Sign here if you're still a believer...

pete165

Do you believe ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe ?

• I believe
    • I don't believe

All I can say at this point is: Those of you who argue that the sky is falling, that MON is a clueless fool, and that the club is purely treading water on the pitch... well, you're being very selective with your evidence. And the next couple of years will bear that out. I, for one, am not going to spend my time pissing into the tide trying to convnce the lemmings otherwise.

Are things perfect? No. But the club is in good hands. On and off the pitch.

I believe we are on the right track, but if we are supposed to have money, why can we hardly fill the bench for the 1st game of the premier league season? Dont bloody worry about paying over the odds a little bit. You paid over the odds for Ashley Young and look how well that turned out.

Our 1st team is still quality IMO, but one injury to any of the defenders and we are in big, big trouble. Bitterly disappointed at the moment. They havent followed through with what we were promised this window, and I don't care if there's still a few weeks left, the fecking season is about to fecking start! For McGrath's sake get some cover in!

Still, it's a 5 year plan and I still think MON is the man to take us there. He has failed at this hurdle at the moment for me though.

Still believe MON is a top manager....but i think a poll on his transfer dealings would have been a lot more interesting! Because our lack of transfer dealings this summer has been almost laughable and very unprofessional.

I believe...as the most...but it isnt a clear run of belief to be honest.

MON is a very good manager and probably one of the best to take charge at Villa. I do believe that we´re soon going to have signings on board, but this summer has been a real anti-climax for me.

I thought we were to be the talk of the Premier this summer by signing some top class players and really have a go at the top of the Premier. This doesnt seem to happen at all and MON is slowly acting in the transfer market to try and build a team.

He seems to have been playing a dangerous game by letting a lot of players leave and not have players coming in. He has left everything painfully late and it will be a bloody nightmare to get players to gel in while we are in the middle of the early season.

He should´ve bought players earlier and not put himself and Villa in this awkward situation. I do think it has come down to priorities and one is that he has been stubborn on transfer fees, he might have been taking the task a little bit too easy. Other club managers has been working hard and not bulked at transfer fees because they want to build a team in order to be better prepared for the new season.

MON has had since january to find his targets and to bid for them...still we walk into the new season very weak in cover and with a squad looking quite vulnerable for the new season. We need players for the first team...and this is three days before the opening game against Liverpool!!

I am a believer that MON gets it right, but he has done some major mistakes this summer..of course in my opinion. You just cant let the squad be down to bare bones and while you´ve had almost 6 months of hunting down targets and two months of the transfer window it is nothing other than poor handling of the transfer dealings. That is my opinion..again..of course.

We lost out of Craig Gordon...you ask if he was worth £9m..and I would say probably not...but that is not the point..not the big picture. We have lost out on one of most promising goalkeepers in GB and we have lost him to Sunderland. That gives you a message you arent prepared for tbh...and a real wake up call that Villa still has a lot to do in order to be attractive.

I am a believer, but it is not growing stronger...it is getting weaker and weaker by the day when we dont show ambition enough compared to where we want to go with the club.

I believe - but my faith is being tested!

There are lots of valid points made on this thread - my own view is that however impatient I am for new signings, I will reserve my judgement until 1st September 2007.

I have the upmost confidence in the team we have in place, the management of the team, the coaching staff and the people who run our club.

Even with the percieved inactivity in the transfer market (i.e. players bought, I have no idea as to what they have been doing behind the scenes).

The club I think is now being run like a proper company and is looking after its clients (us the fans) and we have a manager who I believe is and will continue to take us forward.

All of the above was something I never thought I would see at Aston Villa, so I am still on the crest of the wave that is Aston Villa, Randy and MON.

A believer at the moment, judge him at the end of Aug a statement that I myself have banded about. But with each passing day other teams strengthen and we stand still (in squad terms). I am so happy with MON new players (Harewood needs to convince me) but MON is aware of our lack of depth, I just hope we have time to put it right.

Â