12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Question for you guys:

I'm number one on the waiver wire and someone has released Cabaye. Should I pick Cabaye up and lose my waiver place or wait and see if a superstar joins someone in this window knowing that the would be mine.

Wait for him to clear waivers and be the first to pick him up on a free transfer.

17 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Wait for him to clear waivers and be the first to pick him up on a free transfer.

Would be ideal but doubt he will clear, I believe my little brother has bid for him.

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Would be ideal but doubt he will clear, I believe my little brother has bid for him.

Well I have Cabaye. I'd use my waiver to pick him up. I'd wager that he'll score more points between now and the end of the season than any January signing.

11 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Well I have Cabaye. I'd use my waiver to pick him up. I'd wager that he'll score more points between now and the end of the season than any January signing.

I'm thinking the same but I'm dreading Utd doing something crazy like actually managing to buy Bale.

Or Villa signing Lacazette and him scoring 40 goals this season to keep us up lol.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm thinking the same but I'm dreading Utd doing something crazy like actually managing to buy Bale.

Or Villa signing Lacazette and him scoring 40 goals this season to keep us up lol.

United could sign Bale and he'd be played as a wing back and do nothing as long as LVG is there.

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

United could sign Bale and he'd be played as a wing back and do nothing as long as LVG is there.

True but LVG will surely get the sack soon (although I've been saying that for ages).

Just had a look at them both. Literally no point is there? Both have the same amount of points and points per game average.

I thought Howard would be higher because Spurs have a tendency lately to not keep clean sheets but also not give Lloris much to do so he ends up with awful points.

If it will tempt you at all, Everton have a really good run of fixtures coming up . . .

EDIT: I'm quite keen on this transfer, and I can sense I'm losing you, so here's the honest state of my thinking:

I want Lloris because he's the better goalkeeper playing behind a better defence. I also wonder if Howard is going to get dropped - is he actually any better than Robles? He's had a few howlers and helped gift Chelsea their first at the weekend. 

However, Martinez seems to like him, and doesn't show any indication of changing him. Everton also have, as I say, a great run of fixtures in the immediate future. Howard is more likely to score double digit returns than Lloris, because as you've noted, he's more involved in the match. However, he also sometimes returns negative scores as well. 

Basically, choosing Howard would be a high-risk, high-reward strategy for you. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Â