side that other teams are afraid of. The "United" mystique is all but gone. 

And that Chevy logo is perfect for them-, big, garish and ugly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Porto can destroy Chelsea tomorrow, I expect them to.

Absolute tragic that united kept LVG and didnt just snap sack him and get klopp in when he came available. LVG is Utter dreadful and they need to throw all the money at getting pep if he's available next summer. Allowing him to go to city would be so bad.

9 hours ago, gharperr said:

Absolute tragic that united kept LVG and didnt just snap sack him and get klopp in when he came available. LVG is Utter dreadful and they need to throw all the money at getting pep if he's available next summer. Allowing him to go to city would be so bad.

Pep finds himself in an incredible position. Being about to play Utd and City off against each other, maybe Chelsea too. £££££££'s.

10 hours ago, gharperr said:

Van Gaal is so dreadful he has 7 league titles, been to 3 Champions League finals, broke up the Dutch league monopoly and brought Netherlands to 3rd in the World Cup which is even more amazing to how shit the Netherlands are now

It's also good news for the premier league losing it's 4th CL spot. Hope Roma make it through later on and Arsenal go out too. I cant see Chelsea or Man City going very far in the CL knockouts. Be interesting to see how bothered about the Europa league the English teams are as I can see Napoli and Fiorentina doing well in it

29 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's also good news for the premier league losing it's 4th CL spot. Hope Roma make it through later on and Arsenal go out too. I cant see Chelsea or Man City going very far in the CL knockouts. Be interesting to see how bothered about the Europa league the English teams are as I can see Napoli and Fiorentina doing well in it

think we need that shake up but at the same time id be very interested how UEFA react if we lost the place, we make them a lot of money, not sure yet what they will do if platini ends up dragging himself through the mud during his appeal (if he's kicked out of FIFA surely UEFA have to do the same?) means an election followed by a new leader, followed by a crafty rule change that sees us and italy get 4 places...

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

think we need that shake up but at the same time id be very interested how UEFA react if we lost the place, we make them a lot of money, not sure yet what they will do if platini ends up dragging himself through the mud during his appeal (if he's kicked out of FIFA surely UEFA have to do the same?) means an election followed by a new leader, followed by a crafty rule change that sees us and italy get 4 places...

I don't think they would change the rules, it wouldn't look very good especially with all the crap going on with FIFA and UEFA at the moment. Considering the premier league is supposed to be the greatest league in the world it would be interesting to see us lagging behind behind Spain, Germany and Italy in the coefficients and only have 3 spots. I cant imagine the sky 4 will be too happy moving forward if a place was lost

Â