I still believe because:

1) MON spent 9.5 mill on Ashley Young - he isn't afraid to spend

2) Newspapers link us with players we don't always want

3) We're playing good football at the moment

4) The transfer window hasn't shut

5) We're not the only club struggling to sign players

6) We've bought dross in the past and can't just sign anyone

7) Everything behind-the-scenes is improving

8) MON has publically stated that he KNOWS we need players (RB, etc.)

Pete

A believer in MON, Randy, The General and the rest of the board and always have been thus far. The progress we've made is staggering in such a short amount of time (on AND off the pitch).

*signs*

I will continue to believe until the 1st of September. That is when the window closes, and that is when the **** will hit the fan if MON hasn't made the signings. For the interim three weeks, we will continue to try and improve, and I believe we will be successful in this attempt.

Signed.

I still believe because we don't have an idiot owning the club, running it, or in any other capacity in the club. Whatever has gone on in the last few days, I don't believe they are MO'Ns fault.

And there's 3 weeks left to go yet. I'm positive we will bring in some new faces.

*signs*

I will continue to believe until the 1st of September. That is when the window closes, and that is when the **** will hit the fan if MON hasn't made the signings. For the interim three weeks, we will continue to try and improve, and I believe we will be successful in this attempt.

Agree completely. Infact this thread is intended as a haven for those sick of the other threads and their hyperbole.

I have my doubts as to whether this poll would clearly show the feeling amongst us. Adding a poll when seemingly we've lost out on a player with no news of further signings (yet) would obviously tend to add bias to our feelings. Maybe it would have been better suited if the poll was added at the end of the transfer window? Or maybe add another at the end of the window clearly asking if we believe in MON's ability in the transfer window as to judge the board on everything is a bit unfair judging the huge strides we've made in the past year. Just my opinion of course.

*signs*

Agree completely. Infact this thread is intended as a haven for those sick of the other threads and their hyperbole.

Ain't that the truth. We've allegedly missed out on a goalkeeper. We've not been sold to Peter Ridsdale. All should yet be fine.

*signs*

I still believe, but after tonights shananagans i'm seriously close to jumping onto the other side

I've tried to stay calm and keep the faith all summer, but if the reason Gordon didn't come here is down to us not paying the fee then i'll seriously become disillusioned

*signs*

Ain't that the truth. We've allegedly missed out on a goalkeeper. We've not been sold to Peter Ridsdale. All should yet be fine.

hehe. genius. love it.

I am also going to confess that my optimism may also be due to the fact that I've barely watched 90 minutes of Craig Gordon in action. I also think Sorenson isn't a bad keeper.

I PopeJosh the Nineteenth sign this with full optimism and hope!

1. Martin O'Neill is a sensational manager

2. We have been UNBEATEN in all matches for 11 games

3. We have done extraordinary things such as beaten Internazionale 3-0

4. The transfer window has not shut

5. We're in the bidding for lots of people and MON does things in the market that we are unaware about

6. Optimism is SKY HIGH at VP atm!

7. Villa look likely to book a ticket to Europe next year

8. Although quantity isnt on our side, Quality sure is :D

9. Because im a TRUE THICK AND THIN VILLIAN!

10. I believed through the Ellis era that we could do something good so I think that I have a better chance believing in RL

11. The board interacts with us (General is a legend)

The list could actually go on to about 82 reasons ;)

Â