12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm imagining "Le Scoot" is a new brand of French Segway

Speaking of Le Scoots. On the way to the gym yesterday some teenager was on one trying to weave in out of people. Thankfully he fell flat on his arse and ruined his expensive tracksuit and man purse.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have Veretout and play him most weeks. He averages somewhere around 12-13 points since Garde took over. 

Villa players score well under Garde, especially when we play at home, which I surmise is a result of the fact that we maintain possession for long periods. Garde's playing style is very conducive to TOGGA points. 

SBS has picked up Cissokho, which is a great pick (I was planning on doing the same thing myself, just hadn't got round to it/got lazy) - Cissokho has scored in double figures (nearly?) every week and seems to get close to 20 points when we pick up a clean sheet. He's helped by being a 'creative outlet' (quotation marks very much justified). 

Another decent pick - and I'm being serious - is Mark Bunn, who is also picking up a few double figure scores. 

Veretout is on my watchlist. If we had signed a more mobile striker I probably would've picked him up already as I think he will get a few chances and assists; maybe Gabby can work out though. 

I was tempted by Cissokho but managed to work out a trade for Kolarov instead.

Yes, he's not a brilliant pick because we don't score enough goals. I'll be benching him most weeks once Lanzini is back in action. 

I don't like Kolarov as a selection - you never know when he's going to play, and if he doesn't start he doesn't come off the bench. He also seems to be scoring and assisting less, and of course without Kompany they never keep a clean sheet either. 

He is a back up defender for me atm and I can usually check line ups and manage to switch people out if they don't start. 

Plus Kompany should be back soon, potentially on the bench on Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Away from the title race, I've picked up another win, making a burst for midtable mediocrity having taken over a dead and buried team. Kind of like Remi Garde, but actually working.

26 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

@HanoiVillan Can't believe Eriksen did so little.

That's happened to me before in my other defeat. Had my best player out only needing a few points and he did nothing.

Yeah, his score is bonkers. I sort of think it might rise overnight. Surely he got more than 2 points just for the clean sheet? However, it definitely won't be enough to matter, so we have a three-point season. A tense run-in awaits. 

21 minutes ago, chappy said:

Away from the title race, I've picked up another win, making a burst for midtable mediocrity having taken over a dead and buried team. Kind of like Remi Garde, but actually working.

It would require a bit of luck, but a top-half finish is not totally out of the question for you. You've got me next week, so good luck and may the best man win. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, his score is bonkers. I sort of think it might rise overnight. Surely he got more than 2 points just for the clean sheet? However, it definitely won't be enough to matter, so we have a three-point season. A tense run-in awaits. 

It would require a bit of luck, but a top-half finish is not totally out of the question for you. You've got me next week, so good luck and may the best man win. 

Well your score changed overnight yesterday as well because I was 11 clear but started today something like 7 or 8. Jack Cork got a few extra points.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Yeah, they quite often change overnight. 

EDIT: I'm actually embarrassed to read you talking about my team and the words 'Jack Cork' in the same sentence. **** me I brought in some bilge this week, and all for nowt. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, they quite often change overnight. 

EDIT: I'm actually embarrassed to read you talking about my team and the words 'Jack Cork' in the same sentence. **** me I brought in some bilge this week, and all for nowt. 

The lad got you 14.5 points. That's a solid return!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The lad got you 14.5 points. That's a solid return!

Haha yeah, I probably was a bit unclear but I meant more in terms of 'real life' ability. His last six scores - which I think encompasses all or most of the Guidolin time - are 10.5, 15, 13.5, 13, 9 & 14.5 which is pretty good for a defensive midfielder who didn't score in any of those games (did pick up 2 assists). I think he's one I might hang on to, I can see him plausibly fulfilling the role Veretout had for me previously, of just 'ticking over' in double figures. I don't watch Swansea play, but presumably he's a guy who makes tons of accurate short passes or something. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Haha yeah, I probably was a bit unclear but I meant more in terms of 'real life' ability. His last six scores - which I think encompasses all or most of the Guidolin time - are 10.5, 15, 13.5, 13, 9 & 14.5 which is pretty good for a defensive midfielder who didn't score in any of those games (did pick up 2 assists). I think he's one I might hang on to, I can see him plausibly fulfilling the role Veretout had for me previously, of just 'ticking over' in double figures. I don't watch Swansea play, but presumably he's a guy who makes tons of accurate short passes or something. 

I'm actually annoyed I missed him. I panicked because I thought everyone would be in there trying to snag the best free agents.

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm actually annoyed I missed him. I panicked because I thought everyone would be in there trying to snag the best free agents.

To tell the truth, I actually didn't realise there would be a shortened gameweek this week until about Wednesday. I don't know why, I knew about it in FPL, I just never made the connection for some reason. I'd definitely have been into Josh King if I'd realised, but that's for taking my eye off the ball I guess. 

My problem going forward is that I've loaded up on crap - I'll find a use for Cork, but Bony? Adam Smith? Geoff Cameron? These are lemons of the highest order. 

Â