12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

38 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I know what you're saying. The overhauling of the squad should be easier next year for 2 reasons 1) Blind drafting rather than 11 games into the season where players are kind of established and 2) A committed group of players willing to trade.

Also, if it's less than 12 people that'll mean more maneuvers with free players. That's essentially how me and @HanoiVillan played it.

The app is useful for switching out players very easily. All that needs to happen if possible is a quick glance around 2pm for the team lines and then adjust.

Playoffs are in from next as well I believe....

Blind drafting will make a massive difference. I prepared very carefully for the draft, but that'll be much harder to do next year. The league changes a lot from season to season - Hazard would probably have been everyone's first pick this season, and would have been a complete waste. Trading will also help. 

Can't believe I finally managed to win a week! Was a disastrous few weeks, couldn't buy a win. Still, made up for it in FPL, into the VT Top 10 now . . .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The no auto-subs thing is the same in the NFL one and it works better. It's about taking the risk.

Nah, it sucks.

It just brings more chance into it.

It works for NFL leagues and this is based on the NFL draft style format.

You're just too used to auto-subs from normal fantasy football :D

There is a degree of chance, but there needs to be in any fantasy football game.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I am used to it because it works.

What's the difference between:

me logging in at 2pm, looking at the lineups, and subbing out my unused player for a player that is being used

and

the autosub function doing exactly the same thing for me?

If the game works so that you CAN'T check your lineup at 2-3pm and make last minute changes, then fair enough, I get that would be a gamble and shit happens. But at the moment it does let you change your lineup, and that favours people who are able to check that stuff an hour before kickoff and make last minute changes.

Edited by Stevo985

In American football, you have statuses. 

Out = 0% chance of playing

Doubtful = 25% chance

Questionable = 50% chance

Probable = 75% chance

These are updated daily.

You have a star player who has been questionable all week. Do you risk playing him for the potential points, or put in somebody who is less good?

Having auto-subs completely removes that element of risk that makes it fun.

Edited by StefanAVFC

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You have a star player who has been questionable all week. Do you risk playing him for the potential points, or put in somebody who is less good?

The ability to change your starting players once line-ups are announced negates this though. If he doesn't play then you just take him out.

I actually like that you can change players and swap people out. I've used it to my advantage several times this season and won when I've known my opponent was busy and couldn't change theirs.

I actually think that the best way of doing it would be for line-ups to lock 75-90 minutes before kick off and for no subs to be allowed, auto or manual. Leaves in the edge of will he play but removes the advantage of being able to amend.

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

In American football, you have statuses. 

Out = 0% chance of playing

Doubtful = 25% chance

Questionable = 50% chance

Probable = 75% chance

These are updated daily.

8 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The ability to change your starting players once line-ups are announced negates this though. If he doesn't play then you just take him out.

Exactly, that's my point.

As it stands, that element of risk exists for me, because I rarely am available to make last minute changes.

But for people who are able to make those changes every week, they don't have that risk at all, because they can log on at 2:40 and change their lineup.

If there was a strict deadline like the other FF game, well before lineups were announced, with no autosubs, then fine. I get that risk is there and it adds an element.

But the ability to make last minute changes just gets rid of all that risk. It's skewed in favour of people who are available for that time period.

Like I said, there's literally no difference between logging on half an hour before kick off and subbing out your player who isn't in the lineup, and having an autosub feature that does it for you. Either add an autosub, or remove the ability to change your team once lineups are announced.

Edited by Stevo985

8 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Same as TOGGA. I agree with Stefan. If you don't have time to make the changes then fair enough but this game is far more immersive than the standard fantasy football and requires you to be more involved.

More involved is one thing.

Involved for a specific 40 minute window every week is another.

I'm sure you've all probably received the email, but 'Scott from TOGGA' has created a feedback form eliciting suggestions. I'd recommend taking a few minutes to upload your thoughts, they do seem to be trying to improve the game all the time. 

I made a suggestion re autosubs, that maybe they could exist, but rather than putting in the highest-scoring player in, there's either an 'autosub order' (basically the same as FPL) or alternatively that the player with the gameweek score closest to the mean between highest and lowest on your bench is subbed in at the end of the gameweek. 

I'll be in again next year, I've tried to keep on top of it having taken over an auto drafted team. Since downloading the app a few weeks ago I've been more on it. Think you'll see that I've possibly made the most transfers but still stuck way down thanks to a terrible start where I missed a few weeks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sure you've all probably received the email, but 'Scott from TOGGA' has created a feedback form eliciting suggestions. 

I've not received this. Strange as I've received more emails than others in my group as I'm league commissioner.

Â