The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

There are actually people who would take sherwood back?

I need a lie down. 

It's hilarious isn't it?

I can only assume people have decided they don't like Garde and for effect they are saying Sherwood was better.

it's the only explanation for why anyone would prefer that fraud over... well over anybody.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People remember that Sherwood is the reason we have this squad, right? 

And that he did worse with the squad.  And alienated or completely failed to integrate several members of the squad.  And leaked things to the press, by all accounts.  

• Like 1

Tom is to blame too, although I doubt his input was much more than actually going out and making the deals for the players Sherwood and the scouts wanted. But Sherwood was the manager.

I just don't know when we made this collective shift that the manager suddenly takes no blame for the transfers.

We made transfers the same way when lambert was here, yet he got credit/blame when his transfers performed or didn't perform

Edited by Stevo985

Tim sherwood did absolutely nothing to deserve the job, half a dozen good wins were completely eradicated by what followed, the Southampton shambles, the unbelievably shit cup final performance, the constant selection of CNZ, he's 'jobs for the boys' backroom recruitment, THAT sub in the Leicester game, the tombola raffle approach to formations and players, the moaning about fitness after he had a entire pre season, the handling of the summer recruits.

sherwood was a charlatan.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is anybody claiming Sherwood was good? It seems shifting to Sherwood is a nice way to ignore what's happening with our current manager. 

Yeah some people are.

But the discussion is shifting to Sherwood because people are seriously suggesting they'd prefer Sherwood over Garde.

Garde isn't doing a great job (the reasons for which are up for debate) but it genuinely astonishes me that anyone would prefer Sherwood over any manager available in the entire world. The man is an absolute joke.

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who has said they'd rather Sherwood or that he was good? I really can't see it. 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Worst manager in Villa history and no signs of improvement. a pathetic performance and still throws on the tried and tested shit like Sinclair and Gestede instead of some kids

at least Sherwood got us to a cup final and survival

20 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Which one [Garde or Sherwood] would you have next season?

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sherwood.

20 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Me too.

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

Sherwood 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair to Zat he is always on the piss-take, I'm not sure about the others though.

True. 

Once everyone turns on Garde, Zat will be fighting his corner, I'm sure of it #hipster

34 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

The really sad thing is that history will remember Garde as the man that finally gets us relegated despite ironically being the best manager we've had since Houllier.

The man that got us relegated is Randy Lerner

• Like 3

Â