The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

11 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i genuinely don't think we'll win another game all season, there is no confidence, no quality, no drive and I don't know if that is down to Garde, but there is a cancer throughout the club and nothing will change that.

I really thought things would change under Garde but I think they've got worse, not sure that is even down to him, things were broken well before he arrived.

Agree with this.

I think the players have been running this club since the reign of MON, having a cushy life not putting in more training and effort than they felt like.

As soon as someone has tried to change this world order things have gone sour.

I think there have been lots of things happening behind closed doors that we haven't seen or heard.

All speculation of course but that's what I believe

Edited by sne

Yes, he inherited a basket case that may have already been beyond redemption, BUT, to me, the team is just as bad if not worse than when he took over.

The problem is we have no idea if he is any good because he hasn't shown anything that suggests he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I think the problem lies in that a lot of the squad was pro Sherwood but the new summer recruits did not get on with him and vice versa, we bought in a french speaking manager to protect Randy's summer investment and now they are happy and the pro Sherwood mob are causing problems and don't give a **** about Garde, Ray and Duverne etc.

That's what I think anyway, it's an unhappy camp and people have stopped trying

It would explain a lot, the dressing room is no doubt toxic

Remi Garde has risked a Premier League sanction after failing to show for his post match press conference.

Garde conducted his broadcast duties with TV, radio reporters and the club media but did not speak to the written press.

The Aston Villa boss is believed to have got fed up of waiting for Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce to complete his press conference and instead jumped on the team bus to the airport for Villa's flight back to the Midlands.

Because Garde failed to send another representative in his place, he could face action from the football authorities.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-remi-garde-hot-10678016

Edited by Reivax_Villa

2 minutes ago, andyh said:

Yes, he inherited a basket case that may have already been beyond redemption, BUT, to me, the team is just as bad if not worse than when he took over.

The problem is we have no idea if he is any good because he hasn't shown anything that suggests he is.

well he managed to get Vertout and Ayew playing at a semi-decent level and brought Okore back. But the rest of the team have vanished under him.

Could genuinely manage us to the end of the season and not win.

He's either a total fraud or we're making him look like one. Honestly i think its a bit of both, i realise its early and he hasnt been here long but he has shown absolutely nothing, we havent even come close to winning a game. Infact have we even be leading a game since he arrived?

Just now, VillanousOne said:

It would explain a lot, the dressing room is no doubt toxic

The mistake was firmly in the summer recruitment, too many overseas players at a time when Sherwood was in charge. I always believe you should purchase players that fit in with your managers mentality and ability. It was obvious what Sherwood was good at, what his strengths were and what his weaknesses were. Sherwood was the type of character that the likes of Gabby, Richards, Grealish would like and get on with (you can see the same traits in all of them) sadly the powers that be missed what Sherwood was all about and made alternate signings which Tim was never equipped to deal with hence why he wanted Townsend, Lennon Adebayor etc. Now Lerner, Fox and Reilly have created a shitstorm of epic proportions which has led to the relegation of the team and we either replace Garde or we replace 14/15 of the squad over the next two windows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

The mistake was firmly in the summer recruitment, too many overseas players at a time when Sherwood was in charge. I always believe you should purchase players that fit in with your managers mentality and ability. It was obvious what Sherwood was good at, what his strengths were and what his weaknesses were. Sherwood was the type of character that the likes of Gabby, Richards, Grealish would like and get on with (you can see the same traits in all of them) sadly the powers that be missed what Sherwood was all about and made alternate signings which Tim was never equipped to deal with hence why he wanted Townsend, Lennon Adebayor etc. Now Lerner, Fox and Reilly have created a shitstorm of epic proportions which has led to the relegation of the team and we either replace Garde or we replace 14/15 of the squad over the next two windows. 

I'm pretty sure Sherwood signed off on the players too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Losing the plot? 

Seems to have acted like a petulant tosser today. Allardyce actually kept saying sorry and that he apologised, but Garde still refused to shake his hand and acted like a teenage girl on her period. 

Where's there handshake reported?

The last thing that seems likely with Garde is that he'd be a flouncer, he seems stoic and balanced. A teenage girl on her period I'd believe of the last manager, but not this one - if this one were to have a turn, I'd say he's more likely to stare into space for two days looking sad on his own.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Could genuinely manage us to the end of the season and not win.

He's either a total fraud or we're making him look like one. Honestly i think its a bit of both, i realise its early and he hasnt been here long but he has shown absolutely nothing, we havent even come close to winning a game. Infact have we even be leading a game since he arrived?

He has got too many who liked Sherwood to deal with. They are lazy and half arsed which is why they weren't fit, now they have Duverne to deal with 5 days a week. I can't imagine they are enjoying that, the high earners know it's over and they won't be here next year so what's the point really. Guzan, Richards, Lescott, Hutton, Richardson, Nzogbia, Gabby won't be getting a 50% wage cut they are all out of here. What makes it worse is that your team and club captains are both on that list, who's the leader?? I will tell you who the leader is in that team, **** nobody. I have never seen such a mess at VP, even Doug's mess in the mid 80's was not as bad as this and that says something

Edited by KHV

I take it you have not yet seen the footage on SSN then? Allardyce was clearly saying sorry, but Garde kept flouncing like a soppy French princess. 

In his interview he gave some pathetic excuse that Allardyce didn't come to see him at the start of the game and that's why he was so upset at the end.

He's a grown man, FFS. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good. At least we know he's upset.

This is why I want him to stay after relegation. I don't want another manager coming in and "assessing the squad" 

I get the impression that Remi has quickly realised that the majority of the squad are sh*t. I think the summer will bring a huge rebuilding operation and I'd like to see him given the chance to mould his own team. 

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

You can see the dilemma though - Sherwood would have been taking us back down the O'Neill route paying big fees and big wages for players with little resale value - which Lerner had no intention of doing. The option would have been to pay Tim a big bonus for keeping us up and then going and getting Garde in May and doing this type of recruitment with him signing each of them off.

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I take it you have not yet seen the footage on SSN then? 

He gave some pathetic excuse that Allardyce didn't come to see him at the start of the game and that's why he was so upset.

He's a grown man, FFS. 

I haven't. What has actually happened?

Â