12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Also, the scores still seem to be up. I wouldn't put it past them to roll it into this weekends games as well.

That's only because Arsenal have yet to play. 

This is also why I can't win - Koscielny isn't going to score seventeen points more than Sanchez. I suppose Sanchez might not play, but that seems pretty unlikely (and I kind of don't want that anyway cos I've captained him in FPL). 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's only because Arsenal have yet to play. 

This is also why I can't win - Koscielny isn't going to score seventeen points more than Sanchez. I suppose Sanchez might not play, but that seems pretty unlikely (and I kind of don't want that anyway cos I've captained him in FPL). 

Ah right. Ah well. It might come down to points gained then!

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I think it's basically very likely to, and I think you have quite a big headstart on me there. 

I'm due a shocker soon anyway. I like this game because all it takes is for 1-2 players to have a blinder and 1-2 of yours to misfire and you're struggling against anyone.

I'd like to see a more active trading system next season though so hopefully we'll get a group of more active players.

15 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'd like to see a more active trading system next season though so hopefully we'll get a group of more active players.

Got my lot joining up so thats three guaranteed active players and two more potentially (if I trust them to remain active and there is room). Not sure how we will communicate trades and stuff though as I doubt they'll all want to join villatalk, we use Facebook atm as we all know each other. If anyone has any better ideas on messenger apps it might be good.

Side note, I'm basically champion of my league now. I'm 12 points ahead with only 4 games left.

37 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Got my lot joining up so thats three guaranteed active players and two more potentially (if I trust them to remain active and there is room). Not sure how we will communicate trades and stuff though as I doubt they'll all want to join villatalk, we use Facebook atm as we all know each other. If anyone has any better ideas on messenger apps it might be good.

Side note, I'm basically champion of my league now. I'm 12 points ahead with only 4 games left.

Trade are communicated through the league chat and you get email notifications when people suggest trades.

Our league looks to be going down to points scored unless either myself or Hanoi slip up again.

• 3 weeks later...

Anything left to play for in your league? We have a head to head next week to decide who finishes bottom but I won first place weeks ago and runner up was never in doubt.

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Please, no part timers next year.

I've just won a two person league. Very thrilling. :angry:

I'd rather come bottom of an entertaining league than this.

Sorry about that.

I might be involved next year. The problem with this is once you realise you don't have a very good team, it's quite difficult to make it right. It's not like the other game where you can overhaul your team, especially as all the good players have been taken.

That coupled with the games flaws in scoring and autosubs meant I lost interest. I genuinely don't have time on a saturday to make last minute changes to my team, so the no autosubs thing really pissed me off.

The addition of playoffs would help as well as it would mean if you clearly couldn't win, which became obvious none of us would apart from you and Hanoi, we'd still have something to play for.

Edited by Stevo985

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry about that.

I might be involved next year. The problem with this is once you realise you don't have a very good team, it's quite difficult to make it right. It's not like the other game where you can overhaul your team, especially as all the good players have been taken.

That coupled with the games flaws in scoring and autosubs meant I lost interest. I genuinely don't have time on a saturday to make last minute changes to my team, so the no autosubs thing really pissed me off.

The addition of playoffs would help as well as it would mean if you clearly couldn't win, which became obvious none of us would apart from you and Hanoi, we'd still have something to play for.

I know what you're saying. The overhauling of the squad should be easier next year for 2 reasons 1) Blind drafting rather than 11 games into the season where players are kind of established and 2) A committed group of players willing to trade.

Also, if it's less than 12 people that'll mean more maneuvers with free players. That's essentially how me and @HanoiVillan played it.

The app is useful for switching out players very easily. All that needs to happen if possible is a quick glance around 2pm for the team lines and then adjust.

Playoffs are in from next as well I believe....

Edited by sexbelowsound

Yeah the app will make it easier, but I still don't think I can commit to checking lineups at 2pm every week.

I honestly don't see why they can't put an autosub thing is. That's basically the same thing, but automatic. All the current system achieves is give an advantage to people who are able/can be bothered to make changes at 2pm on a Saturday.

I'm definitely doing this with my mates though next year, so I'll be more involved in that one which will probably mean I'm subsequently more involved in this one.

Edited by Stevo985

Â