Sign here if you're still a believer...

pete165

Do you believe ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe ?

• I believe
    • I don't believe

I remember everybody was very happy when DOL signed the likes of Hughes, Bouma, Taylor, Phillips, Berger, Bakke (Loan) & Milner (Loan) a couple of years ago. Lots of players, but did it improve the team. Absolutely not, in fact we got worse. I believe everybody MON has brought in as 1st choice players so far (Carew, Petrov, Young & NRC) has improved the team & i don't see that changing.

'I still believe in MON but am desperately worried that we could find ourselves in mid-october with 11 fit players and only kids on the bench'

I think this is a valid point, completely, and in order to progress you need people asking the hard question (constructively)

I think Marty knows his targets and we at Villa are usually pretty quiet on the transfer front and don't go in for speculation,

if we can get deals done, and players in that are happy at being out of the bidding war spotlights then I think it is good for the club.

We know we need defenders, and I believe we are working on that, it would have been the best possible start to have the full team and maybe full squad by the first fixture (especially as it is the mighty 'Pool) but things take time, and ill give until match 5 and transfer window closed till I make any judgements. The season can change on one result and it is definitely a marathon for us.

Top 6 need clubs need cohesion, top 4 clubs have a completely different mentality, and we are not one of those just yet and need to keep some realism. (i think we could have competed a bit more for Gordon....if O'neil really wanted him that much)

Patience is the key, we waited long enough to a manager like O'neil in, and we celebrated accordingly, lets keep our traditions alive and give the guy the chance he deserves and time he is owed to put us right.

Mark 9: 22-24

But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us."

23" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."

24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

I remember everybody was very happy when DOL signed the likes of Hughes, Bouma, Taylor, Phillips, Berger, Bakke (Loan) & Milner (Loan) a couple of years ago. Lots of players, but did it improve the team.

Except that Bouma was and is quality. Milner was aswell. Bakke was another body, and not first team, and even a loan. Berger is here still, so nothing to whine over?

That leaves you with Phillips, Taylor and Hughes.

Phillips was dirty cheap and i think everyone agreed it was a good move. He did his job.

Taylor was a body, back-up player. Still is.

Hughes is the only one you really can criticise, but id rather have Hughes as a right back the the void we currently have.

Sorry your post isnt close to making sense.

I still believe but it dosent make it any less frustrating. 5 quality additions from now until Aug and the whole picture will look completly different. I think we are good enough to get 4 points at least out of our games in August and then push on from there. If the players dont come in there is gonna be a riot!

Except that Bouma was and is quality.

He was also signed on 30th of August, funnily enough. Don't remember how many people had slit their wrists by then.

Yes I am - (and to the above - we haven't missed out on Gordon - if you go on the Sunderland official site - he hasnt signed for them and their equivelant of our rumour thread still suggests he agreed terms with them yesterday , is coming the Villa today , more than likely agree terms with us, and even may go to Man City tomorrow AND THEN decide - in the same way as harewood did - all this press speculation is stupid - yesterday Everton were signing Yakubu and someone else for combined 18m and today is a completely different player for 8 !!! - only believe when a club announces it...

And on that note - until Villa ANNOUNCE we have missed out on all our potential signings then I will still believe they will probably come...look how long the hargreaves deal took - didn't mean Man U were lying to the fans did it !!!

I don't believe.

Lets get Sven in to buy 10 players on the back of a video fest and then we will have a huge squad. Good job he didn't slip a few of his blue movies in or else their forward line would be John Holmes and Ron Jeremy!

Of course, I'm only joking. Lets have some patience. We've waited 25 years, another three weeks can't kill anybody can it? We've got the manager we all wanted and now we are all crucifying him - we are fickle and I'm ashamed!

To me (and let me stress, ME) it seems like

the entire thing is a little bit amateurish, I am not saying they are not professional, it's just that most of

them don't know a single thing about football.

i find this a strange point. these people professionally own and run a football club. if you accuse them of not knowing a single thing about football, it appears to me that you are accusing them of being unprofessional. i don't see how you can separate the two.

They are very professional as business men, but they don't know much about football now do they? Take the General for instance. He keeps replying about his faith in MON and how he trusts MON and that he is the greatest guy in the game. But what does he know about other managers? Reading many of his comments, it's pretty obvious that he didn't really follow "soccer" before he got related to the Villa. Sure he knows a thing or two, but I am getting pretty fed up with this blind trust shit. Any employee should be followed and guided, I am not a fan of this MON above Villa thing going on, which has led to our beloved club doing poor business in the market this summer.

If you put someone in charge of a pert of any business they should be allowed to get on witgh it, especially someone who is highly experienced and highly paid. They then stand or fall on their own efforts.

I believe MON took this job for that very reason, no interference. He is big enough and honest enough to know what is going on.

19% don't beleive? Gosh.

Villa fans are fickle. DOL was right!

I hated the bloke but I'm afraid he was right, I agree with you.

You speak for yourself.

I'm certainly not fickle, renewed all four of mine for the seventeenth year on the trot just as I had renewed long before DOL got the boot last summer.

To quote Jim Royle; 'Fickle my arse'.

Good to see it's 182 againest 42 in favour of the Believers thus far. Restores my faith in these boards a little bit.

I don't there's that many Non-Believers. It's just they are very vocal and you notice them more. And it's not just the boards it restores some of my faith in, it's humanity as well. Some comments on here recently have been absolutely ridiculous.

I'm a believer, some of you i think are just never happy, Ellis has gone we are into a new era with the club we love but some people just cant help bitching and moaning about this that and the other, MON and the board have not let us down yet, the transfer window is not closed, so get a grip on yourselves. I think sometimes some of your are that used to doom and gloom you cant see the woods for the trees. I feel sorry for you people with negative attitudes, i'm sure you will never be happy.

Â