Sign here if you're still a believer...

pete165

Do you believe ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe ?

• I believe
    • I don't believe

I believe but a little less than I did yesterday and a lot less than the day before...

I have defended and defended MON and the club over the last few months but I'm not sure I can continue to do so for long based upon the current level of new arrivals. Something has gone wrong somewhere within Villa Park this summer.

I'm with you villasquare. I'm a beleiver, just one who is becoming more and more disappointed with each transferless day. If nowt else happens between now and the end of Aug, I might ask for a new category 'A bit unsure now'

Still very much a believer in O'Neill and the board.

This summer has been very frustrating and that sentiment has been echoed by the club and manager too.

For that it will always go as a minus against O'Neill i think. Things could have been done better even though i understand there are many reasons why it was extremely difficult.

How big the minus is will depend very much on two things. 1) the signings we go on to make before the window closes and 2) The way the team performs next year.

I think it will end up being a small minus against O'Neill as the team will play exceptionally well and continue to progress. Our style of play is improving dramatically and we'll see the nucleus of his squad in place and learn which positions need improving to really challenge the top 4. I also think we'll make the siginings to improve the defence and cover any injury crisis.

In short things will look alot better soon but they look worrying at present. Only signings will put that right.

I don't like all this "believer" crap and wouldn't normally have bothered voting, but after the knee-jerk reactions and idiotic panic threads of last night I feel a strong compulsion to get behind the manager and board as never before. So we MAY have failed to sign some overhyped Scottish keeper. So bloody what?

So we MAY have failed to sign some overhyped Scottish keeper. So bloody what?

My sentiments exactly Old Fart. O'Neill said he wanted to strengthen the defence and we all know what that meant. . . Now beacuse Sunderland are maybe about to sign a player the media has linked us with people on here are going potty.

Sorensen may not be a world beater but I bet he won us more points that he lost us last year. People seem to forget that most of our bad run coincided with his injury.

I've NEVER stopped beleiving that our club is good hands since the day MON walked in to VP about 12 months ago........Looks like Sunderland may have hiked the price to make sure MON didn't get the chance to talk to Gordon, who by all accounts wasn't too keen on straying too far over the border in any case!

Can't beleive the abuse that's all ready and waiting to be hurled at MON & Co at the drop of a hat before anyone knows the true facts.

To be fair we did lose 3-0 at home to Inter-Milan 4 days ago didn't we?

Oh...

The fact that we're playing very well and winning consistently seems to have been forgotten in the midst of all the transfer woes! :)

I was in block B4 on Saturday looking around the ground. MON came out to the dugout, then I saw his face and I'm a beliver. Not a trace of doubt in my mind.

I dont know what happenned with Gordon but if he joined Sunderland without ever speaking to us then he was never going to join. If he did speak to us and still joined then good luck to him.

But just because one player has not joined us I am not going to fold like a cheap suit, throw my toys out of the pram and proclaim the end of the world. Now is the time to remain strong and retain the belief.

Nothing has changed that for me

Who in lords name is the soothsayer amongst out ranks???!

I had to have a double check to see that people might actually not believe!

and people dont!

I have no idea what so many people are moaning about, seriously...

We have played some of the most attractive, dominant football we have ever seen from

The Villa in years, that coupled with a great attitude even when losing.

Yes we can bemoan missing out on Gordon, and possibly Davies but we have signed

some good players and strengthened our quality.

Financial constraints, funds, targets, agents are always shifting, and while we need to pounce

at times we also need to keep a calm head.

Marty in my eyes is doing a brilliant job, and setting up a great base and I am not sure his

toughest task starts this season, or even the next.

We are not a London club, and our fans should stop acting like London fans, we should continue to

keep the faith in a manager who has not even been enough time to be judged.

I am glad for the negativity though, the more fans we attract, bad and good, the more attention we bring,

and hopefully the more bums we put on the seats, even if people come just to see how "badly" Marty is

getting it.

Barry and Reo and Young and Moore and Gabby and Davies...??? for England! ;)

and people dont!

We have played some of the most attractive, dominant football we have ever seen from

Financial constraints, funds, targets, agents are always shifting, and while we need to pounce

Marty in my eyes is doing a brilliant job, and setting up a great base and I am not sure his

We are not a London club, and our fans should stop acting like London fans, we should continue to

I am glad for the negativity though, the more fans we attract, bad and good, the more attention we bring,

and hopefully the more bums we put on the seats, even if people come just to see how "badly" Marty is

getting it.

yes yes yes yes agreed agreed agreed

and people dont!

getting it.

yes yes yes yes agreed agreed agreed

I badly want to believe but my faith is stretched to breaking point

We have got good quality but are sadly lacking in depth - it's crucial that we make 5 or 6 signings of the right quality before the deadline but by leaving things so late it concerns me that we'll be left with a limited choice and may be tempted to buy lower quality just to make the numbers up.

I'd be feeling happier if we'd not let players go without identifiying better replacements. Whoever we sign needs to be markedly better than Samuel, McCann, Hughes, Davis et al.

I still believe in MON but am desperately worried that we could find ourselves in mid-october with 11 fit players and only kids on the bench

I believe 100% because I know that the people in charge are no fools and I would say it appears they are aiming for the first choices and not 2nd raters

yes the easy way out was to keep the shite we let go off (Davis excepted), and then maybe we could have played Hughes and ermmmm... thats it ....

the squad as it is now is better than this time last year we have more quality and less dross, the ones we now have are 100% committed ....

the point is we do need a RB and CB, I am not sure about a goalie though and a few extra bodies would be nice but if they are not of the reuqired quality what's the point, we just got rid of a lot of shite.

Â