The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

He's receiving plenty of criticism for that.

Sorry, but I'm sick of this. Picking sides, or being told which side you're on, with managers or players or staff and not being allowed to be flexible within somebody else's framework. It's a joke.

I'm not allowing anybody to be anything or saying they cant do what they like Dave.  I'm debating an opinion by explaining mine,  that you and others have actually criticised me for!  So should I say that you are doing the same?  It's a site for fans to debate Villa.  I'm telling you my opinion and then justifying it when getting questioned and pushed on it

You asked a loaded question and you know it. I've got nowt else to add to that.

I'm just telling you I'm personally sick of being labeled pro this or anti that. It's tiresome.

It wasn't loaded at all.  The poster asked that considering he hasnt yet officially relegated us does he deserve all the criticism? Question was does that mean he deserves none for not winning a game then? Not loaded at all.  

On tye bit about being labelled one thing or another,  on me not yet being willing to credit Garde for the supposed shipping out of all the rubbish players you said that " However, as I asked, does that mean everything he does has to be met with derision? "  .  Bit of a generalisation there as I said I am not meeting everything he does with derision.  The thing you are sick of,  and me too by the way,  people being labelled one or the other I'd suggest you're a little guilty of yourself.

It wasn't loaded at all.  The poster asked that considering he hasnt yet officially relegated us does he deserve all the criticism? Question was does that mean he deserves none for not winning a game then? Not loaded at all.  

On tye bit about being labelled one thing or another,  on me not yet being willing to credit Garde for the supposed shipping out of all the rubbish players you said that " However, as I asked, does that mean everything he does has to be met with derision? "  .  Bit of a generalisation there as I said I am not meeting everything he does with derision.  The thing you are sick of,  and me too by the way,  people being labelled one or the other I'd suggest you're a little guilty of yourself.

Ok fair enough. I've yet to see one single post from you saying you like or agree with something he's said or done. Maybe I've missed that and maybe I have been a little hypocritical there. Point taken.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You asked a loaded question and you know it. I've got nowt else to add to that.

I'm just telling you I'm personally sick of being labeled pro this or anti that. It's tiresome.

I see a profound antipathy to provocateurs' antics.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Previous page in response to yours I posted "  In terms of Garde himself he comes across as a well spoken ,  charming engaging man who you could listen to for hours.  Very articulate and intelligent.  I dont dislike him.  I do dislike the results he has achieved,  I do think he will not improve us and I do severly doubt we are in the right hands to rebuild us. "

Things are very edgy amongst the fan base right now and more so on the internet with people reading things that arent there and not reading things that are (not a comment on you Dave at all just a generalisation) It's as a result of us being shit,  the frustration we all feel because of that and the fact we want desperately for us to be doing better and have hope from that.  The fanbase is divided on that and on the issue of hope.  It is not helping

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Things are very edgy amongst the fan base right now and more so on the internet with people reading things that arent there and not reading things that are (not a comment on you Dave at all just a generalisation) It's as a result of us being shit,  the frustration we all feel because of that and the fact we want desperately for us to be doing better and have hope from that.  The fanbase is divided on that and on the issue of hope.  It is not helping

It occurs to me that last time Villa went down, there really wasn't a world wide web or social media. This is all new, in a way. I guess back in the old days, fans just millwalled each other.

8548495.jpg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

every other day i read the paper its we're after this french star or that french star. okay every other day may be going over the top but i do read it quite often.

Just becuase you read about it doesn't mean we're actually after them. As Stevo said, most transfer rumours are made up and obviously because we have a French manager and bought a lot of players from France in the summer of course the media are going to go on about us signing French players.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Just becuase you read about it doesn't mean we're actually after them. As Stevo said, most transfer rumours are made up and obviously because we have a French manager and bought a lot of players from France in the summer of course the media are going to go on about us signing French players.

ok i wish they would stop linking us with all these french players.

What in particular about his CV makes him the wrong man Richard?

What in particular makes him right?  Not a great deal to say one way or the other in my opinion.

About his CV? As I've already explained in this thread, the fact that he ran one of the world's most respected youth academies, then managed the same club for 3 years with an emphasis on blooding young players, into the Champions League, and you could somewhat realistically say "his team" should have won Ligue 1 last season, after he left.

What worried me though was that Lyon actually finished 5th one season under him did they not? This was a team that dominated France for years and years, they won leagues with Houllier, Le Guen and even Alan Perrin.

I know they were in transition a fair bit but to still finish that low (equivalent of Man. United finising 7th under Moyes) suggested to me he wasn't a messiah. Remember aswell PSG hadn't been taken over so they weren't that strong back then either.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's nothing like Manchester United, who won the title then finished 7th. They sold the team from under him, I think he spent in the region of minus £20m over his three years in charge.

PSG had been taken over.

You've not done any research at all have you?

I admit I wasn't sure when exactly PSG were taken over....I assumed it was somewhere around 2013 but turns out it was late 2011 so yes I concede that one.

Monaco were actually relegated from ligue 1 in 2011 (look research) so another well established team that could've challenge Lyon who weren't around.

These were his 3 finishes for Lyon anyway

11/12

Team

1 Paris Saint-Germain (C) 38 25 8 5 69 23 +46 83 2013–14 UEFA Champions League Group stage
2 Marseille 38 21 8 9 42 36 +6 71
3 Lyon 38 19 10 9 61 38 +23 67 2013–14 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round
4 Nice 38 18 10 10 57 46 +11 64 2013–14 UEFA Europa League Play-off round
5 Saint-Étienne 38 16 15 7 60 32 +28 63
Pos
Team
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification or relegation
1 Paris Saint-Germain (C) 38 27 8 3 84 23 +61 89 2014–15 UEFA Champions League group stage
2 Monaco 38 23 11 4 63 31 +32 80
3 Lille 38 20 11 7 46 26 +20 71 2014–15 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round
4 Saint-Étienne 38 20 9 9 56 34 +22 69 2014–15 UEFA Europa League play-off round
5 Lyon 38 17 10 11 56 44 +12 61

Apologies for the awfully ended post above.

In response to DDID, messiah really? He never got them into the CL or close to a title challenge. They did both under Herbert Fournier last season, I saw plenty of their games last year and they were excellent to watch and really should've won the league, could Remi not have prised a bit more out of them especially in his 3rd season?

FWIW anyway I don't blame him that much for the present situation, I think we all realise there's far more problems at the club than who the manager is and I'm delighted he's starting calling out some of the wasters in our squad who've been here too long and not produced for  a long time.

I am disappointed we haven't made a better effort at staying up e.g. winning some games but Sherwood had a much easier fixture list and messed up the winnable games which ramped the pressure up.

My main reservation is I'm not convinced Garde will win promotion for us.

They did well last year with the squad Remi built with a minus £20m budget. You sitting there and hypothesising he should have done better based on league finishes alone and nothing else is a bit, well, mad. There's no context for it. 

Yes, they adore him there. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 2

Yep, by all accounts, Garde had all his best players sold and relied on the youth products.

Philippe Auclair did a piece on him on football weekly when we appointed him and said he was very well respected in France. His time at Lyon is very much seen as a relative success.

Â