12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...

How has Christmas treated your league? There has been a big shift in mine with the bottom team picking up their first two wins and are nearly off the foot of the table (hope for Villa yet?) and the top team picking up back to back losses (assuming Coutinho doesn't score 50+ points tonight).

Personally it's been kind to me. I'm working my way up but that's mainly due to playing the bottom two teams who missed the draft so are practically gimmes.

If I can beat Maqroll this week I'll be looking alright.

On 12/30/2015 at 12:59, Rds1983 said:

How has Christmas treated your league? There has been a big shift in mine with the bottom team picking up their first two wins and are nearly off the foot of the table (hope for Villa yet?) and the top team picking up back to back losses (assuming Coutinho doesn't score 50+ points tonight).

SBS and myself remain at the top, but play each other for the first time next week. Then there are a big group of teams, from 3rd to 8th, all within one game of each other and which could easily go on a good run to challenge at the top. Stevo has moved most over Xmas, getting back into that group. 

I almost lost to the bottom team this week. 

With 20 minutes to go of the last game of the weekend I was losing but then Lamela picked up a yellow that lowered his points and then Barkley had a shot saved by Lloris, both of which were on my team which swung the tie my way.

That is very close.

I kinda think that if teams are within X amount of each other then there should be a draw to make the league more realistic.

Fyi the top of our league let Cabaye go this week, brave call as they play Villa next.

Let Cabaye go? As in traded him or waivered him?

I have Cabaye, can't think of why anybody would give him up. Having players you can rely on to consistently score you decent points is important. I feel like if I have him and Barkley playing in a game week i'll win the midfield battle more often than not.

I guess he hasn't really produced those standards in recent weeks but he has been injured.

Who let Delefou go? One of my most consistent scorers (apart from last week when it mattered against Maqroll!)

I picked up James Tomkins last night. Cheers to whoever let him go.

Edit: this is where somebody tells me he's injured for 6 months

Edited by Stevo985

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Did we decide if there were playoffs in this?

I might be able to scrape in there if there is.

The FAQ implies that play offs are coming in this season.

• Like 1

Question for you guys:

I'm number one on the waiver wire and someone has released Cabaye. Should I pick Cabaye up and lose my waiver place or wait and see if a superstar joins someone in this window knowing that the would be mine.

Edited by Rds1983

Â