12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

To tell the truth, I actually didn't realise there would be a shortened gameweek this week until about Wednesday. I don't know why, I knew about it in FPL, I just never made the connection for some reason. I'd definitely have been into Josh King if I'd realised, but that's for taking my eye off the ball I guess. 

My problem going forward is that I've loaded up on crap - I'll find a use for Cork, but Bony? Adam Smith? Geoff Cameron? These are lemons of the highest order. 

Yeah. I'll probably go ahead and lose next week. I think I can get away with keeping a couple of mine. Wimmer is a guaranteed starter whilst Vertonghen remains out. King is a good 4th choice striker and Affelay deserves to stay even though his previous weekly points scores have been poor.

I'm still looking forward to next season. Everyone likes winning games but this season has become a bit of a farce.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Yeah. I'll probably go ahead and lose next week. I think I can get away with keeping a couple of mine. Wimmer is a guaranteed starter whilst Vertonghen remains out. King is a good 4th choice striker and Affelay deserves to stay even though his previous weekly points scores have been poor.

I'm still looking forward to next season. Everyone likes winning games but this season has become a bit of a farce.

Yes, I have to agree. In a weird way I'm quite glad you won this weekend, because it keeps the interest going until the end of the season. If I'd won, that would have been that and I'd have had a real chance of going unbeaten, which would have been nice but as you say, a bit farcical. Hopefully we can get together with @Rds1983 and his group, and any others who are more prepared to commit for next season. 

Wimmer and King are exactly who I was thinking of when I praised your picks . . . both solid choices IMO. Not convinced by Afellay, can't help but feel, looking at his stats, that his score this week was mainly down to his assist. And Stoke just don't score very often. Got a feeling we may be fishing in fairly rancid ponds to replace these guys though. 

Yes, I have to agree. In a weird way I'm quite glad you won this weekend, because it keeps the interest going until the end of the season. If I'd won, that would have been that and I'd have had a real chance of going unbeaten, which would have been nice but as you say, a bit farcical. Hopefully we can get together with @Rds1983 and his group, and any others who are more prepared to commit for next season. 

Wimmer and King are exactly who I was thinking of when I praised your picks . . . both solid choices IMO. Not convinced by Afellay, can't help but feel, looking at his stats, that his score this week was mainly down to his assist. And Stoke just don't score very often. Got a feeling we may be fishing in fairly rancid ponds to replace these guys though. 

That's exactly what it was for. I was absolutely staggered that he got double figures but I'll give him another week I think.

I'm 100% in for next season. Easily the best Fantasy Game out there.

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's exactly what it was for. I was absolutely staggered that he got double figures but I'll give him another week I think.

I'm 100% in for next season. Easily the best Fantasy Game out there.

Yeah, I much prefer it to FPL, I'm far more invested in it. 

Yeah, I much prefer it to FPL, I'm far more invested in it. 

I gave up on that. I missed one game week and just haven't checked since. I always do it with that one though.

This one I feel like these players are mine, because they are. It's not like everyone has my players.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

I gave up on that. I missed one game week and just haven't checked since. I always do it with that one though.

This one I feel like these players are mine, because they are. It's not like everyone has my players.

Ah, I wondered what had happened to you. There's only a few people on the VillaTalk league that I can actually identify, of which you are one, and I remembered that not long ago we were on exactly the same score and then when I came to look for you a couple of weeks ago you were on the second page or something, 50 points back. I think you might have had a better last couple of weeks than you maybe realise, you're certainly back on the first page anyway! 

Ah, I wondered what had happened to you. There's only a few people on the VillaTalk league that I can actually identify, of which you are one, and I remembered that not long ago we were on exactly the same score and then when I came to look for you a couple of weeks ago you were on the second page or something, 50 points back. I think you might have had a better last couple of weeks than you maybe realise, you're certainly back on the first page anyway! 

Nah, I've quit. I was 12th at one point. 

I've thrown my toys out of the pram haha.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hopefully we can get together with @Rds1983 and his group, and any others who are more prepared to commit for next season. 

Don't you worry, it's gonna be alright.

I'll be there, I'll be ready.

• Like 1

The auto subs thing ruins me. 

I don't have the time on a saturday to make sure all of my lineup are playing and that's stung me enough times that I've given up again now :)

I also feel like I've been very unucky with injuries, and haven't been involved enough in the game to play the free agent market well enough to make up for it.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The auto subs thing ruins me. 

I don't have the time on a saturday to make sure all of my lineup are playing and that's stung me enough times that I've given up again now :)

I also feel like I've been very unucky with injuries, and haven't been involved enough in the game to play the free agent market well enough to make up for it.

Honestly it doesn't take that long.

I probably spend 10 minutes checking and adjusting lineups.

I also only really spend 5-10 once the waivers clear on free agents.

Aye it doesn't. But on a Saturday I'm usually out of the house form 10am and get back just in time to watch Villa, so I genuinely don't have time to check this stuff (and even less time next season when I'll be down the Villa every other week)

And yeah it doesn't take long to do the free agent stuff, I just haven't done it, that's all. I never think about it until it's too late :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â