12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm looking at my matchup with @maqroll tomorrow, and not feeling very confident. Looks like no Lukaku and no Adebayor, I'm feeling very light up front. 

Any free agents that can do the job for todays matches?

Decided against free agents, but our match up is a cracker!

We're tied at 92 points each after the three o'clock kick offs. I should have a slight advantage though - I've got one more player to play than @maqroll, and he has Kouyate, who for some reason isn't playing? Not even on the bench for WHAM. 

I thought I was truly screwed when Huth popped up with two goals at lunchtime!

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Decided against free agents, but our match up is a cracker!

We're tied at 92 points each after the three o'clock kick offs. I should have a slight advantage though - I've got one more player to play than @maqroll, and he has Kouyate, who for some reason isn't playing? Not even on the bench for WHAM. 

I thought I was truly screwed when Huth popped up with two goals at lunchtime!

That Leicester result was unexpected. I moved Fuchs to my bench and lost his 28 points!

Teams not playing the attackers I have in my team is killing me.

I've been pretty unlucky in this. I had Kompany, Cazorla and Morrison. All good scorers in this and all out with long term injuries. 

Then my attackers fall out of favour and stop being played. Delofeu and Pedro no longer playing, and I snapped up Doumbia and he didn't play either :D

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have 30 points from Lukaku and 25 points from Khazri on the bench, was a bad day for anticipating scores. I did horribly in the predictions game as well. 

Do you reckon Khazri will do well? I picked up Imbula instead and think I might regret it.

Yes, I'm sure Khazri will do brilliantly. He had a very high whoscored rating, which corresponds very well with scores in this game. 'Chances created' is a big difference maker in scores, even if they aren't converted into goals (this is why Eriksen is so brilliant) and Khazri is very much a creator. I only left him on the bench because I wasn't sure if Fat Sam was starting him yet - now it looks like he is, I think he'll be in my team most weeks (although they do have some tough fixtures at the moment). 

EDIT: On Imbula, my general impressions are twofold, a] that Stoke are shit right now anyway, and b] I don't think midfielders score as high if they play in the double-pivot. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I'm sure Khazri will do brilliantly. He had a very high whoscored rating, which corresponds very well with scores in this game. 'Chances created' is a big difference maker in scores, even if they aren't converted into goals (this is why Eriksen is so brilliant) and Khazri is very much a creator. I only left him on the bench because I wasn't sure if Fat Sam was starting him yet - now it looks like he is, I think he'll be in my team most weeks (although they do have some tough fixtures at the moment). 

EDIT: On Imbula, my general impressions are twofold, a] that Stoke are shit right now anyway, and b] I don't think midfielders score as high if they play in the double-pivot. 

I was looking at their whoscored history as well and was very tempted by Khazri and think he will link up well with Defoe. 

Info I've read on Imbula has him incredibly talented but needs to be motivated to succeed, time will tell if he is at Stoke.

I made a gut call picking Imbula over Khazri but never felt completely right about it.

I'll be interested to see how Imbula goes. It might be hard to tell, because Stoke look like being the first of the mid-table teams who are on the beach. They might well get a lot better when Shawcross comes back, which is only a week or so away. 

I have Veretout and play him most weeks. He averages somewhere around 12-13 points since Garde took over. 

Villa players score well under Garde, especially when we play at home, which I surmise is a result of the fact that we maintain possession for long periods. Garde's playing style is very conducive to TOGGA points. 

SBS has picked up Cissokho, which is a great pick (I was planning on doing the same thing myself, just hadn't got round to it/got lazy) - Cissokho has scored in double figures (nearly?) every week and seems to get close to 20 points when we pick up a clean sheet. He's helped by being a 'creative outlet' (quotation marks very much justified). 

Another decent pick - and I'm being serious - is Mark Bunn, who is also picking up a few double figure scores. 

Â